Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How safe is Shadow for Legion?

What I mean is, are the numbers solid enough that even if they get a nerf they will still be among the top dps specs? I am trying to choose between a Hunter, Mage and Shadow Priest to use my 100 boost for Legion.

If you go mage and don't suck, you'll never have to worry about numbers again

The biggest challenge with mage is staying awake.

Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Oh, Ice Lance.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Glacial Spike.. Frostbolt.. yawn..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    The biggest challenge with mage is staying awake.

Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Oh, Ice Lance.. Frostbolt.. Frostbolt.. Glacial Spike.. Frostbolt.. yawn..
    Fire is fun to play, Frost usually is more PvP orientated than PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by CapybaraSlayer View Post
    I find fire extremely clunky. You have to sit and wait after casting fireball (ie. doing nothing for a GCD) since Heating Up/Hotstreak proc on spell hit rather than cast to see if you get to cast fire blast to proc Hot Streak or have to recast fireball.

Frost's current problem is that it is either bugged or the tooltip's information is gratuitously incorrect, because Brain Freeze and Frost Fingers don't proc anywhere near their stated percentages from Frostbolt, which makes the rotation less dynamic than it should be.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Fireball, Fireball, Pyro, Fireball, Fireblast, Pyro, Fireblast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix, Pryo, Fireblast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Fireblast, Pyro

Yeah, i can see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    What I mean is, are the numbers solid enough that even if they get a nerf they will still be among the top dps specs? I am trying to choose between a Hunter, Mage and Shadow Priest to use my 100 boost for Legion.
    Priest is awesome right now, however I suspect they will nerf us. They normally expect us to play at 200% the effort to be on par with the likes of average Hunters and Mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    Fireball, Fireball, Pyro, Fireball, Fireblast, Pyro, Fireblast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Phoenix, Pryo, Fireblast, Pyro, Phoenix, Pyro, Fireblast, Pyro

I find it to be more fast-paced, especially during the burst phase at the start. Getting pyro proc after pyro proc is a very satisfying feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I find fire extremely clunky. You have to sit and wait after casting fireball (ie. doing nothing for a GCD) since Heating Up/Hotstreak proc on spell hit rather than cast to see if you get to cast fire blast to proc Hot Streak or have to recast fireball.

Frost's current problem is that it is either bugged or the tooltip's information is gratuitously incorrect, because Brain Freeze and Frost Fingers don't proc anywhere near their stated percentages from Frostbolt, which makes the rotation less dynamic than it should be.
    Waaaah? That's not how you fire mage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post

Your scenario doesn't make sense, first two fireballs do crit, or you hardcast Pyro? Why if frist fireball crit you don't use fireblast, you sit capped on 2 stacks of fireblast for what reason? Are you even trying m8?

But back OT: yeah, Shadow is very safe for legion, it has fun gameplay, some options to spice it up via talents and you have one of the best artifacts in the game. I would definitely go shadow as main character if i didn't had such a big hardon on fire mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Getting pyro proc after pyro proc is a very satisfying feeling.
    And a very unbalanced too, if you look at some beta raiding logs. But since 98% of mage players are going fire in legion, this wont be a problem.

Herp Derp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Are you even trying m8?
    Not rly. Its Mage. Smash some buttons and you do ~20% more dmg than anyone else. I couldnt care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn;41900154[B
    ]I find fire extremely clunky. You have to sit and wait after casting fireball (ie. doing nothing for a GCD) since Heating Up/Hotstreak proc on spell hit rather than cast to see if you get to cast fire blast to proc Hot Streak or have to recast fireball[/B].

Eh lol thats not how u play fire. Theres a reason why fireblast is castable while casting another spell. You should always be casting, u proc that heating up from first fireball while casting 2nd fireball and use fireblast and follow up a pyro on your second fireball.

This thread isn't about how you play a mage guys.....

Here's a thread where you can argue about mage rotation semantics to your hearts content:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eta-Megathread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post

Here's a thread where you can argue about mage rotation semantics to your hearts content:
    To be fair, you can't make good comparison of how fun "a hunter, a mage and a shadow priest" is without discussing rotations of all of them. Or i get OP wrong and he is talking about numbers, which will be eventually nerfed/buffed. I would personally go for fun over DPS numbers
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    To be fair, you can't make good comparison of how fun "a hunter, a mage and a shadow priest" is without discussing rotations of all of them. Or i get OP wrong and he is talking about numbers, which will be eventually nerfed/buffed. I would personally go for fun over DPS numbers
    His post specifically asks about numbers. If it is about fun then arguing about rotations and openers on a forum isn't a very effective way of communicating how much fun something is to play. Statements like "Mages are fun, fire's opener is amazing." are much more effective.

OP play whatever you enjoy. If you want to be one of the top DPS; go mage or hunter. I'm pretty cynical about shadow these days. I'm waiting for the announcement of the shadow nerfs that will inevitably come. I hope they don't, but we haven't been this strong for a long time and I doubt blizzard will let it continue.....

You can cast fire blast while casting another spell, so when you get a HU proc you fire blast then cast pyro when your current cast finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post

Well this thread is pointless if wer not comparing classes of how they work. Blizz can nerf fire mage numbers this exact moment im writing this post >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    The thing is Hunter and Mage are looking as solid as they have the last expansions. You have really good AOE burst on trash and DMG overall. You will easly find a Mithic+ and Raid Spot. Plus you have 3 dps specs one of them will be a viable choice in PvE or PvP content.

Priest on the other Hand is more of an experiment. We will have to see how strong our Artifact traits boost our aoe potenial because right now it`s really not that great and a good 60% of mythic dungeons depend on that. That being said my guild and many guildleaders i know specifically search for 1-2 shadows because we and Warriors are the only specs in the entire game which still have their execute. Shadow is really good at single target and likes adds spawning because of twist of fate. The fact that your DMG goes under the fing roof with StM at the end of an bossfight allows your raid to bypass the occasional enrage at 30% very fast which helps your tanks and healers.

15+ Year Old Account

Fireblast doesnt have a GCD and can be used while casting a spell.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

How good is SPriest in PVP ?

Getting worse all the time.