Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    What would you possibly need 8 alts for?

- - - Updated - - -

Especially if you play them so little you don't have level 100 at the end of expansion.
    I like to swap around what alt i play. I also had only one horde when im done i will have 1 of every class faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    I hope the rewards become more intense too.

Considering the really fantastic effort they put into all the demons and the demon bosses and the zone changes, the rewards are pretty blah. Transmogs are the same look available from the individual armor pieces and is just a recolor of an existing set. The other items are nothing special either especially if you are doing invasion on multiple characters. Some of my guys have 300 or 400 shards and nothing to spend them on.
    I think the gear is fine as it is. The invasion event requires no significant effort. For people already in 700+ gear, the reward will be lacklustre but how would players feel if the rewards were higher? Equivalent to heoric or even mythic raid gear?

Too high and the geared players will feel their current raid gear have been cheapen.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I think the gear is fine as it is. The invasion event requires no significant effort. For people already in 700+ gear, the reward will be lacklustre but how would players feel if the rewards were higher? Equivalent to heoric or even mythic raid gear?

Too high and the geared players will feel their current raid gear have been cheapen.
    I think the gear is fine, but if people feel there current gear (That has been out for a year) gets cheapen by a pre-expansion event then they need to check there ego.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Also annoying ... my level 29 Paladin got a fel helmet from the treasure box after an invasion. Can't use it because I'm using heirloom helmet. But I can't transmog to it either, it doesn't show up in my appearances for that guy.

I think because I have the 100 level version of that helmet already? Kind of a bummer

And I'll disagree with whoever said it wasn't worth the time to level that way ... it's much easier, and something you can do while alt-tabbed, since you don't really have to participate to get XP.
    Yeah, it's soooo much XP! I love it! It means I can get these characters I couldnt be bothered with up to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Invasions reset every 4 hours currently, and there's two up at a time. Think of them like raid lockouts, but with only a 4 hour lockout instead of a week. If you do one in a period of the 4 hour lockout, you can't do any until next reset. (Early on, people were saying it's 4 hours per character, but that was incorrect, it's 4 hours per reset).
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legioninvasiontimer
    They are on PST. Not sure what the interval will be when servers come up today, but through yesterday it was every 4 hours starting at noon (e.g. 4 pm, 8 pm, midnight, 4 am, 8 am, noon). Pretty sure they'll follow something similar today.

15+ Year Old Account
    bigtime invasion xp nerf.

fuck you, blizzard. you've nerfed fun for the LAST TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post

What XP nerf are you talking about? I have seen anyone say its been nerfed.

Edit: Holy hell they did wtf. Before I was getting 59k now its 25k.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-16 at 05:46 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Care to explain? Last thing I read it was buffed (and this morning I still got between 35 and 55k per stage on a lv 63 alt).

As for lockboxes: I think you can just stockpile them and open them at whatever level you want. If you looted them when you were 40 and open them at 70, you get lv 70 appropriate loot. (tried it between 43 and 50, always the highest possible ilv popped out, so no guarantee, but it seemed that way)
    Before they updated I was getting 59k at my current level and now its 25k.

15+ Year Old Account
    yesterday, at level 65, my last invasion I got about 260k total, with heirlooms, per invasion.

just now i got 113k total at 65, still.

yesterday, at level 65, my last invasion I got about 260k total, with heirlooms, per invasion.

just now i got 113k total at 65, still.
    Ya I was talking to someone and like they said there is more invasions now. Before it was 2 invasions per 4 hours at (260k ur numbers) now its 6 every 4 hours at (113k ur numbers) So the total XP is more.

At level 65 XP gained per stage looks like this:
    Stage 1: 10150
    Stage 2: 20250
    Stage 3: 15200
    Stage 4: 30400

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed the difference. Per stage I was getting 56,000 exp. Now I just got 14,100 exp.

At this point I am doing these for transmog now and not leveling :-\

10+ Year Old Account
    So it was actually buffed, except, not really. You now get MORE XP doing all 6 invasions every 4 hr. HOWEVER that means they simply stretched the XP across more Invasions and gave it a slight buff. This means that now Dungeons are a more efficient route compared to a single invasion, so, RiP Invasions.

Have not tried it yet. Not doubting you by the way. What would be interesting to see is if the XP Nerf is only for the new invasion and not the first set. That is something I will test out.

To be honest, they cannot continue to give the same XP with the increase rate of invasion event. Otherwise people would just boost their way to max in no time.

yes its a ~50% nerf, SUPER CONFIRMED

its still easy afk XP, so Ill be doing it until my alt hits 100

Have not tried it yet. Not doubting you by the way. What would be interesting to see is if the XP Nerf is only for the new invasion and not the first set. That is something I will test out.

To be honest, they cannot continue to give the same XP with the increase rate of invasion event. Otherwise people would just boost their way to max in no time.
    That was the point for a lot of people, so they got more level 100's to play with on the 30th. But if people can speed boost in WOW they won't buy boosts.

This is a BS move..

I had two characters I wanted to get to level 100 (maybe 3 if I was lucky) now its 1 if im lucky
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-16 at 06:05 PM.

Just did a invasion at level 54%, I am on rested XP with BOA's and didn't even get a level.

This is such bullshit.

Went from around 30% XP to 89% and it took about 30mins to do. Now less people will be doing invasions and they will take longer to finish.

10+ Year Old Account

Problem is Blizzard misunderstood. We did invasions because they were faster than the alternative (Aka. dungeons) Now they are not, no reason to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The exp gained from invasions is practically worthless now. Especially considering how long it takes to get to some of the invasion points (Such as Azshara and Hillsbrad on a pre-flight alliance character). Guess the fun couldn't last forever, but damn it blizzard! I was hoping it'd at least last until August 30th.

I made a official thread if anyone wants to post in it.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748455706#1