Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Seems like a bad idea, since that level of gear invalidates quest rewards, diluting the leveling experience. People constantly complain that leveling is a hindrance to the real game, this is why.

Once upon a time, I would level a non raiding alt and get meaningful rewards for doing quests. Not anymore.
    I fail to see how this one time event, is going to "invalidate quest rewards." What? That green quest reward isn't going to be an upgrade? Oh big deal. By 110 that's when the quest rewards matter anyhow. The more gear I get to break, and pass off to the enchanter in my guild for materials, the better.

It's this, or sit in battlegrounds, or trashran. I much prefer this for gearing alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont even understand why there is titanforged or warfroged in the first place.

It makes no sense.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I dont even understand why there is titanforged or warfroged in the first place.
    It keeps people playing. They replay content in the hope that something special will drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    I fail to see how this one time event, is going to "invalidate quest rewards." What? That green quest reward isn't going to be an upgrade? Oh big deal. By 110 that's when the quest rewards matter anyhow. The more gear I get to break, and pass off to the enchanter in my guild for materials, the better.

It's this, or sit in battlegrounds, or trashran. I much prefer this for gearing alts.
    Of course you don't see it. Like most players, you see leveling as something that has to be overcome to get to end game instead being content in and of itself.

That's not a dig at you, just an observation of Blizzard having mixed priorities when it comes to leveling and end game.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Adding another layer of RNG bullshit to content that's already live doesn't actually make it new content.
    indeed but they probably didnt anticipate people would go full hardcore farm on week 1 of invasions - a lot of people already finished obtaining all 700 itlv on mutliple alts and had nothing more to gain from invasions

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with this. It's not going to make a big difference to your levelling speed to farm 710 on your alts instead of 700. If you don't wanna do it or got better things to do in your life, then you won't miss much by not farming more.

But if you're someone who has a lot of time to play WoW and are already done with Invasions, this gives you a chance at a little something extra to gain from it if you feel like hitting up some more of them in the remaining 2 weeks.

How this can be a bad thing I just don't know. The community is obsessed with min/maxing to the point where if you -can- get something it means you -MUST- have it or you're a dirty filthy casual scrublord, even if you don't plan on using that gear for anything but afking in Orgrimmar because you "don't have time to raid."

It's a bonus thing to look forward to if you wanna do some more demon-murdering. If you don't, you're not missing out on much, so don't do it. Who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    indeed but they probably didnt anticipate people would go full hardcore farm on week 1 of invasions - a lot of people already finished obtaining all 700 itlv on mutliple alts and had nothing more to gain from invasions
    If they haven't learnt how autistic the general WoW fanbase is in the last 10+ years, there is something very wrong going on at Blizzard HQ.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    They want people with gearing helping offset the AFKers that are leveling alts.
    haha yes thats true

but! I afk as well and i would love to participate as low lvl since it all scales nicely to my lvl, the problem is im on PvP server so unless its westfall/dun morogh I can pretty much just hover in the air afk. Its not fun losing exp potion and getting one shot from every horde that farts towards my direction.

I like that world PvP aspect on my lvl 100 toons, blizzard just (again) did not think this throught. Atleast they could disable PvP for characters below 100, I would play the hell out of these invasions on my low lvl characters since exp from mobs is cool as well...

Why are people talking about this like it's something you have to do? It's not even remotely necessary and all that stuff will be replaced early in the grind to 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! That druid of mine in his 60s keeps trying to take out the trash!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the post say only "warforged"(+10 ilvls). Nowhere is mentioned "titanforged". And you can't upgrade the gear, except the weapons.

Also I'm wondering what is wrong with people whining about that and the XP boost. I do not really want to bother go throw all those damn quests for 10th time. If there is an option to let me skip them and level and fast enough pace I will gladly use it over doing Outland, Northren and Pandaria quests. Not that i hate it, but i just can force myself to do it for 10th time.
    And the gear? Why is that also a problem 3 weeks away from the new expansion. What do you think will be more easy - play 15 BGs, where you might not win them all, to get the Marks or afk 5-6 invasions and get almost full set of 700 ilvl gear with HC level weapon? I think 2nd option is way more easy than first.
    The invasion gear will help your undergeared toons greatly. When you are done questing in WoD your toon end up in 605 ilvl range. Does people realize how big will be the difference between leveling in 605 ilvl and 705 ilvl in the first 2 levels in Legion? Sheesh... People nowdays will whine for everything, even for shit that is given to them in silver plateau...

The charts I've seen say that the quest rewards for level 101 will be pushing against the iLvl I'm currently equipping (695 rewards, plus the RNG for possible boosts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Wartforged? Do not want.
    BY PUSTULES BE PURGED!

I have 2 characters that I play that can benefit from this change. I'm not going to grind this tiny extra ilvl this close to Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the post say only "warforged"(+10 ilvls). Nowhere is mentioned "titanforged". And you can't upgrade the gear, except the weapons.
    Titanforged and warforged are the same thing. An item has a chance to roll +item level, if it succeeds, it rolls again for a 2nd item lvl upgrade, then rolls again and again until it fails or reaches the global item lvl cap. When it rolls successfully the item is warforged, but if it rolls successfully multiple times then it's labeled titanforged. It's really just the same thing but titanforged is an item rolled with more item lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    Titanforged and warforged are the same thing. An item has a chance to roll +item level, if it succeeds, it rolls again for a 2nd item lvl upgrade, then rolls again and again until it fails or reaches the global item lvl cap. When it rolls successfully the item is warforged, but if it rolls successfully multiple times then it's labeled titanforged. It's really just the same thing but titanforged is an item rolled with more item lvl.
    The fact that they have explicitly said Warforged would imply it limits itself to the Warforging cap and will not Titanforge. From what people have seen, it only goes up to 720 (unless someone here has seen higher).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

It makes no sense.
    At this point its just a naming difference. To make the item more "awesome". But its really bad that you cant finish BiS anymore, I definitly played more during SoO than I did in HFC.

+5 to +15 warforged
    +20 and higher titanforged

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It isn't particularly exciting farming for a chance at random gear that has a chance to randomly be warforged. Also I really hope this doesn't apply to weapons. I farmed the shit out of those events to get two 725 weapons and I'd be pissed if I have to farm another HUGE chunk of fel just to because they decided not to inform us that they were going to do this.
    A weapon you'll use for for less than 2 weeks. I fail to see the need to grind any weapons now because in 2 weeks we get our artifacts. Hell even gear is near pointless to farm seeing as we will be getting fresh new higher ilvl gear just questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    A weapon you'll use for for less than 2 weeks. I fail to see the need to grind any weapons now because in 2 weeks we get our artifacts. Hell even gear is near pointless to farm seeing as we will be getting fresh new higher ilvl gear just questing.
    It just makes questing easier, specifically the artifact quest. Yes, it does scale for item level, but if your weapons are higher level than your average item level you will do more damage than if your weapons were average item level.

Agreed it's not necessary, but more than anything, it's something to do for two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coro View Post
    It just makes questing easier, specifically the artifact quest. Yes, it does scale for item level, but if your weapons are higher level than your average item level you will do more damage than if your weapons were average item level.

Agreed it's not necessary, but more than anything, it's something to do for two weeks.
    Maybe it's just me but the way people are acting like it's mandatory is pretty silly. In 2 weeks we will all be getting fresh better gear, weapons specifically are getting replaced on day one of the expansion.

Don't kill yourself trying to get WF everything, just consider it a happy bonus because it'll be replaced in 2 weeks.

Participation is really low.

Blizz is desperate.

Don't worry Legion will show them that players have rejected their vision of the game. Not even the carrot of warforged and titanforged gear will lure players back to the game.