Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    lol. Why is CRZ hate suddenly being dug back up. Thought we were all over it since the end of Cata?
    people bitched about garrison cause hur dur single player people bitch about crz zones cause too much people just wtf
    Bitch Pls

Quote Originally Posted by womlot02 View Post
    I have been playing on a low pop server for over 2 years now. And while finding groups or raiding guilds wasnt as easy as it is on a high population realm, one of the perks was that if I wanted to get a rare pet or something in an old zone, I could go there and get it uncontested. But not anymore. Now being on a low population server has no perks at all thanks to CRZ. For the last week I have been trying to get into pet battling and every single zone I go to there is at least 3 people camping for the same pet I am trying to get. CRZ assures that no matter what zone you go to or what you're trying to collect, you will always have competition because the only reason people would visit that particular area is for what you are looking for.

I have spent nearly all day trying to get the pet from the Imperial Python on timeless isle. And I have had 5 pythons taken right from under my nose. I ran around for hours and hours killing regular Pythons to try to get an imperial one to spawn, and when it did, some person who literally just landed on the island would kill it just passing by. And I never saw a single person from my server anywhere.

This is absolutely absurd and I am finished.
    I love that you are so bothered by this you felt the need to register an account and post it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    That or maybe we don't think Low pop servers should be able to get things easier than us?

I mean I would be ok with it if those servers don't use BoA mechanics and they only count on that server.
    Wow! Just wow! You went full circle back to the first post. It doesn't matter what the situation is pre-CRZ. CRZ does not compensate for anything! It's bad for everyone!

I don't know why BoA even matters for this, but i don't really care. If it got rid of CRZ i'd be up for it.

What i'd like to see is arguments why CRZ is even a good thing. Is seeing a person from another realm important to you?
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-16 at 03:15 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Wow! Just wow! You went full circle back to the first post. It doesn't matter what the situation is pre-CRZ. CRZ does not compensate for anything! It's bad for everyone!

I don't know why BoA even matters for this, but i don't really care. If it got rid of CRZ i'd be up for it.

I don't think it's bad... I think competition is a good thing.

Because with pets at least you can get it on one server then sell it on another. (learn it where you catch it then cage it on the selling server)

Coldnt you kind of mitigate this a little by making a toon on a low CRZ group? Im about to make a toon on Tol'Barad. lowest pop realm, and its a Brazil server, so if i understand the mechanics properly, only the 6 or whatever realms in that group could CRZ in to it...

Deleted
    CRZ sure is convenient but something feels wrong about going to a rare spawn location and using a addon to cycle realms for 10 minutes untill it shows up:/

but yeah any plans i had off getting say timelost protodrake are now gone forever. more competition for that now then there ever was in wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Coldnt you kind of mitigate this a little by making a toon on a low CRZ group? Im about to make a toon on Tol'Barad. lowest pop realm, and its a Brazil server, so if i understand the mechanics properly, only the 6 or whatever realms in that group could CRZ in to it...

My last understanding of CRA was it's pretty much region wide now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiravan View Post
    All I see is "bawwww my instant gratification bawwwww"

I had friends camp TLPD for /months/ on a pretty dead realm back in WotLK/Early Cata. Literally sitting there waiting the whole time. It has always been hard, they are supposed to be rare. That's the whole point of them. That they are rare and hard to get.
    u have NO idea. due to changes in wow , the main addon that allowed camping rares, npcscan, doesnt work anymore. It scanned cacha, and would alert if u rare spawnd nearbie. so u left your pc on, went to bed / movie /whatever, and u would be woken up by npcscan alert. It was on ONE realm, with no concurrency from some freaking russians or french or italian stupid bricks, that could easily invade your little realm. U had ONE zone , one instance of the zone, so you are sure, it it spawns, if you are there, you get it. That was rarecamping in wow.

Now its:
    Hmm it might spawn, but a shitton of russians are permacampin all points all night long. Hmm it might spawn, but on another shard of your realm (yes zones are intanced in a way that u cannot be sure u are in the same instance u were the last few hours, you as a player have no fucking way to know if you are still in the same version of a zone than u were the last 6 hours, when u killed vyragosa). This is making people really mad. spending 6- hours on one mob, having a fuckton of nolive russian drugaddicts that get paid for spamming putinpropaganda and trolling on random internet forums (here are som of those too), and not even know if u are in the same instance than u killed vyragosa before. So have fun farming tlp now, its like the most stupid shit they have ever done to this game.

Wow for a character is not one world anymore, its many worlds that exist simultanously and u have no idea in which one u are, so all your rare timers are useless..

That is what makes rare camping "HARD", Shiravan, u have no clue about wow anymore. Back in wotlk / cata it was fuck easy to camp stuff. u went their and waited until it spawned. Bingo.

Now u go there , und after a few hours of waiting, u dont even know in how many different zones you have been waiting, and somtimes a dead tlp just falling from the sky, from some other instance he spawned in, and the dead body falls into your instance, and see some guy with a name of kyrillic letters loot it, and have no clue on which instanced zone you actually are and were the tlp did come from.

Thats why people are mad, and i can completely understand them. i farmed over 850 hours for this fucking drake, over the course of 6-7 years, but now im officially done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    u have NO idea. due to changes in wow , the main addon that allowed camping rares, npcscan, doesnt work anymore. It scanned cacha, and would alert if u rare spawnd nearbie. so u left your pc on, went to bed / movie /whatever, and u would be woken up by npcscan alert. It was on ONE realm, with no concurrency from some freaking russians or french or italian stupid bricks, that could easily invade your little realm. U had ONE zone , one instance of the zone, so you are sure, it it spawns, if you are there, you get it. That was rarecamping in wow.

NPC scan still works

k, bye.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    There is nothing wrong with CRZ, people just want things to themselves, when they want it, with no competition. Which is against everything this type of game stands for. It is a MULTIPLAYER game, not a single player.

Just because you don't like to share with others, doesn't make it a bad feature.
    Very much this.
    If the population were higher due to higher numbers of players they would equally complain about it.
    Players say there should be more players out if cities, out of garrisons, out in the world.
    Until they are competition.
    It can't be on your terms, only when it is convenient for you.
    You can't have it both ways.

NPC scan still works
    The automation part only works if the rare has a vignette.
    That is something that blizzard have to add specifically.
    You see it on newer rares, but not older ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The automation part only works if the rare has a vignette.
    That is something that blizzard have to add specifically.
    You see it on newer rares, but not older ones.
    Seems to work off of nameplates too.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/npcscan
    Nameplates

If you have nameplates turned on, NPCScan now has the ability to trigger alerts off them. This method is not completely reliable as it has to rely on name comparison, so if mob name that NPCScan has does not match it will not trigger an alert. Also the range is limited as you need to get close enough to a mob to have the game display its name plate.

My last understanding of CRA was it's pretty much region wide now.
    nope he is safe is just brs realms wide you can only see other br guys unless the other brs invite other realm guys
    Last edited by thebigman154; 2016-08-16 at 03:33 AM.
    Bitch Pls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by womlot02 View Post
    I have been playing on a low pop server for over 2 years now. And while finding groups or raiding guilds wasnt as easy as it is on a high population realm, one of the perks was that if I wanted to get a rare pet or something in an old zone, I could go there and get it uncontested. But not anymore. Now being on a low population server has no perks at all thanks to CRZ. For the last week I have been trying to get into pet battling and every single zone I go to there is at least 3 people camping for the same pet I am trying to get. CRZ assures that no matter what zone you go to or what you're trying to collect, you will always have competition because the only reason people would visit that particular area is for what you are looking for.

I have spent nearly all day trying to get the pet from the Imperial Python on timeless isle. And I have had 5 pythons taken right from under my nose. I ran around for hours and hours killing regular Pythons to try to get an imperial one to spawn, and when it did, some person who literally just landed on the island would kill it just passing by. And I never saw a single person from my server anywhere.

This is absolutely absurd and I am finished.
    I was raiding on low pop server (which was high pop server but then all top guilds rerolled to a new one to get gates of bug bullshit event), and having entitled people in your raid who know for a fact that you literally can't replace them (because server is low pop, and you can't afford to gear up yet another healer), so you have to tolerate bullshit like people being a hour late for a raid time. Yeah, CRZ are great. Also, rare pets are rare because it's hard to get them, competition is part of "hardness", i don't really understand your complaints, you are upset that you can't get rare things for no effort?

Also, CRZ is double edged sword in this regard, you say that it adds more competition, which is true, but i say that it adds more chances to find a rare spawn, because of hopping, and it's true too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    There is nothing wrong with CRZ, people just want things to themselves, when they want it, with no competition. Which is against everything this type of game stands for. It is a MULTIPLAYER game, not a single player.

Just because you don't like to share with others, doesn't make it a bad feature.
    Get your head out of your ass. CRZ is a problem, it's a bandage fix for low population realms to present an illusion that the world's alive. I remember from Vanilla to Wrath, my realm populated itself we didn't need CRZ, most realms didn't. Blizzard allowed the realms to decline and did absolutely nothing to fix dead realms, CRZ isn't a solution, fixing our damn realms and scrapping that shite is.

What good is seeing players from other realms if we can't trade or join guilds without realm transfers?

Or you could be an entrepreneur and buy up everything/farm everything during the expansion and then when it goes CRZ sell it at a stupid high mark up because its suddenly A LOT harder to camp. Looking at you garn nighthowl, Highmaul rares, and dark portal rares

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: I am done with this game because of CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    What the hell is CRZ?
    You've already been provided an answer, but here is an article that goes into more detail if you're curious. Interestingly, servers aren't technically CRZ'd anymore. A shame, really - CRZ is a better specific term than the "shard" tech (CRZ 2.0, essentially) that Blizzard has built upon it.

Getting back on topic:

I feel for the OP. Low population realms have little to offer to their community. The Pre-made Group tool has really helped in that regard, but it doesn't feel the same. An analogy, if I may.

I used to work for Safeway. I predominantly worked at one location, but sometimes covered shifts at other locations as needful. Although we all were Safeway employees, it was always nice to go back to the people I truly knew.

Low pop realms do not particularly enjoy that experience; and isn't the maxiom, "WoW is the community"? I am a-okay with those realms taking advantage of whatever silver linings they may find. One of my biggest gripes about CRZ hasn't been "oh no, increased competition," it has been "oh no, increased competition from players who are not from my realm and whom I cannot interact with in any meaningful way." You can't /who them, you cannot trade with them (excluding conjured items), teaming up with them is nigh pointless...

I do agree with Charge me Doctor, in that players can use the pre-made tool to hop realms in search of a rare. That does not apply to all situations, but it is a fair point.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

I... don't disagree, really. CRZ brings the problems of a high-pop server to realms that are already at a disadvantage due to their low populations without offering any of the benefits, and the illusion of being populated just hurts realm identity.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Bye Felicia
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

If there were no CRZ, your little low pop realm would just have its rare spawns camped by DKs and now DHs. Pick your poison.