10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    On that note: I've been meaning to start the manga for a while now, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
    I might check it out as well, since the anime supposedly is really bad compared to the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Get hype niggers:
    Well alrighty then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mob 100 6 - That twist at the end is too good (younger bro having powers, not dimple re-appearing)
    [CENTER]

asuka makes anything look good

15+ Year Old Account
    New Game 07 - Aoba getting in trouble with another department because Yagami forgot to teach her something triggered my PTSD

10+ Year Old Account
    New Game 07: Ahagon-san is cute AF. Need more of her at my work!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is anyone watching Time Travel Shoujo? Don't recall seeing anyone mention it but wondered if it might be worth starting.
    I dropped it after the third episode because I didn't enjoy it much, and I already had more than enough to watch on saturdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, guess it won't be going on the list then. I have enough to watch as it is too, I guess. I need to stop being greedy!
    Yep you have enough to watch with this already:

Honestly, by the time I even bothered looking at the anime, there was enough that I just couldn't be bothered getting through it all lol I'm bad enough at watching stuff as it is, never mind adding each JoJo series to the list I'll get to it eventually... probably.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't I just wait until it gets to where I've read up to and then start there?
    But it's so much better with voices and movement ='(
    [CENTER]

It's that time again! Spice and Wolf time. First time viewer...

Episode 7
    Spoiler: 

Banter, I like it, I like it.

Yeah, that foreboding person watching them? Totally not going to be the next antagonist. Especially since they’re in the OP.

Wait, that hooded figure was a woman? Well, I guess I wasn’t able to get a good look at her…

I really hope that the antagonist is good. There’s a distinct lack of good female villains in media.

Holo: “What kind of mutt are you, looking at other women when I’m right beside you?” Hey, there’s nothing wrong with looking…!

In case you couldn't tell, I watched this episode late at night, when I was tired. The rest I watched the next day. Far too lazy to actually try and comment on everything, lol.

Episode 8
    Spoiler: 

Yet again, they’re drinking.

And, yet again, Holo can’t handle her alcohol. Why is this a surprise to her, exactly?

…this conversation about holes in her apron is just brimming with lewd.

More alcohol? Man, it feels like there can’t be a conversation without alcohol involved.

Bar maid: “Do you have a wife?” Lawrence pauses, then says, “She hasn’t gotten a hold of my purse yet, but she has a firm hold over my reins.”

UGH, this bar maid’s voice is terribly annoying.

I really appreciate how they animate Holo’s tail to display how she’s feeling.

Holo: “Do you think I’d take advantage of someone’s goodwill?” Well, you’ve certainly taken advantage of Lawrence many times, so…

Man…we get a scene with them embracing each other and being nice, to an immediate jump to later in the day. sighs

Guys. Guys. You’re never going to believe this, but they’re drinking alcohol!

…That “almost” ominous music felt out of place for this scene (meeting the covered merchant).

I do not fault the show for this, but it really does bother me that they’re in a time period where being a woman (gasp!) merchant is a rare and troublesome thing.

Eve: “I want you to chat with me.” *fireplace crackles, forebodingly* …lol.

Eve: “There’s nothing you can understand less than a woman’s heart. And I don’t understand woman talk anyway.” Normally I’d call this bullshit, but seeing how Holo acts sometimes, maybe I’ll have to agree with this.

Hmm, I expected Eve to be an antagonist based on their previous, limited interactions and her being covered up, but she seems like she won’t be.

Interesting. Hopefully she’ll be more interesting than that shepherd.

Episode 9
    Spoiler: 

So, the episode starts off with Holo being unreasonable. Great.

*cue title screen, “Wolf and Careless Negotiations”* Welp, I’m going to hate this episode.

Interesting symbolism we have here, with the pans to the sky and the roofs making forks in the road, etc, especially after just having a conversation about Holo’s heart.

Holo: “…you just thought of how you want me to be.” What?! Uh, no. I don’t think anyone wants their significant other to be “possessive and [full of] self-hatred”.

Holo: “Males really are idiotic creatures. You’re attracted to jealous females, who act distressed and meek while wanting you and hating themselves, right?” There are so many things wrong with this. First off, fuck off with your “men are dumb, am I right?” comments. Secondly, what does that make of females that employ such ridiculous tactics? Thirdly, no, Holo, he wants you. Why do you feel the need to put up this charade for 1.5 seasons? It’s infuriating. It’s obvious to the viewer, it’s obvious to the various townsfolk, and it should be obvious to both Lawrence and Holo that you’re both smitten with each other. Just…stop.

Holo: “So…I’m asking just to tease you, but… do you want to know how many I’ve had?” Why…wha…I’m just confused. I can’t speak for everyone, but I wouldn’t want the answer to that. It’s in the past; it’s none of my business, not to mention it’d have the potential to elicit some emotions I’d rather not have.

Lawrence, in response: “Again, I’ve realized just how delicate my heart is.” Good answer, Lawrence.

Holo: “The pleasant, whimsical banter with you ends, and I guess I’m back to boring reality.” My thoughts exactly, Holo…

Holo: “Of course, it wouldn’t be sheep I’d be counting in bed.” Fucking lol.

Hmm, interesting. Despite using Yabai subs, and her being referred to as “Holo” in every instance beforehand, she introduces herself as “Horo”. I assume this was simply a mistake…?

Not going to lie, Holo did actually look seductive on that bed. …until she rolled over, lol.

Holo: “I don’t mind if you go downstairs […]” PHRASING!

Hold the phone. They’re drinking alcohol!

Eve: “I’ll get straight to the point. Will you sell your companion?” I swear. The final conflict in this show better not be YET ANOTHER conflict between Holo and Lawrence about money and companionship and blah blah blah.

Despite my dislike for the ending of episode nine, it was one of the more enjoyable episodes for me. I don't have much more to say that hasn't already been stated in the collapsible spoilers, other than I hope that that's not what the final conflict is going to be. I'm begging you, don't make that the final arc; that will leave a very sour taste in my mouth at the very end of the series no less.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you still haven't seen KONO DIO DA
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Uranium.

#FuckNintendo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    RIP Uranium.

#FuckNintendo
    You're in business skewl, you should know what IP law is and why companies enforce it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    You're in business skewl, you should know what IP law and why companies enforce it.
    Yeah I know. But I also know that protecting IP is not always the smartest business choice, and it's been known to destroy companies in the past, while being a bit more lax has allowed other companies to flourish. One reason Nintendo hasn't done so well in recent years is their draconian IP regulations.

Just started Pokémon Uranium and my character appears to have a scouter....
    Where did you download that? I tried to get it as soon as I heard about it but Nintendo was faster.

RIP Uranium.

#FuckNintendo
    I see other people are experiencing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I've watched 21 episodes of Monster so far and I don't think I'm going to finish it...Each new little group of characters and subplot they move onto just feels disjointed...
    That was the essence of my complaint. Basically what Monster does well is give you a sense of just how many individual stories dwell in a single country like this, and how looking for somebody with so little to go on is a daunting task. You never know if the next person you meet will have a tidbit or, more likely, have nothing to do with your quest. Unfortunately from a story standpoint this means that the whole show is full of essentially irrelevant characters, leaving you to wonder when the plot will eventually move.

I did like the police guy though. Total Javert copy, but whatever.

@icedwarrior I'll be replying to you later when I finish my own watching and commenting. Once again behind this week as I was gone to Bozeman/Yellowstone and when I got back decided to catch up on other things first.

she even says the line in the pv!
    strike the blood 2 infos

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    @icedwarrior I'll be replying to you later when I finish my own watching and commenting.
    Oh, no worries. I always enjoy the discussion, regardless of when it's posted. Hell, I almost didn't do the watching today, but I was surprised to find myself off work five hours early today.

Once again behind this week as I was gone to Bozeman/Yellowstone and when I got back decided to catch up on other things first.
    Cool, how was that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know. But I also know that protecting IP is not always the smartest business choice, and it's been known to destroy companies in the past, while being a bit more lax has allowed other companies to flourish. One reason Nintendo hasn't done so well in recent years is their draconian IP regulations.
    This is true and not true at the same time. Allowing people to do Let's Play videos helps promote games. Yet Nintendo goes after people all the time for it. If you allow people to use your IP and make a game with it. Then the line has to be drawn there.