Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Keg Toss (or whatever it was called) allowed us to avoid that. I'd like to see it return, even on a mini cooldowns (1.5 / 2.5 Seconds). Just something to let us gain some level of control at a reasonable distance.
    Aren't we getting Exploding Keg with our Artifact? 1.25 min cooldown with 40 yard range. Same range as Dizzying Haze.

i never used dizzing haze since garrosh.
    it was fun to spam while waiting for the pull, but i loved dave to much and stuns where never an issue.
    sure we now have to make a choice between dave and stun. but if add pickup is realy a metter then we have KS with long range (DONT forget artifact traits!) BoF, RJW and if you dont have the boss, Roll or transcendence is huge. and dave over stun if it helps to pick up more, why not?

and if everything fails, those damn hunters in your raid should use their barrage+missdirection to help instead of pulling the whole trash with it on the way to the next boss as they normally do

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Btw anyone else feel like skipping all the BRM golden traits and maxing everything else first?
    That's pretty much the accepted route. A lot of big names are still focused on the rush to golden traits but for BrM that's the wrong idea. There's actually an image of the optimal path. Here's BrewingScribes generally accepted route.

Of particular note is just how bad DragonFire Brew is. The DPS gained is literally one of our worst. Below the Tiger Palm dot. Complete waste of an artifact point. This path is not the rush to Obstinate Determination that a lot of people are going for, but instead gives the most efficient route to "effective tanking" earliest in your post 110 lifecycle. BrM self sustain tends to just feel bad before you get Obstinate Determination, but we're really fine without it for leveling, so getting it around point #13 which is right around when you hit 110 is not a huge deal. With a bit of theorycrafting and planning, I've come to recognize the strengths of BrM and am excited to play it, despite the community's general negativity towards the spec, sure it's not OP, and it requires a bit more thought to achieve the same results, but damn if it isn't fun and satisfying.

My issue is that I feel very squshy for one, two managing brews, not exactly a thrilling prospect for an rpg. "Hey managing my brews was really fun last night"
    Mobility feels lower, Very weak self sustain. Thinking back to the MoP cinematic I don't recall Chen calculating his brew stacks and managing his stagger. I think we've lost the point of the game, it's become World of Bean counting.

Just sad over all because I loved the idea of the Brewmaster since Warcraft 3 but this micromanagement style of play really is killing the fantasy concept for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmoplayer111 View Post
    My issue is that I feel very squshy for one, two managing brews, not exactly a thrilling prospect for an rpg. "Hey managing my brews was really fun last night"
    Mobility feels lower, Very weak self sustain. Thinking back to the MoP cinematic I don't recall Chen calculating his brew stacks and managing his stagger. I think we've lost the point of the game, it's become World of Bean counting.

Just sad over all because I loved the idea of the Brewmaster since Warcraft 3 but this micromanagement style of play really is killing the fantasy concept for me.
    WoW has always been about resource management. Like, literally always...

7+ Year Old Account
    SD now has ability to crit now thanks to the new update.

Most tanks specs got a slight change, DK got bone shield DR to 16%, warrior's Never Surrender now increases Ignore Pain absorption by up to 75% (was 100%).
    DH, Druid and pally seems to have been given small buffs.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...ixes-august-16

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Red Thirst change might compensate a bit for BDK.

But indeed very nice that SD has correct critical hit chance. (It did crit before but <3% chance at least)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    so damage wise SD seems to be the best ability by far now, only case for RJW is for the control it gives you (especially for picking up adds)

Inflated a good bit by trinket and tier. Enjoy it for now. Suspect there'll be more parity at 110 though.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veladril View Post
    That's pretty much the accepted route. A lot of big names are still focused on the rush to golden traits but for BrM that's the wrong idea. There's actually an image of the optimal path. Here's BrewingScribes generally accepted route.
    If you do struggle while leveling because of low gear or because you are still new at brew you can always go for obstinate determination instantly and just reskill your artefact on 110 (you loose about 400 power but that is not really that much once you unlock world quests).
    The optimal route is obviously still to go around gifted student but this works too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Inflated a good bit by trinket and tier. Enjoy it for now. Suspect there'll be more parity at 110 though.
    i was doing more damage ST at 110 with SD before the hotfix already, even though it was rather small

7+ Year Old Account
    Our secret is out now that Brewmaster is the funniest Tank spec according to Preach. I won't lie I was surprised by this was expecting him to rate us quite low. I m curious to see how many people take his advice and follow ship.
    He did his list of terms of most fun tank classes but I know a lot of people seem to take his word like law for some reason. So lets see if the general consensus changes now.

I might be acting like a spoiled child but I really want some more interesting golden artifact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by 999DaZa View Post
    Our secret is out now that Brewmaster is the funniest Tank spec according to Preach.
    Considering how mindless some of the other tank specs are, I'm not that surprised.

My crit rates on SD is pretty low (approx 10%). I'm currently sitting at 37% crit. Blame bad RNG?

Is Brewmasters supposed to be super squishy now? Afraid to even think of maining it in legion when my healers are crying at how horrible it is.

Deleted
    could anybody direct me to a good guide for brewmasters please?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenrais View Post
    Is Brewmasters supposed to be super squishy now? Afraid to even think of maining it in legion when my healers are crying at how horrible it is.
    Maybe theyre getting bad luck with poor players. BrM is fine at 110. Seen them all the way up thru Mythic 11+ dungeons surviving... Played right they can be one the easiest to heal actually

take time to learn the class some have mentioned sunniers Art of war is a good place to learn

7+ Year Old Account
    i did just notice when i get orbs with expel harm it gives me some brew seconds per orb

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i did just notice when i get orbs with expel harm it gives me some brew seconds per orb
    That's one of the tier bonuses iirc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Maybe theyre getting bad luck with poor players. BrM is fine at 110. Seen them all the way up thru Mythic 11+ dungeons surviving... Played right they can be one the easiest to heal actually

take time to learn the class some have mentioned sunniers Art of war is a good place to learn

Oh really? I assume all the good stuff comes from the weapon and it's just like that in pre patch? Or is it great now too?

7+ Year Old Account
    hah the shame