Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    It's not as bad as you think because Blizz said it's why they gave them more of the base stats for now.
    It is as bad. I have full ilv710 gear with 725 weapons on DH. At best you'll push 70-80k during burst. My shaman with ring is pushing out 100-120k in comparable gear. My 730 monk with 795 ring is easily doing 160-180k DPS.

Don't even try to say that things are comparable when a class is missing a broken OP legendary ring that essentially gives you a huge damage cooldown.

Now, does that mean that people should turn you down for mythic dungeons? No, that's retarded, mythic dungeons were made for 685 ilv gear.

But in heroic/mythic raids it does matter how much you contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey demon hunters,

I strictly pug and I'm trying to gear my druid. It feels like 80% of groups don't want DHs. Same goes for mythic dungeons. Any DHs having success getting into pugs? I also feel this will get worse in legion.
    So far I have been "declined" every single time. My DH can't get invited to anything....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    So far I have been "declined" every single time. My DH can't get invited to anything....lol
    Go vengeance. Start your own group as a tank. Stop trying to play as DPS in one of the most oversaturated classes.

That's like a hunter complaining he got declined all the time. Yeah, it happens when you're the population of China and India combined.

Deleted
    I PuG'ed all of HFC Hc so far as a tank, but I was already above 700 through lucky drops and I still had to beat raid-leaders around the head with the Cutting Edge achievement before they'd consider it.
    I can understand people's reluctance though. Even in the hands of skilled players Demon Hunters do sub-par damage on ST right now, and then you have to consider that ~99% of the people can't play the class. The same people who pulled 20k in LFR with their fully 710 PvP gear and legendary ring are now the ones playing DH, so you'll have to bring a lot to the table before raid leaders will consider you.

It's even worse as a tank, since many have started trying to sneak ahead of the DPS-queue. This is made even worse by Vengeance's heavy reliance on proper AM usage and self-sustain. The playstyle is similar to MoP/early-WoD monks, where a bad tank would be no better than a DPS spec trying to tank. On top of that you have the base-line number of people who simply can't tank, the PvP alts you see in LFR/dungeons who constantly mess up positioning, can't do damage to save their lives, have no proper cooldown usage etc.

Guildies and I made our own group and any DH under 710 was instantly declined for heroic. While normally 710 is more than enough for heroic HFC, the lack of gear simple showed that they didn't really invest any time into gearing or didn't care, so why should we boost them through heroic? Sure this isn't a guaranteed method and maybe some really good ones with lower ilvl were left out, but it's too risky with absolutely EVERYONE rolling a DH.

We've had 680 sign up for heroic and then complain when they were instantly declined. And under the few DHs we've let in there were HUGE skill difference. The class is rather easy to play right now with so little talents and already there's some gigantic performance differences.

So yeah, sorry if you have a hard time, invest some time into your char, gear up a little and you should have it easier. It's rather easy to get a lot of 710 gear from pvp. But if that's not your thing, Invasions. Very easy ilvl 700 gear and 725 weapons, there's no excuse for being 680 when you WANT to join heroic raids, unless you have someone boosting you or you make your own group.

Seradai with invasion gear you cant get 710 ilvl and you talk different things, first you say you dont accept people below 710 ilvl, then sugest them to do invasions where they cant get that ilvl and then you talk about 680 dudes. No offence but Im confused with your statements.

Anyway I wanted to do mythic dungeons for the trinket (was 696 ilvl). Tried join alot of pugs in LFG but was always declined (even when they were saying ilvl 680+). Then I put my own group for mythic, did not required high ilvl, got the group in 2 minutes ready with people 680-700 ilvl and cleared dungeon fast and easy.
    Was also lucky and got my trinket from the first mythic. Very good run for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It is as bad. I have full ilv710 gear with 725 weapons on DH. At best you'll push 70-80k during burst. My shaman with ring is pushing out 100-120k in comparable gear. My 730 monk with 795 ring is easily doing 160-180k DPS.

Don't even try to say that things are comparable when a class is missing a broken OP legendary ring that essentially gives you a huge damage cooldown.

Now, does that mean that people should turn you down for mythic dungeons? No, that's retarded, mythic dungeons were made for 685 ilv gear.

But in heroic/mythic raids it does matter how much you contribute.
    they were tuned M dungeons for 660ilvl not 685 which is waht they drop.

we wont even let DH's into my guild for good reason, their not 110 they have no talents, the tanking is shit right now and their damage is sub par

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I managed to do all mythic dungeons and join a full hfc upper raid that cleared all bosses apart from iskar, wasn't the cleanest run but can't expect much when you're 712 ilvl. It is tough though, but understandably, although some people over exaggerate the whole "DH are terrible" stigma.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2016-08-14 at 09:49 PM.

Nope its been shitty and I made a thread about it the other day.

Decided to go tank and try to put groups together. Was able to get one heroic done the other day. I did warn the healer they would have to heal me more then they would other tanks.

I died a few times but no wipes. So overall the run went smooth. Kinda just building up my glaves ilvl and waiting for legion now.

I got my BoA tricket (got all of them now) so screw it, just waiting for legion to hit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-14 at 09:51 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by necklickhia View Post
    Does anyone else think this sounds stupid?
    Get some gear and then we will eventually group with you...

And how will the DHs get some gear AND experience if everyone would think that way?
    Pvp gear exists. the randoms in pvp queues have no chose but to deal with your class. It's also 710. Invasions exist and are the same. Or, maybe they shouldn't reroll blindly and hope a community of strangers will support them? The community doesn't exist to serve the player, I rerolled DH and have absolutely no issues getting into groups--because my guild knew literally 8 months in advance I was rerolling, and we were prepared for this moment.

I make full DH groups on purpose just to balance it out a bit. It has yet to fail for me. People who don't take DHs are the real baddies here. Vengeance has strong self healing and Havoc does well both single target and aoe wise at ilvl 700 ish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    we wont even let DH's into my guild for good reason, their not 110 they have no talents, the tanking is shit right now and their damage is sub par
    Damage is not sub par. it's damage is actually quite competitive at like ilvl 700 without ring. Not MM hunter lvls but decent. For raids it's obviously lacking ring so considering HFC bosses drop like flies they won't do much burst. Pretty much all the raids are jokes atm so my guild takes 3-4 DHs along just to gear them up.

was beating warriors, rogues and hunters of similar ilevel (around 710) in mythic dungeons, on my DH, not just beating them but smashing them by 20 or dps. it changed the person who set up the group opinion of DH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Decided to go tank and try to put groups together. Was able to get one heroic done the other day. I did warn the healer they would have to heal me more then they would other tanks.
    How are people having such a hard time with Vengeance tanking? I'm finding them to be extremely powerful, to the point I've ended up having to solo some Mythic bosses for the last 30%, and this was at 700 ilvl.

But no, I didn't even try to join pugs, I just decided to make my own. I accept up to 2 Havoc DPS, but man is it hit or miss whether you'll get a decent one.

Having a great time, and surprisingly easy time getting into groups. Though from personal experience, the higher the ilvl of the toon the harder it is to get into a mythic dungeon.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Yeah after tanking all of the mythic 5mans this week, my healer guild mate has said that he's found my DH easier to heal than my DK. Though I spent a lot of time in beta playing Vengeance to get it down pat (Not that it's hard).
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Gengar View Post
    Yeah after tanking all of the mythic 5mans this week, my healer guild mate has said that he's found my DH easier to heal than my DK. Though I spent a lot of time in beta playing Vengeance to get it down pat (Not that it's hard).
    And this is the problem with Vengeance as I see it. The self healing is very nice for trivial content like mythic dungeons, but it comes at the cost of being squishy when doing hard content. Mythic HFC bosses just about 2-shot me with Demon Spikes up at ilvl 710. I would gladly trade some self healing in for a bit more raw survivability. People are saying it gets better at 110 but I have my doubts. None of our talents make us bulkier, and everyone gets similar artifact traits.
    On topic, it's been dire. I shouldn't really be declined for a mythic dungeon as a tank when I outgear that content by ~50 ilvl.

Pretty much hard.

I'm doing LFD as Vengeance to get used to the gameplay, then i will go LFR. Then i will try to do some Normal raids as Tank.

i really, really like Vengeance. But i'm not confident enough to tank with it yet. even more because i'm coming back from a 3year+ break from WoW. Last time i played Tank it was in Cataclysm. And tanking has changed so much since Cataclysm, much more active mitigation and apparently i don't have to care about threat and aggro.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!