Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    How is that an illusion? They are all players that you can interact with, speak to, you know like playing mmorpg that WoW is.
    Because you can't interact with them long-term. They're from different servers, so no guilds, no trades, no meaningful interactions.

For all the more impact they'll have on you, your guild, or your server, they might as well be NPCs.

*shrug* I don't mind the WF/TF system, and really, this is a pre-expansion event. Anything we get now will be obsolete in a month. There's no reason to feel compelled to do any of this unless you [I]want/I] to. In some ways, this is my favorite time of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    Was happy knowing that the invasion gear did not have a change to be Warforged. Why they added warforging to invasion gear i'll never fucking understand...
    To keep you grinding the invasions ....seems pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Items can be Titanforged. Both of the items I have gotten have been ilevel 720.
    720 is warforged. Haven't seen any titanforged yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Because you can't interact with them long-term. They're from different servers, so no guilds, no trades, no meaningful interactions.

For all the more impact they'll have on you, your guild, or your server, they might as well be NPCs.
    You can talk to these players to co-ordinate as you do the event, and if you like playing with them or they seem nice you could become friends with these newly met players and play together in the future.
    Cross-realm party people on your friends list to quest/do dungeons/pvp/..., it's a thing.
    Last edited by Shorteh; 2016-08-16 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    You can talk to these players to co-ordinate as you do the event, and if you like playing with them or they seem nice you could become friends with these newly met players and play together in the future.
    Cross-realm party people on your friends list to quest/do dungeons/pvp/..., it's a thing.
    I just want to add that, as a realllllllly anti-social player, the amount of people just active and talking about the game (and not stupid nonsense like in trade) has got me engaged with talking to people, and working with people way more than I have in the last few years. That is a really good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post

*shrug* I don't mind the WF/TF system, and really, this is a pre-expansion event. Anything we get now will be obsolete in a month. There's no reason to feel compelled to do any of this unless you [I]want/I] to. In some ways, this is my favorite time of the game.
    Sounds like he is pissed he spent 2 years raiding to get the same as someone who did a 10 minute invasion.

Its been the same on every xpac. Get used to it
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

"have to", "forced to" - No, not in the slightest.
    It is players that create that, not blizzard.

I am doing the invasions for the shards to spend, and to collect the weapons/armor pieces for appearances.
    If they upgrade, then that is a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The drop chance on Warforged invasion gear appears to be tiny, my Druid opened 28 chests yesterday after hitting level 100 and I had 4 full sets of gear from it + 3 weapons + 2 weapon upgrade items. Out of all of it I had only 1 piece of warforged, a 710 chest piece. All of this gear is worthless in 2 weeks time and will be replaced soon after hitting Legion, your class quest zones are even scaled to ilvl so improved gear does not help.

So honestly if you're not farming the transmogs don't waste your time trying to pick up warforged invasion gear.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Upgrades are upgrades. Back to the invasions i go!

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I just want to add that, as a realllllllly anti-social player, the amount of people just active and talking about the game (and not stupid nonsense like in trade) has got me engaged with talking to people, and working with people way more than I have in the last few years. That is a really good thing.
    That's lovely to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying the new interactions with these players. Maybe you will find some people you really like playing with, and who knows one day go on adventures together.
    This increase in interaction is also what I'm seeing all around me, and I do admit I enjoy it.

Watching people you don't know do things around you simply brings back that 'MMO feeling' to what has increasingly felt like a single player game during the WoD expansion.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the weapons can be warforged aswell or is it just the armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Does anyone know if the weapons can be warforged aswell or is it just the armor?
    It says only armor in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    It says only armor in the patch notes.
    Yeah, I know but I saw one guy posting on their twitter he got a warforged weapon, not sure if he was trolling or not, so wanted to be sure :P

thanks to the dumbass who are unable to keep their mouth shut invasion now give half the xp
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    Yeah, I know but I saw one guy posting on their twitter he got a warforged weapon, not sure if he was trolling or not, so wanted to be sure :P
    Most likely trolling. That or an error on blizzard's part, because the official patch notes specifically mention armor only, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    thanks to the dumbass who are unable to keep their mouth shut invasion now give half the xp
    Has nothing to do with it, they increased frequency of spawn, meaning you can do 6 every 4 hours instead of 2. it's an overall EXP buff.

Deleted
    Lol it wasn't an exploit.

Has nothing to do with it, they increased frequency of spawn, meaning you can do 6 every 4 hours instead of 2. it's an overall EXP buff.
    it's not because the time you need to waste on them is doubled, for the same amount of xp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol it wasn't an exploit.
    no but blizzard always tend to nerf thing that make the player to happy
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

it's not because the time you need to waste on them is doubled, for the same amount of xp
    EXP from individual invasions is a nerf but in terms of total time spent for EXP, it's still a buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    and yet we still dont have an offhand
    Win two bgs buy a 710

EXP from individual invasions is a nerf but in terms of total time spent for EXP, it's still a buff.
    I think the ratio of effort to reward is a more useful metric than time.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.