Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Basically. I hate to be doom and gloom myself but this is exactly why I don't monolithic countries and governments.

They don't serve democracies very well.
    I'm a Historian, It is hard not to be doom and gloom when you are very acutely aware that Death wins every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Yeah. Because government-run things are so efficient, incorruptible, and successful... Just look at public schools, social security, and medicare.
    Have you guys looked up ANY healthcare statistic? Look at the NHS. WAY more efficient (at this point you should look up the definition of efficiency, by the way), cheaper and more successful for the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Basically. I hate to be doom and gloom myself but this is exactly why I don't monolithic countries and governments.

They don't serve democracies very well.
    Canada's health care system is run at the provincial level. There's no reason individual states can't provide effective health care solutions for their constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Canada's health care system is run at the provincial level. There's no reason individual states can't provide effective health care solutions for their constituents.
    If the Feds will allow for it. Their continued meddling in healthcare makes that a hard thing to accomplish.

If they want to create a single-payer system according to each state and reroute all of the income from that to said states according to population, that sounds sensible enough.

Obama care has been a disaster. It should be repealed 100%. Things were fine before obamacare.

Colorado is (again) leading the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as sick people exist, we will never have a successful for-profit health care system. It will always be shit.

Burn it down, and go single payer. It's a fucking no-brainer.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    The United States worked as it has due to the states and their autonomy. Problem is, as we've grown in power, so has our Federal Government. This makes experimentation and local-level tailoring much more difficult to do. It also, over time, makes the populace increasingly dependent on the central body taking care of them which in turns consumes more resources unto itself that could've been reserved for local governments.

No government, no matter how large, can contend with the scope of a landmass and peoples like that of the United States. It simply can't function at high-efficiency that way. The Feds should instead be acting as a check/balance to the states but not as an absolute ruler as it is rapidly now becoming.

Yes, it will mean some states are shittier than others. Guess what? Nothing is perfect but at least you as an individual have more say and more opportunity to seek out a home that is sufficient for you. This is what will help keep differing ideologies from going at one another's throats and produce more results/data for everyone to review and consider.

I like the idea of the states acting as constant experiments for democracy. Without them doing so we don't advance nor evolve ourselves. We become like any other power destined for collapse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it lets go full Singapore.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Political retaliation is all this is.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Yeah. Because government-run things are so efficient, incorruptible, and successful... Just look at public schools, social security, and medicare.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You forgot the DMV.
    Also the VA hospital, the TSA, National highways, bridges, and infrastructure, and the post office…
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Sorry but its simply more efficient to federalize everything so that government corruption and systematic bribery can be easier to organize. I mean, how much of a hassle would it be having to pay politicians in all 50 states tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for 'speeches'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, you might get cost-effective and functional health care for your entire population, for once. Without a serious illness/injury threatening to bankrupt the average citizen.

The absolute horror.
    Says someone who lives in Ontario, Canada, where healthcare is a nightmare, doctors and nurses are begging for help, you can wait 6 months to get a basic MRI or procedure and the province is 300 billion in debt.

Seriously, your gall is unbelievable, and you need to be called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    Also the VA hospital, the TSA, National highways, bridges, and infrastructure, and the post office…
    Oh and Social Security. Healthcare will be another tax they will dip their hands in just like SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Political retaliation is all this is.
    Well, Obama blamed Bush for all of the countries problems for a good 7 years, I guess it's time for him to start writing that second letter.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    (source)

The best argument for a single-payer health plan is today’s decision by giant health insurer Aetna to stop participating in Obamacare health exchanges in all but four states. If follows a similar move by UnitedHealth Group, the nation's largest insurer. Both say they’re not making enough money because too many people with serious health problems are using the exchanges and not enough healthy people are signing up.

It all proves that a healthcare system run by giant for-profit firms is a system designed to avoid sick people.

Meanwhile, giant health insurers are consolidating into two or three behemoths. Aetna itself is trying to buy Humana. So the real choice for the future is either a public single-payer system or a hugely-expensive for-profit single-payer monopoly that will try to avoid people who need health care.

What do you think?
    I think the insurance companies are playing a pretty dangerous game here. They are opening themselves up to having medicare plans on the exchanges which would kill them and then eventually once everybody is on those plans the hop from that to medicare for all and just be done with it would be pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had Aetna in the past. They are horrible and greedy. They do just about anything they can to avoid paying for anything. This has nothing to do with "Obamacare" and everything to do with a greedy for profit insurance group feeling they deserve more money.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, you might get cost-effective and functional health care for your entire population, for once. Without a serious illness/injury threatening to bankrupt the average citizen.

The absolute horror.
    But the defense spending cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Sorry but its simply more efficient to federalize everything so that government corruption and systematic bribery can be easier to organize. I mean, how much of a hassle would it be having to pay politicians in all 50 states tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for 'speeches'.
    I'm trying to figure out why people think that private industry whose first priority is indeed profit, with no doubts about that, is somehow better than the government controling health care... i really don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Says someone who lives in Ontario, Canada, where healthcare is a nightmare, doctors and nurses are begging for help, you can wait 6 months to get a basic MRI or procedure and the province is 300 billion in debt.

Seriously, your gall is unbelievable, and you need to be called out on it.
    I don't know if you know this but America literally spends the most in the world per capita on health care, because our health care cost are extremely high, and the prices of our health care are essentially propped up to extreme levels by insurance companies being there.