Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    Why should demon blades be the worst? So you're not pressing demon's bite anymore, what's the big deal?

Demon blades requires more management of fury, as you can overcap if you're not careful. If anything demonic appetite is the true passive talent on that tier, nothing about it changes the base rotation.

And even going off of that simcraft list, its only 3% or so higher than DA....
    Great shitpost, friend-O. You know exactly why it should be the worst. I'm not interested in arguing semantics with some random on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraeith View Post
    Is Bloodlet the optimal choice in all situations? That's very disappointing if so considering both Felblade and First Blade are vastly more fun, subjectively.

It's the only option that augments your AoE, so it's a given that it would excel on 2+ targets, but how does it compare in single target situations?
    Felblade would have to, at minimum, double in damage to be comparable in ST (assuming that it is refreshed by Demon's Bite A LOT due to Master of the Glaive).

First Blade would have to affect all targets, and 4+ short lived adds to be comparable in AoE.

And that is ignoring the legendary wrist.

Opinions: is Bloodlet overtuned, or are the other two undertuned?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post

>d-don't worry demon blades is gonna b-be the worst out of them all

Good job trusting Blizzard.
    Reading comprehension ftw! Pawkets (the guy doing the sims) have said that the sim is crit heavy. A more balanced set of stats will bring prepared on top in 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    I guess that depends on your feelings about bloodlet vs the other two. I personally think bloodlet should be the highest damage because it adds a button that would literally never be used into your rotation otherwise, and a debuff to manage. I think undertuned on the other two, because effectively the whole tier adds another active(if they were properly tuned), and active tiers tend to be higher impact on dps than passives. I do however think some of our other talent tier balance is fucking atrocious though. Fel mastery is way out of line, and the 108 tier has no meaningful or interesting choice. 110 also has problems with "choice" but I don't know where they could fix it outside of making chaos nova provide demonic again. Wouldn't be too much to ask for after how hard annihilation has been dumped on throughout beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    Kazzak's trinket, especially if you can get it +
    Infallible Tracking Charm
    SoW
    MotB

Those are the only ones I remember. it was posted somewhere in this forum.
    So I read this and remembered that I hadn't run kaz yet. Well then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Does our 4pc affect annihilation?
    Just posting this again in hopes someone who knows sees it.

Deleted
    Just posting this again in hopes someone who knows sees it.
    Yes, every kind of tweak to Chaos strike and blade dance will have the same effect on annihilation and death sweep

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wS0urc3 View Post
    So I read this and remembered that I hadn't run kaz yet. Well then.

Ten characters
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Felblade would have to, at minimum, double in damage to be comparable in ST (assuming that it is refreshed by Demon's Bite A LOT due to Master of the Glaive).

First Blade would have to affect all targets, and 4+ short lived adds to be comparable in AoE.

And that is ignoring the legendary wrist.

I mean you said it yourself, while I like bloodlet I feel as though it's over tuned. It's a talent that essentially makes glaive toss do triple the damage it normally would over the 10 second recharge. Honestly they should just bring both the other talents up, like others have suggested make first blood hit all targets so that blade dance is meaningful to hit. Same with felblade, the talent should just do more damage, it should be a fun meaningful proc to hit for people who like that playstyle. The talents are outa wack atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Yes, every kind of tweak to Chaos strike and blade dance will have the same effect on annihilation and death sweep
    I assumed so, but I didn't want to just believe it without confirmation. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post

Ten characters
    Giving up on the ret paladin dream too Butosai?

Deleted
    how are DH comparing to other melee dps classes CURRENTLY in Beta. e.g. rogue, dk, warr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    how are DH comparing to other melee dps classes CURRENTLY in Beta. e.g. rogue, dk, warr.
    Best aoe one of the better single targets, hardest to play

- - - Updated - - -

Giving up on the ret paladin dream too Butosai?
    Yes ret sucks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanson View Post
    I mean you said it yourself, while I like bloodlet I feel as though it's over tuned. It's a talent that essentially makes glaive toss do triple the damage it normally would over the 10 second recharge. Honestly they should just bring both the other talents up, like others have suggested make first blood hit all targets so that blade dance is meaningful to hit. Same with felblade, the talent should just do more damage, it should be a fun meaningful proc to hit for people who like that playstyle. The talents are outa wack atm.
    Yeah. That's why I asked for opinions. I think Felblade is undertuned, since I liked how it played on Beta by smoothing out Momentum. It was nerfed too hard because of that playstyle I think. I am fine with the legendary making Bloodlet stronger, but the base talents are a weak alternative even without it.
    The three talents had clear ST vs AoE vs Cleave niches, but they seem to have given up on balance after the talent change change. Sidenote: talent balancing is my biggest problem with the rested talent changing; Blizz has kind of given up on niche balance, and overall balance between talents.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yes ret sucks
    Amen, hard to let go of my main after so long but this class definitely makes the swap easier. Hopefully this community sees less of the negative personalities ret has, Im sure you know who I have in mind.

Hopefully we also dont get the monk treatment and get changed every patch, that wasn't fun at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes ret sucks
    I really wanted to play my ret pally instead for Legion. Are they still bottom barrel at 110 as well? =(

Amen, hard to let go of my main after so long but this class definitely makes the swap easier. Hopefully this community sees less of the negative personalities ret has, Im sure you know who I have in mind.

Hopefully we also dont get the monk treatment and get changed every patch, that wasn't fun at all.
    I'll echo Butosai comments, but remember final tuning for launch has not been conducted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    I'll echo Butosai comments, but remember final tuning for launch has not been conducted.
    I'm not referring to numbers. The class was literally changed 3 times massively.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes ret sucks
    Hardest to play is entirely subjective.

regarding AOE: best aoe when adds are packed. If add are too spread, UH DK has the advantage I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Hardest to play is entirely subjective.

regarding AOE: best aoe when adds are packed. If add are too spread, UH DK has the advantage I believe.
    its the closest opinion possible to being a fact. No class has a hard rotation, dh is the only thing with any sort of mechanic like that to manage

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys i have a question, i dont know if it has been ansewared already, if so, sorry.

Question is, how much of a dps loss will be if a i use VR + FR with prepared? I know i shouldnt use that, but how much of a loss will be?