Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the naaru were fine with him, they only agreed to retalite when "his" blood elves attacked shatrath... and he was taking the water from zangarmarsh, and the magic from netherstorm to make super wells, to power his army against the burning legion
    His fault for not sendin A'dal a lovely note, or a singing telegram that "we are all on the same side". Too busy in his demon-brothel I guess?

All anyone saw of him was his naga/blood elf/orc/demon goons enslaving/murdering people and then using the slaves to steal.

Unless I just missed the memo that Kael was explicitly 100% rogue by that time, before we arrive in Outland? The one to tell Illidan of Kael's deals with the Legion is Akama during the Hand of A'dal questline, way after the Shattrath attack.

It seemed to be his blood elves, for all intents and purposes. Siege of the only large non-demon settlement in the world isn't something you do quietly behind your boss's back and sweep under the rug. Kael is a convenient scapegoat for all his scheming, but he didn't go rogue until way later, he was still Illidan's trusted second/third-in-command at the time, you can't say "Illidan's blood elf manaforges but it's <<Illidan's>> blood elves who attacked Shattrath".
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-16 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    His fault for not sendin A'dal a lovely note, or a singing telegram that "we are all on the same side". Too busy in his demon-brothel I guess?

All anyone saw of him was his naga/blood elf/orc/demon goons enslaving/murdering people and then using the slaves to steal.

Unless I just missed the memo that Kael was explicitly 100% rogue by that time, before we arrive in Outland? The one to tell Illidan of Kael's deals with the Legion is Akama during the Hand of A'dal questline, way after the Shattrath attack.

It seemed to be his blood elves, for all intents and purposes. Siege of the only large non-demon settlement in the world isn't something you do quietly behind your boss's back and sweep under the rug. Kael is a convenient scapegoat for all his scheming, but he didn't go rogue until way later, he was still Illidan's trusted second/third-in-command at the time, you can't say "Illidan's blood elf manaforges but it's <<Illidan's>> blood elves who attacked Shattrath".
    issue is he trusted no one with his knowlege, and he was good to or else kalethas would had him gone in seconds, kaelthas was rogue before outland, he whent rogue when kiljaden showed up and read their minds, and gave them each a vision, talking to them

and no it was confirmed it was kaelthas's blood elves, as he whent rogue way before, and did it to frame illidan, since he was working for kiljaden by that point, and kiljaden no longer trusted illidan this was hinted at back then, but wasent confirmed till legion/illidan novel

Deleted
    this was hinted at back then, but wasent confirmed till legion/illidan novel
    I know he was aligned with Kil'jaeden since before, but there's a difference between scheming and open rebellion. And said open rebellion doesn't end up happening, what happens instead Akama tells Illidan of Kael's scheme, Illidan sends Akama's broken - actually the player in disguise - to send Kael his horse's head as a warning. All the way up until then - until the Hyjal attunement chain - Kael officially works for Illidan. The attack on Shattrath is way, way before that.

Attack on Shattrath doesn't seem like something that could happen without Illidan's knowledge or consent when Kael was still playing the role of the good lieutanant, and if it was, Illidan is given plenty of time to respond... which he doesn't, and Kael remains in Illidan's more-or-less good graces throughout TBC. Again, demon brothel and the brooding roof's wonderful view must have been keeping him occupied for months.

Without reading later sources/retcons, it still seems like Illidan's fault, whether by sheer ruthlessness (worldwide slavery, murder and pillage) or incompetence in managing his follower, leading to catastrophic results. And even later sources cannot outright erase the slaverymurderpillage, they happened, just "seemed like a good idea at the time, by the way I really don't like demons, let's be friends". We have excellent reasons to depose "the lord of Outland".
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-16 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not at all suprised that Bambi and Fel are still going on about words they dont know in this thread.

Its quite a funny read so far.

I know he was aligned with Kil'jaeden since before, but there's a difference between scheming and open rebellion. And said open rebellion doesn't end up happening, what happens instead Akama tells Illidan of Kael's scheme, Illidan sends Akama's broken - actually the player in disguise - to send Kael his horse's head as a warning. All the way up until then - until the Hyjal attunement chain - Kael officially works for Illidan. The attack on Shattrath is way, way before that.

Attack on Shattrath doesn't seem like something that could happen without Illidan's knowledge or consent when Kael was still playing the role of the good lieutanant, and if it was, Illidan is given plenty of time to respond... which he doesn't. Again, demon brothel and the brooding roof's wonderful view must have been keeping him occupied for months.

Without reading later sources/retcons, it still seems like Illidan's fault, whether by sheer ruthlessness (worldwide slavery, murder and pillage) or incompetence in managing his follower, leading to catastrophic results. And even later sources cannot outright erase the slaverymurderpillage, they happened, just "seemed like a good idea at the time, by the way I really don't like demons, let's be friends". We have excellent reasons to depose "the lord of Outland".
    yet kaethas had allready elft, and lost communitcation with illidan, hanging out in netherstorm... and again, the books confirmed this, and AGAIN what is so difficult to beleive kalethas could have secretly been working for kiljaden since then...?

also if your so blind to think that illidan would really send a small force of blood elves to scuicide themselves into shatrath for NO REASON then you are stupid... there was nothing to gain fro mthe attack, other then to make him a target...

Deleted
    Anyone else thinks Illidan will end up falling in love with Kor'vas Bloodthorn?

Deleted
    also if your so blind to think that illidan would really send a small force of blood elves to scuicide themselves into shatrath for NO REASON then you are stupid... there was nothing to gain fro mthe attack, other then to make him a target...
    Why would Kael "send a small force of blood elves to suicide themselves into Shattrath for NO REASON" then? It seems he would care about blood elf lives more than Illidan himself? Mind that Kael's defection was to secure the future of his people, as he clearly states in the Tempest Keep.

How is an attack on Shattrath stupid if it's by Illidan, but the same attack by Kael somehow is reasonable? The only answer would be that it was tactically sound, with something to be gained out of it. It wasn't a suicide attack by any stretch.

Typing slightly slower so that it's easier to read, and less personal attacks would be appreciated by the way, thank you.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-16 at 12:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Illidan was always the good guy. If anything TBC Illidan was a massive lorelol fuckup of epic proportions.

This is Blizzard trying to fix their fuckup.
    Actually BC didn't suggest he was the bad guy, other people did (like shatrath and that self-righteous Akama). In fact, there's a line of dialogue where two aldor guards complain about him not making a move and how he could have destroyed their post if he wanted but he didn't do anything against them and how that was unnerving.
    The only direct attack from his forces came from Kael'thas, other than that, we were the aggressors.

Why would Kael "send a small force of blood elves to suicide themselves into Shattrath for NO REASON" then? It seems he would care about blood elf lives more than Illidan himself? Mind that Kael's defection was to secure the future of his people, as he clearly states in the Tempest Keep.

How is an attack on Shattrath stupid if it's by Illidan, but the same attack by Kael somehow is reasonable? The only answer would be that it was tactically sound, with something to be gained out of it. It wasn't a suicide attack by any stretch.

Typing slightly slower so that it's easier to read, and less personal attacks would be appreciated by the way, thank you.
    to frame illidan so that we would kill him, stopping him from destroying kiljaden?
    and yes... so framing illidan and joining the legion would get him and his people lots of +500 legion rep

a attack from illidan on shatrath is stupid, because it was such a small force it was easily dealt with, but made him a prime target

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    Anyone else thinks Illidan will end up falling in love with Kor'vas Bloodthorn?
    So long as my Nelf female can have Allari, I'm cool with it.

Deleted
    to frame illidan so that we would kill him, stopping him from destroying kiljaden?
    and yes... so framing illidan and joining the legion would get him and his people lots of +500 legion rep

a attack from illidan on shatrath is stupid, because it was such a small force it was easily dealt with, but made him a prime target
    So what would stop Illidan from simply stating "wasn't me, it was the dude in the dress. Actually that ticked me off, I'll help you take him down, mr. naaru guy"? The Scryers defected so they would know who ordered the attack, too.

Again, he had months to say "I'm innocent, can you stop killing my dudes please?". Well, there's the whole worldwide slavery and murder thing left too, which is undoubtedly his fault, but still. If Shattrath fiasco was 100% Kael, he could have proved it easily with the Scryer's testimony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So long as my Nelf female can have Allari, I'm cool with it.
    inb4 she eats your soul

Deleted
    So what would stop Illidan from simply stating "wasn't me, it was the dude in the dress. Actually that pissed me off, I'll help you take him down, mr. naaru guy"? The Scryers defected so they would know who ordered the attack, too.

Again, he had months to say "I'm innocent, can you stop killing my dudes please?".
    And he was rather preoccupied with destroying the NAthrezim homeworld (thanks for that by the way) and with setting up a portal to Argus (thanks for that by the way) and with spying on Kil'jadean (thanks for that I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    inb4 she eats your soul
    Kinky

So what would stop Illidan from simply stating "wasn't me, it was the dude in the dress. Actually that ticked me off, I'll help you take him down, mr. naaru guy"? The Scryers defected so they would know who ordered the attack, too.

Again, he had months to say "I'm innocent, can you stop killing my dudes please?". Well, there's the whole worldwide slavery and murder thing left too, which is undoubtedly his fault, but still. If Shattrath fiasco was 100% Kael, he could have proved it easily with the Scryer's testimony.
    yes because we would beleive him... >_>

yeah man if hitler had just said "im innocent it was those dudes" we would have tottaly stopped

Deleted
    And he was rather preoccupied with destroying the NAthrezim homeworld (thanks for that by the way) and with setting up a portal to Argus (thanks for that by the way) and with spying on Kil'jadean (thanks for that I guess)
    And that explanation falls apart simply through Outland questing, which shows Illidan showing up as a projection and talking to people on magiskype all the time.

"Yeah I was too busy to get A'dal (Khadgar, vindicator Onaala, whoever)" on the line, you know, with the whole interdimensional warfare thing. And my Orc/Broken lieutanants won't yell at themselves either".

yes because we would beleive him... >_>

yeah man if hitler had just said "im innocent it was those dudes" we would have tottaly stopped
    I don't even
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2016-08-16 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    And that explanation falls apart simply through Outland questing, which shows Illidan showing up as a projection and talking to people on magiskype all the time.

"Yeah I was too busy to get A'dal (Khadgar, vindicator Onaala, whoever)" on the line, you know, with the whole interdimensional warfare thing. And my Orc lieutanants won't yell at themselves either".
    But really would you have believed him as Fel rightly pointed out? He knows everyone sees him as a demon he kinda is. No reason to even try to talk with Shat. Noone there would believe him. He's better of just plotting against the Legion. That way he can at least do something.

He *IS* a fanfiction character.

Blizzard's fanfiction character.

Deleted
    But really would you have believed him as Fel rightly pointed out? He knows everyone sees him as a demon he kinda is. No reason to even try to talk with Shat. Noone there would believe him. He's better of just plotting against the Legion. That way he can at least do something.
    A'dal listened to the very people who used to fight and kill Shattrath inhabitants, and took them in, no consequences. Blood elves certified guilty of murder, 100%, absolved also 100%.

Think he wouldn't listen to, and smite someone who's not only innocent (well... of that one specific crime), but also is doing some pretty sweet work against a common enemy? Come on now. It's a naaru we're talking about here. I'm fairly sure he could at least have negotiated a cease-fire.

Well, i read the Illidan's Novel. He is pretty much the same on the game.

The only thing i didn't like is the thing about him being a hero of the Light. if you turn Illidan into Light, he will become a Tyrael or something like that. i like his Demonic and Bad manners to do Good, i think turnin him into a Hero of the light is a bad idea. Playin a Demon Hunter because i think it's awesome how you turn into a demon, resist the temptation of becoming full evil and use it to confront sargeras himself. You are no pawn of the Light or the Legion, you choose your own path.

But it's not like we saw that much of Illidan. If anything, i became a big fan of Maiev too after reading the book and doing the DH questline.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    A'dal listened to the very people who used to fight and kill Shattrath inhabitants, and took them in, no consequences. Blood elves certified guilty of murder, 100%, absolved also 100%.

Think he wouldn't listen to, and smite someone who's not only innocent (well... of that one specific crime), but also is doing some pretty sweet work against a common enemy? Come on now. It's a naaru we're talking about here. I'm fairly sure he could at least have negotiated a cease-fire.
    Okay sure, maybe A'dal would've listened. Then we are back at the he knows what he is and how everyone sees him. He figured why bother, let's just destroy Argus while those fukers are fukin around in Outland, playing with Keal'thas and whatnot.
    He is an arrogant bastard, he doesn't need the help of Azeroth or Shattrath, he can just kill Kil'jadean by himself thank you very much.

Also terrible wrinting and lore in BC.