Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ironforge is HUGE though karabor is rather small inside (lots of small rooms with some large hallways) so no it wouldent be like iron forge... think more of a undercity
    you can mount in undercity aswell, not sure whats your point here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Then anything outside of the features trailer shouldn't be taken serious, meaning Draenor had no cut content and Wrath (dance studio/more dances or whatever) and Cata(Path of titans) did
    suprisngly if you only count the feature trailers yes, but you also have to remember what they said "yes this will be added" farahlon, karabor, bladespire, and the ogre empire for example, the stuff shown on a map that they just show for example is nothing to take litterally...

for example remember the giant mushroom whales? or in cata the large weird infernal like elementles, and lava turtles with a huge neck?

wod had alot of cut content that they SAID would be coming, but so have many of the old expacs

heck even vanilla was suppose to have necromancers, demon hunters, outland, and the emerald dream

7+ Year Old Account
    you wanna see what was cut from wrath?
    new dances!, ariel pvp dogfights!

The whole Nerubian zone (was hyped by the devs but never released) and theres something else big I can't remember.

Also while on the topic of cut content: Vanilla cut content
    Emerald Dream(was in files mostly unfinihed), Hellfire peninsula/outland(mostly finished, different than the TBC one), Dragon Isles.... the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    you can mount in undercity aswell, not sure whats your point here...
    and even then no one likes to go there because its a bullshit annoying maze, now imagine undercity, but no mount, and much larger

- - - Updated - - -

The whole Nerubian zone (was hyped by the devs but never released) and theres something else big I can't remember.

Also while on the topic of cut content: Vanilla cut content
    Emerald Dream(was in files mostly unfinihed), Hellfire peninsula/outland(mostly finished, different than the TBC one), Dragon Isles.... the list goes on
    yep : / forgot the dragon isles

7+ Year Old Account
    suprisngly if you only count the feature trailers yes, but you also have to remember what they said "yes this will be added" farahlon, karabor, bladespire, and the ogre empire for example, the stuff shown on a map that they just show for example is nothing to take litterally...

for example remember the giant mushroom whales? or in cata the large weird infernal like elementles, and lava turtles with a huge neck?

wod had alot of cut content that they SAID would be coming, but so have many of the old expacs

heck even vanilla was suppose to have necromancers, demon hunters, outland, and the emerald dream

That is true for most expansions, people just tend to not remember what the devs said but didn't do because it was an overall good expansion

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, idiots just started new "WoD sucks" thread. Get over it, dont screw yourselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Oh look, idiots just started new "WoD sucks" thread. Get over it, dont screw yourselves.
    More of a "what got cut from what expac hate expansion"
    Basically hating on all cut content

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between WoD cuts and previous ones was that people were more aware of them. Which was Blizzard's own fault for divulging way, way too many details of their plans in early pre-alpha stage. Which people promptly interpret as promises, and feel childishly insulted by when they get changed.
    I myself was pretty annoyed that Karabor and the Frostwolf Keep did not end up being proper capitals, for example, after they hyped it so nicely at Blizzcon earlier.

But it's important to remember that this is part of development process. In any game, in any company. For every expansion many concepts were thrown around, ideas developed, some scrapped, some stayed.

People don't even remember now that there was supposed to by flying combat in TBC/WotLK, an entire Nerubian raid, even zone instead of 2 dungeons in WotLK, a whole alternate progression system called Path of the Titans in Cata (which is basically Artifact XP), destructible buildings and siege weapons in battlegrounds, yada yada yada.

WoD was no different in that respect, except for the fact that they presented a lot of these developmental ideas in way more detail and hyped it at Blizzcon, so people that didn't know any better got too excited.

Legion probably has a lot of this too - the big difference is we didn't hear much about it before Alpha went live, and the game hasn't changed much since Alpha. Consistency and predictability in presentation and marketing is the name of the game this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    So, we all know how big of an disapointment WoD was. It started with cutting content, or altering it. For example:

- Karabor
    - Shattrath raid
    - moveable Garrisons
    - race specific Garrisons

However, how is Legion looking in that perspective? Has there been any content cut/altered since it was announched at Blizzcon?
    also no, no content has been cut from legion so far it seems, some minor settings and such, like how to target a legendary, but other then that yeah

Deleted
    The Chronal spire also then
    According to that map we were never meant to get High Maul, which turned out to be a quite decent place.

The chronal spire turned out to be Khadgar's tower... with the legendairy quest starting there one could still consider it "entry way to Draenor"... although the full map indicates that it was made before they decided to let us in trough the actual dark portal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    According to that map we were never meant to get High Maul, which turned out to be a quite decent place.

The chronal spire turned out to be Khadgar's tower... with the legendairy quest starting there one could still consider it "entry way to Draenor"... although the full map indicates that it was made before they decided to let us in trough the actual dark portal.
    Highmaul was probably originally planned to be on the Ogre continent, because ATM it doesn't make sense for Ogres in south Nagrand to have a portal to Highmaul when they're in the same zone

- - - Updated - - -

also no, no content has been cut from legion so far it seems, some minor settings and such, like how to target a legendary, but other then that yeah
    At the moment until we see something else I consider Thal'Dranath cut (even if it has been changed to bet the name of the island where the Tomb is)

10+ Year Old Account
    There was:

Faralhon
    Ogre continent
    Karabor
    Bladespire

for WoD.

Karabor and Bladespire would have been fine capitals, pending that bladespire had an elevator of some form. karabor had a huge outdoor area that could have been put to use as a city if the inside proved too small, and the same goes for Bladespire. As for "indoor cities," we have... Ironforge... Undercity... Exodar... the two Mop shrines... so it's not like it hasn't been done.

As for Tal'dranath, I'll believe it'll be in the game when I see them announce it will ACTUALLY be in patch 7.X.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There was:

Faralhon
    Ogre continent
    Karabor
    Bladespire

for WoD.

Karabor and Bladespire would have been fine capitals, pending that bladespire had an elevator of some form. karabor had a huge outdoor area that could have been put to use as a city if the inside proved too small, and the same goes for Bladespire. As for "indoor cities," we have... Ironforge... Undercity... Exodar... the two Mop shrines... so it's not like it hasn't been done.

As for Tal'dranath, I'll believe it'll be in the game when I see them announce it will ACTUALLY be in patch 7.X.
    its been removed because its just another night elven ruin... and azsuna is allready that, so they have a better idea for patch 7.2 that will be a raid patch

7+ Year Old Account
    There was:

Faralhon
    Ogre continent
    Karabor
    Bladespire

for WoD.

Thal'dranath they already said won't be in game and changed it to where the Broken Shore used to be called Thal'Dranath, they said they are replacing it with something better, but until I see something I don't trust them

- - - Updated - - -

its been removed because its just another night elven ruin... and azsuna is allready that, so they have a better idea for patch 7.2 that will be a raid patch
    My guess was they worked a bit on Thal'Dranath and saw that it basically came to be a mixture of Azsuna, Val'sharah and Suramar (that's what i've imagined it as at least).

Lets hope it got replaced with Kul Tiras, been a while since we've seen some human Lordaeron themed stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope it got replaced with Kul Tiras, been a while since we've seen some human Lordaeron themed stuff
    I wouldn't bet on that; Lordaeron means Sylvanas, and any possible contention between Sylvanas' angsty "sovereignty" and any opposing forces in the region have to be written as thinly, unilaterally, and trivially as possible, lest the teenage fanboys see their glorious leader come up short on something.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Dunno why you're bitching about cut content, for whatever was cut it was done so for a reason and I can only imagine something was added in its place. Early concept/dev panel talks should always be taken with a heavy grain of salt, those slides and maps are them spit balling ideas. Look at the path of the titans thing for WotLK that was a huge undertaking and in the end it didn't work the way they wanted so they scrapped it and took elements from it and made other things. The nerubian raid was something I was bummed about because that really made sense and tied in well with Arthas/Lich King.

Blizzard will scrap entire games (Titan) if they don't feel its polished or worth implementing or doesn't make sense in the long run. I'd rather a much more fine tuned and refined game than more content just for the sake of more content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bet on that; Lordaeron means Sylvanas, and any possible contention between Sylvanas' angsty "sovereignty" and any opposing forces in the region have to be written as thinly, unilaterally, and trivially as possible, lest the teenage fanboys see their glorious leader come up short on something.
    I mean architecture, Im bored of the stormwind human theme from my garrison and really loving the Lordaeron architecture

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean architecture, Im bored of the stormwind human theme from my garrison and really loving the Lordaeron architecture
    Any tangential relevance would probably encourage too much potential conflict. Blizzard has remained firm in their stance to not portray Alliance/Forsaken conflict in any form.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any tangential relevance would probably encourage too much potential conflict. Blizzard has remained firm in their stance to not portray Alliance/Forsaken conflict in any form.
    With Jaina getting pissed we are either visiting her "home" KulTiras(since we're probably not getting her real home, Nathreza) or her factions home, Argus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Surely they could have managed. Most of the stuff would have been outside anyway, the interior was somewhat small when it was actually in beta. Sure it would be huge, but most of the stuff surrounding the temple would just be fillers

I'm still surprised about the Karabor thing, the amount of backlash they got was hilarious. Especially after they replaced it with Stormshield and Warspear; the most disgusting capitals with 0 effort put into them. Merely put into the game to force people into Ashran (Which they are still trying to do, though it was a complete failure and almost no one in the PvP community enjoys it)
    I always felt they added Stormshield/Warspear just for PvP purposes (waiting for Ashran etc.)
    Only reason a PvE-er would go there is for the portals

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    what exacly does that prove?
    It proves that they planned to do a shat raid but it was never implemented just like op put in his first post, not sure why your all acting like dicks to him/her about it.....