Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I don't think EA is worried about CoD at this point, BF1 created a lot more hype than Infinite Warfare. Also, Infinite Warfare seems to have split the community, some people hating the 'futuristic space' thing they've got going on while some love the new direction.
    As someone who doesn't play FPS games often I'll have to take your word for it, but for what my opinion is worth I thought the BF1 trailer looked better than the Infinite Warfare one.

Why would I play the open beta for a game with the most stupid ass DLC ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the best way to make sure no one who plays wow will be interested in BF1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    ehhh.

After how absolutely awful BF4 was for over a year, and after the flop that was hardline, I'll wait awhile on BF1.
    ehhh.

After how absolutely awful WoD was for over a year, and after the flop that was WoD, I'll wait awhile on Legion.

Blizzard does it to everyone else, so why not have it done to them?

I don't think the two demographics are THAT overlapping in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Well, I'll see you all on the battlefield then cause I preordered that game and still am not planning on buying Legion.

Deleted
    good, few less people at launch, the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    if it's like the battlefront beta it won't be anything special. The battlefront beta seemed like a fucking demo than a real beta.
    yeah yeah yeah, and millions will play it anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    So it turns out that this is happening.

EA has decided to launch BF1's open beta period on Legion's launch date, August 31st. It's cool and all but this seems to be a direct shot across the bow at World of Warcraft. Albeit WoW has done this to other titles for a long time now. I highly doubt the date was a coincidence, but it remains to be seen if people will want to play the queue simulator and disconnect game, or go play Battlefield's open beta.
    Ugh, seen others talk about this. I highly doubt people can be bothered to hold back their own creation, or speed it up, just to launch it at the same time as someone else. Even so, Legion launches on the 30th.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd be willing to bet that the player overlap between the two is minimal at best.

Deleted
    Assassins Creed Unity launched the same day as WoD. It was something to do during 6 hour queues...

Deleted
    I highly doubt the game will be playable on launch anyways. I have been having a lot of latency issues lately even though it is just pre-patch. Don't even want to know what playing WoW feels like the day Legion launches. WoD was a mess.

Deleted
    BF1? You mean that shit of FPS game made by the same dudes who made Battlefront? Yeah, just another way overhyped game.

Amazing news. The problem with launch day is that too many want play at the same time. If only a tiny part will choose B1 over WoW, rest of us will have better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    BF1? You mean that shit of FPS game made by the same dudes who made Battlefront? Yeah, just another way overhyped game.
    Legion? You mean that shit of MMO game made by the same dudes who made Warlords of Draenor? Yeah, just another way overhyped game. /s

That's why we have beta. Don't judge game before you test it.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2016-08-16 at 07:54 AM.

This will probably be the most devastating blow to WoW since Undertale.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-16 at 08:32 AM.

Well Blizzard are not innocent of this kind of thing either, in fact possibly worse. They ran an Overwatch open beta at the launch of Battleborn.
    Seems worse when is the same type of game :P
    Though not that this alone was the reason Battleborn tanked ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    So it turns out that this is happening.

EA has decided to launch BF1's open beta period on Legion's launch date, August 31st. It's cool and all but this seems to be a direct shot across the bow at World of Warcraft. Albeit WoW has done this to other titles for a long time now. I highly doubt the date was a coincidence, but it remains to be seen if people will want to play the queue simulator and disconnect game, or go play Battlefield's open beta.
    But they are two different types of games.... How can they not co-excist? My biggest problem is that Deus Ex comes out just before Legion and in the last game, I lost a month in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Doesn't matter, who cares about BF1? WoW will always be the number one.
    Isn't Battlefield way more popular than WoW these days?

Deleted
    Yeah that could easily be the end of the World of Warcraft as we know it. Tough to choose between a beta for a game that is basically a skin update for BF4 and the release of the new WoW expansion which you pre ordered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People actively look for games sharing a release date in a year with a finite number of days.
    Why must that always mean intended competition.
    They aren't even remotely close to being the same genre.

One costs money, the other does not.
    An Open Beta therefore will not stop people spending their money elsewhere.

Still. When you see shit like this: i... i just don't know anymore mang.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-08-16 at 12:08 PM.