can someone tell me how to use dispersion optimally when using the StM talent? ive been using the talent that lets you get into voidform at 70 insanity, but seems like stm is just all around better so im going to use that. my guess is apply vt/sw, stm, dispersion, then continue with normal rotation?

IIRC you don't really use Dispersion to prolong STM voidform, seeing as you're just going to die and the extra stacks you gain will be useless. You're much better off just DPSing through the whole duration.

If you want to optimize your StM you use Disp on cooldown since it gives 6 free stacks, effectively resets the cooldown on VB, and lowers your insanity drain by 6sec over its whole duration. Unless you're 100% confident with your survivabiility during StM, I would just use it when you can't generate insanity (like targeted by a mechanic), to make sure you don't die.

The point where you use it at the beginning doesn't matter too much, just make sure you have enough times on your dots when you pop it for VB to refresh them. Personally, I like to use VB and MB before I pop it so they cooldown during its duration.
    Last edited by Ryeshot; 2016-08-15 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    IIRC you don't really use Dispersion to prolong STM voidform, seeing as you're just going to die and the extra stacks you gain will be useless. You're much better off just DPSing through the whole duration.
    If the boss will die before you do during StM without using Dispersion then yes, there is no point.
    If you die before the boss dies then Dispersion is worth it because you get 6 more stacks with no drain cost which means more haste, most haste means more insanity/sec, long voidform and all in all more damage.

However this assuming that the boss does not have mechanics that will stop you from attacking (and therefor kill you). Things like Blitz on Fel Reaver for example. (assuming she lives that long)
    Fights like this you need to keep Dispersion off cooldown so you can use it to bridge the gap where you cannot dps and stop the drain from killing you prematurely.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Seeing that Void Shield is now at 33% healing of dmg done and Fleeting Embrace is 50% reduced cd to VE (not 75%). Is there something I have missed? why have these pvp talents been nerfed, our survivability is bad as shait in pvp as it is. (this is what Im seeing in pvp talents on live in game).

Edit: And Shadow Mania with 50% increased healing on VT instead of 100%
    Last edited by Baloneyman; 2016-08-15 at 09:35 PM.

I suggest you take a look at this thread

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20747797425

may be, or may not be because of this
    Think it also was discussed a bit back in this thread.

what i learned from this thread is that most R1 druids are morons.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Pretty sad reading that thread on the official forums. Zero blue post about the changes being made: they were just made. Lots of feedback from people playing the class on why the changes are bad: Blizzard this is a sad state of affairs.

- Surrender to Madness now provides +150% Insanity (was +200%).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/5...xes-august-16/

So they nerfed StM based on the prepatch, good to know.

Homophobia is so gay.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post

Is this that hard to come up with a good replacement for Mind Spike?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously? lol

Well, this was expected honestly, and its better they did it now than later.... But leaving shit spike as it is defies explanation...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaryel View Post
    Well, this was expected honestly, and its better they did it now than later.... But leaving shit spike as it is defies explanation...

It'd be better if they hadn't done it at all.

Deleted
    This was obviously going to happen. I mean the damage gain from StM in execute range is just ridiculous, it doubles your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    True, but noone can argue how powerful StM was (and still is). The point I was trying to make is that it's better that it's nerfed now when the impact isn't felt much. Changing it at a later stage would feel like a bigger nerf than it is since StM will come into its real power once we unlock artifact powers (especially with Mass Hysteria).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Yeah no, it had to be done, and it's better they do it early than mid progression and have guilds rely on that over-budgeted talent to carry during execute range. Those saying: "but on progression execute phase lasts longer", yes, but there's enough priests that have been able to sit in STM for nearly two minutes (I'm sure some have passed 2 minutes as-well). In general an execute phase even during progression rarely reaches that length, unless people start dropping dead.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-08-16 at 01:37 PM.

How will this change StMs place in the lvl 100 talents?
    I know MS is shit, but I'm talking about the other talent, can't remember its English name, as I'm playing with the German client. I mean with t19 4p (no Void bolt CD for 6sec after entering Void form), won't that be better then?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Yeah no, it had to be done, and it's better they do it early than mid progression and have guilds rely on that over-budgeted talent to carry during execute range. Those saying but on progression executes last longer, yes, but there's enough priests that have been able to sit in STM for nearly two minutes (I'm sure some have passed 2 minutes aswell). In general an execute phase even during progression rarely reaches that length, unless people start dropping dead.
    OR they could make balance changes based on data from 110 and not from pre-patch. IDK, just a thought.