Thread: Rogue times

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue times

A few more days until getting totally fucked by a rogue is getting "balanced" if it does indeed.

Seriously I'm not trying to complain about the situation given it's not max level and all that crap. But I'm curious, how the fuck will they balance a class that has so many defensives, abilities that assure 100% uptime on a target and so many CC abilities? Plus the damage which is ridiculous, again I repeat, I'm aware of the level difference.

There better be some light at the end of this fucking tunnel.

wew lad if you think rogue is op just wait until you see some other crazy shit @110

Very few Rogues on live today are able to pump out what the build can do .. the few than actually know how to burst will kill ANY ONE unless a serious CD is used .. I suspect OP you came across one/some of the few who know how to play ..

No doubt Assa ability to have DoT's that do 1xx% - %2xx your health bar is wrong .. But I guess some one high up in the ladder plays this class ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Very few Rogues on live today are able to pump out what the build can do .. the few than actually know how to burst will kill ANY ONE unless a serious CD is used .. I suspect OP you came across one/some of the few who know how to play ..

No doubt Assa ability to have DoT's that do 1xx% - %2xx your health bar is wrong .. But I guess some one high up in the ladder plays this class ...
    Bullshit. The rogues I came across are mediocre players at best. The difference is they can do more damage now. Please don't try to insinuate that rogues who burst you down in one cooldown are some kind of extraordinary skilled players to justify what? That rogues are totally fine?

the fact that tauren can't be rogues or mages (even when in the latter case they gave gnomes hunters so every race can be a hunter but they didn't give tauren mages so tauren are literally the only race that cannot be mages) is very sad cow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post

given it's not max level and all that crap.
    The game just changed, and blizz is not putting efforts into balancing 100 rogues at all. And even beta players havnt been playing long enough to figure out all the comps/rotations/strategies. i see r1 beta players saying "wtf did i just get killed by" there is so much lack of knowledge by the community atm, saying "im dying to this class there for it is broken" would be a little premature.

if you think sub and outlaw is strong at 100 you havent seen anything. They might as well be called garbage right now( they are strong duh). Sub in particular gain all its burst in pvp talents. Same for outlaw. Both these specs are considered god tier at 110 along fire mages, ww, arm, shadow.

Deleted
    And this is why the mmo champ pvp forums will never be taken seriously.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    wew lad if you think rogue is op just wait until you see some other crazy shit @110
    rogue is still op at 110 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your title is quite misleading your post is clearly about DKs or mages or locks or monks or druids or or or.

But no every expansion we must get the usual "rogues are so OP" ranting that ends up with blizzard caving in to complaints and randomly removing stuff from rogues because rants. Every damn expansion same thing. Why not change the habit and start asking for buffs for YOUR class instead of nerfs to others
    And rightly so, if a class is overpowered you fix it. This is not a question of hating rogues or whatever, it's about fixing the damned game. And yeah Blizzard should be removing from rogues.

Bullshit. The rogues I came across are mediocre players at best. The difference is they can do more damage now. Please don't try to insinuate that rogues who burst you down in one cooldown are some kind of extraordinary skilled players to justify what? That rogues are totally fine?
    I understand your anger as I feel it when faced with an Assa that x5 point rupture+vendetta+garrote and just watches me bleed to death ... As long as they know how to count 1-2-3 they can land that setup pretty much any time they want ..

What I was saying was many Rogues are still learning and come 110 time in about 2-4 months it will be cancer for any caster without a pocket healer ..

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to cut ALL of the Rogue's CC by half and maybe they'll be balanced.

Right now, they can kill most specs before their stuns/cc wear off.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think you need a reading comprehension course, bud.

Either way, I'm keen to see the luls @ 110

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    well so are like half the classes to be fair

legion atm is kindof balanced like dota

Do you talk about open world pvp or instanced pvp? In open world pvp a sub rogue with the class trinket with hc/myth gear will clean the floor with any opponent. In instanced pvp the same class does very low dmg at lvl 100. I talk about +100k SS crits in wpvp vs 30k-40k SS crits in bg/arena. If a sub rogue kills you in bg/arena you got not bursted but sustained to death. In wpvp burst is king and a little bit much, but most classes can burst that hard in wpvp and who cares. At 110 Sub gets many good things with the artifact and pvp-talents. When you cry now, you will cry blood at 110.

I did not hundreds of bgs in the pre patch but the bgs i did as sub felt very sad. Yes you have mobility, yes you have stuns/blind, but the dmg was so weak, weaker as weak. Once you had someone offguard on the side and do your little dmg (nightblade and evics do the most dmg) they will run to their friends or will get help and you can run away. Most healers just get annoyed until the stun dr kicks in and hdruid...their hots...you can't out damage that and you will run out of dance charges. What sub shines at is when you have someone at your side. You stun them, keep them busy and the other guy rips them apart. In the prepatch sub is the annoying little wasp. It is constantly there and it annoys, but the other two specs are better in the field. Assa is the dmg king and outlaw is just a control monster with luck roll kill damage. The bgs with outlaw felt overall more rewarding and assa has good burst every 45 secs with bleed and fuck other rogues with vendetta. I hope sub makes fun again at 110 because i like that spec since ever.

Eh Rogues are not the only crazy ones out there atm. Boomkins can kill most anyone without their closer up in 5 seconds, and many even with the closer up, a good feral is all but impossible in a 1v1 and trying to kill a geared and smart tank is an exercise in futility. Depends on the class and skill of the player of course. I don't know whats going on at 110 but I do imagine they will at least try to balance that somewhat. I do not think they care so much about the situation now so one just has to grin and take it.

So you don't see any other problem (for example blood dk viability in pvp which even blizzard realized and nerfed their shield a bit) and you ofc don't see a problem with current WW monks right? Or needing a 20 man raid to kill a warlock. And the list is endless but ofc this had to be a "nerf rogues" thread probably because you got ganked by one during an invasion.

Your post doesn't explain whats so "overpowered" you don't tell us what you re playing as you dont tell us anything. You just put a generic rant up "rogues are op nerf rogues /end thread" and you expect to be taken seriously.

Also, please note that "removing" "restricting" "nerfing" are all stupid ways of enforcing something and annoys people or even insults them. Why not ask for more stuff for your class. Or you don't know what class you will be playing this month?
    Oh come on. Blood DKs? Really? They guys who can be kited by an old lady with a wooden leg? You do know they don't even have chains of ice any more.

Right now, the biggest problem I see is with rogues. It's not about losing to a class, ok, I fought that guy, I lost, he was better, his class was slightly stronger blah blah.

But when a fight consists of me losing most of my health in one stun, in one killing spree, then there's a problem.

And you seriously expect anyone to take your arguing seriously when you are openly trying to argue that we shouldn't complain about the rogue situation, which is, by far, the worse when it comes to CC and burst damage which is a very bad combo. I don't give a crap about the "poor, poor rogues" who don't get to burst you down in 5 or less seconds. Cause if that's all that motivates them to play then maybe they should look for another game. I want balance, balance in damage and CC for classes that have too much and classes that have too less. Rogues have too much. WAY too much.

You still avoid to tell us what class you play that is so hard to counter rogue. Usually dying by rogues is playstyle and gear issues. You are asking for balance during a pre-patch which shows that you lack basic understanding of how the game works. Funny how you worry about me taken seriously when you re acting like a not-so-funny stand up comedian. Next time you re facing a rogue use a bloody defensive and save trinket for the stun. And yeah you will still die if the rogue has CDs which is the exact same case if DK had CDs if warrior had CDs if hunter had CDs etc etc etc.
    Ok, so you are totally stupid. I didn't ask for balance in the pre-patch, I said it better not be like this at max level. But you didn't bother to read and jumped to your routine speech for people who point out how broken rogues are. I'm not gonna argue with you since you'll try to derail so you can make your little show. But if you must know, I play several classes, including a rogue. So I'm not just making assumptions.

I said it better not be like this at max level.
    It's worse, lol.
    Don't Fwoosh me.