Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Cut content from Legion

So, we all know how big of an disapointment WoD was. It started with cutting content, or altering it. For example:

- Karabor
    - Shattrath raid
    - moveable Garrisons
    - race specific Garrisons

However, how is Legion looking in that perspective? Has there been any content cut/altered since it was announched at Blizzcon?

Don't spread misinformation. Race Specific Garrisons were never on the table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Don't spread misinformation. Race Specific Garrisons were never on the table.
    and neither was the shattrath raid lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So, we all know how big of an disapointment WoD was. It started with cutting content, or altering it. For example:

- Karabor
    - Shattrath raid
    - moveable Garrisons
    - race specific Garrisons

However, how is Legion looking in that perspective? Has there been any content cut/altered since it was announched at Blizzcon?
    shattrath was theorized to be a raid ,it wasent said to be
    suprised you dident put farahlon here
    moveable garrisons was removed cause i can agree... that was fucking stupid... >_> why would you want to move your whole base? the new outpost system made much more sense
    there was no such thing as race specific garrisons...
    also karabor made sense... the issue with it is having a LARGE INDOOR major city is not a good thing...

for example look at stormwind, its huge, but since its outdoor you can mount... same with dalaran and orgrimmar... and now look at shrine... its small and everything is compact...

now karabor, either it would be large inside, and everything would be spread out, and without mounts since its indoor, it would take forever to get to anything... imagine stormwind but you couldent mount....

or if it was small inside, it would feel lame, karabor is huge, if it was all compacted then well... it would just feel lame...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Some things have obviously changed a bit since the announcement - that's the nature of the development process.

But... In terms of content getting cut - I don't thing anything major was removed so far.
    The only thing that happened is Thal'Dranath isle (which barely had any development done to it) was scrapped, but it is said to be replaced by something supposedly better in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    You were saying?

http://i.imgur.com/Eo8Jzhp.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    for example look at stormwind, its huge, but since its outdoor you can mount... same with dalaran and orgrimmar... and now look at shrine... its small and everything is compact...
    Now look at Undercity. Though I agree, big open cities are better

Deleted
    what exacly does that prove?

I think they mentioned something special about the fact that Warrior Class Hall is the only one with all the races leading into something else, but can't think of anything other than that.

Deleted
    Looks like they never managed to implement the Suramar teleporter system properly. It's just regular mage portals even though they designed a different one (which was in the game but non-working in the alpha). I am very disappointed!

It wasn't promised to be a raid when the game was announced.
    All this link show is that conceptually at some points it was considered to be one. Nothing more.

There's a huge difference between being some kind of alpha idea and content actually announced and cut from the game. Like, the only thing from that map that made it into live is Frostwolf Hold. Do we consider all the rest cut content? No? No.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Now look at Undercity. Though I agree, big open cities are better
    yeah undervity is annoying to get around, but even it is rather compact compared to what karabor woulda been
    also yeah, karabor and bladespire both woulda been inside, and bladespire woulda had alot of confusing floors since it was super tall...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-16 at 10:16 AM.

I can only think of Thal'dranath but at the time of it being scrapped it basically just a bit of artwork. I'm sure they said something was going to replace what it could've been . Not really scrapped content but reshaped.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post

The Chronal spire also then

7+ Year Old Account
    thats a extreamly early alpha... you might as well complain the dance studio was shown in the garrison but isnt here :P
    the only thing on that map that made it was frostwolf hold... and i guess oshugon, allthough it has nothing special about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Looks like they never managed to implement the Suramar teleporter system properly. It's just regular mage portals even though they designed a different one (which was in the game but non-working in the alpha). I am very disappointed!
    what the fuck are you talking about? they are crystals you activate, and you use them to return to home base, but they are portals cause it just makes it easier to see/tell where they are going...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

The Chronal spire also then
    none of that was ment to be taken 100% serious, they just showed it to show their early alpha ideas... litterally only 1-3 things in that map were even added

also karabor made sense... the issue with it is having a LARGE INDOOR major city is not a good thing...
    Ironforge? Could still have made mounting possible, so I'm rather confident mounting wasn't the issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Ironforge? Could still have made mounting possible, so I'm rather confident mounting wasn't the issue.
    ironforge is HUGE though karabor is rather small inside (lots of small rooms with some large hallways) so no it wouldent be like iron forge... think more of a undercity

7+ Year Old Account
    thats a extreamly early alpha... you might as well complain the dance studio was shown in the garrison but isnt here :P
    the only thing on that map that made it was frostwolf hold... and i guess oshugon, allthough it has nothing special about it...

- - - Updated - - -

what the fuck are you talking about? they are crystals you activate, and you use them to return to home base, but they are portals cause it just makes it easier to see/tell where they are going...

- - - Updated - - -

none of that was ment to be taken 100% serious, they just showed it to show their early alpha ideas... litterally only 1-3 things in that map were even added
    Then anything outside of the features trailer shouldn't be taken serious, meaning Draenor had no cut content and Wrath (dance studio/more dances or whatever) and Cata(Path of titans) did

7+ Year Old Account
    you wanna see what was cut from wrath?
    new dances!, ariel pvp dogfights!