Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    she even says the line in the pv!
    strike the blood 2 infos
    Clearly the best news of today, maybe even this week.

Also, Orange aka the fucking feels trip. It's kind of over-dramatized but I'm buying it like a chump. Do love.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Yeah I know. But I also know that protecting IP is not always the smartest business choice, and it's been known to destroy companies in the past, while being a bit more lax has allowed other companies to flourish. One reason Nintendo hasn't done so well in recent years is their draconian IP regulations.
    More like just the Wii U being lackluster in general.

Their IP regulations haven't really changed yet they've been successful overall.

Also I finished Gurren Lagann.

Good animes. Now to disappear into the distance for several days or something.

watch the last half of the 2nd ttgl movie

10+ Year Old Account
    watch the last half of the 2nd ttgl movie
    Looks away with guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Looks away with guilt.
    have you even watched the 3rd madoka movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    have you even watched the 3rd madoka movie?
    no .

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

ARENA 01: Inaba Himeko [Abstained] Katō Megumi
    ARENA 02: [Momo Belia Deviluke] Hoto Kokoa
    ARENA 03: Shana [Abstained] Kashiwazaki Sena
    ARENA 04: [C.C.] Shimakaze
    ARENA 05: [Tōsaka Rin] Himeragi Yukina
    ARENA 06: Yazawa Nico [Abstained] Shiodome Miuna
    ARENA 07: [Kagura] Kafū Chino
    ARENA 08: [Yatogami Tōka] Ayase Eli
    ARENA 09: [Kamijō Tōma] Producer (Cinderella Girls)
    ARENA 10: [Joseph Joestar] Kazehaya Kamito
    ARENA 11: Otosaka Yū [Abstained] Tōyama Kinji
    ARENA 12: Hyakuya Mikaela [Abstained] Hinata Shōyō
    ARENA 13: Kyon [Uchiha Itachi]
    ARENA 14: [Totsuka Saika] Ciel Phantomhive
    ARENA 15: Kurogane Ikki [Abstained] Oikawa Tōru
    ARENA 16: Eren Yeager [Yagami Light]
    ARENA 17: Emilia Hermit [Abstained] Hanakoizumi Anne
    ARENA 18: Segawa Akane [Abstained] Masaki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    This is true and not true at the same time. Allowing people to do Let's Play videos helps promote games. Yet Nintendo goes after people all the time for it. If you allow people to use your IP and make a game with it. Then the line has to be drawn there.
    It really depends, new methods of marketing and customer interaction may remove how companies view IP rights entirely. Lots of new concepts really, but many companies are going towards more open source, customer friendly ways of doing business, kind of a back and forth between companies and customers, rather than the age-old method of companies selling customers stuff and that being it.

One that resonates more with us would be how Blizzard handled DoTA. Of course it wasn't handled the best way, but it was much better than them going the Nintendo route and shutting it down entirely. Because they allowed the community to grow and helped foster it, Mobas in their entirety were created, and Blizzard is now making quite the profit off of HotS.

Tesla also has a similar approach. They released every patent they had, and worked with that to hold a (temporary) market domination that will probably last a good few years, and are also looking at a long term revenue potential, rather than trying to make a quick buck, which is generally the case when companies go after IP infringers like Nintendo does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Their IP regulations haven't really changed yet they've been successful overall.
    Nintendo's success almost entirely stems from their creativity in the 80s and 90s. They've been riding off of that, selling nostalgia to people, something people love. The reason they don't even match companies like Microsoft and Sony is their unwillingness to open up and branch out. Many of their consoles have been complete failures, and they survive on selling the next Pokemon or next Mario. They were lucky enough to build such a fanbase early on that has held onto their every release, or they probably wouldn't be around today.

no .

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CZGIr4M.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B3W5Q9Z.gif[MG]

btw did they increase the shaft head tilts in the movies a lot? seemed like more than in the series. Hadn't watched the series in sometime though

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/76a31f9a1548133184a3a8dedd81389e/tumblr_n5zxkiT49G1tx6lb9o1_500.gif[IMG]

Alderamin 6

While I haven't entertained a particularly high opinion of this series I have still enjoyed it for the most part. However, this episode changed that a bit. I think the beginning is what set me in a negative frame of mind, with Ikta making the most gross passes at Haru. It isn't that he hasn't been making these types of comments before, but they have been mostly controlled to an extent. This episode we're first treated to a, "I want you in my bed" followed later by publicly describing how her shirt sticks to her breasts when sweaty.

I don't think I would be as irritated if Haru did something...anything...about this. But all she does is faintly blush, politely smile, and otherwise just put up with it. We truthfully haven't seen much of her character, as she is mostly in the background and was in the medic unit separate from the rest. What she did say/do was fairly vapid, but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt. However, after this I can only conclude that she is written as nothing other than a large-breasted bimbo who tolerates continual sexual harassment.

--------------------------

Okay, rant aside I have to admit this is giving me some really eerie vibes of things I've been reading/watching. As I mentioned previously I've been catching up on "The Great War." In addition I've been reading Robert Massie's Nicholas and Alexandra. I had previously read both of his books on Peter and Catherine, and given my current line of research it seemed fitting considering it is the same time period.

Even for people who aren't overly fond of history, I would recommend this book; it is written in such a compelling, novel-like fashion that you can't help but be sucked in. At the same time, it is such a painful tragedy because you know what is coming at the end of the book and Massie has done such an expert job of giving you insight into the people that you care about them. It's like the comment on the back cover says: it is a story so overawing, so convoluted, and so apocalyptic that no novelist would ever conceive of it.

Anyway, Alderamin is just reminding me of this pre-WW1 attitude that I have been steeped in by the video series and book. Nationalistic statements, revering the autocrat, nobility in the military, and the talk of glory just to name a few. All it's missing is invoking God. Obviously the series itself isn't trying to do anything deep, but it is a queer experience to repeatedly have the emotions I've been experiencing called up by such a shallow source. Playing at war in a series is fine, but I can't help but be reminded of a passage in Nicholas and Alexandra where Russia has entered the war and all the officers are excitedly preparing for battle. One of the generals in Kiev, upon seeing a tall infantryman looking downcast asks him what is his concern. He simply replies, "They say it is a wide road that leads to war and only a narrow path that leads home again."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Cool, how was that?
    It was good. The Museum of the Rockies was excellent; spent a good six and a half hours there with my dad. Yellowstone was overrun by tourists though. While it is a beautiful area, there's nothing like going out in nature...with 10,000 other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Alderamin 6
    So if I remember correctly from when I read the manga a few years ago, I think that she had a crush on him in it so she didn't mind him doing stupid shit. On the other hand I could be completely wrong due to it being a few years ago when I read it.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iWMxgv7.png[MG]
    bruh stop being such a baddie

10+ Year Old Account
    bruh stop being such a baddie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    meh can't get to 8 characters. only 4.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8rtNHrb.png?1/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]https://67.media.tumblr.com/9d33d6d47e7f89b2aaa51027d056d2c3/tumblr_n39socGy5R1r74128o1_500.gif[IMG]