Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Prot is immortal right now only because of a high mastery value and the ratio of AP:HP. With lvl110 you get lot more HP out of 1 point of stamina, resulting in getting less rage from taking the same amount of damage. So enjoy immortal mode for now, since it will become pretty-decent-mode with lvl110.
    Have you actually tested that on beta? The Str:Stam ratio seems to be pretty even on items. Artifact increases stamina by 25.5% when maxed. On the other hand, Dragon Skin increases ignore pain absorption by 6% at all times and Dragon Scales can proc for an additional +60%.

When it comes to secondary stats, there's actually not as much of a difference as you'd expect. Blizzard really scaled up secondary stats at the beginning of the expansion (at the cost of secondary stats no longer increasing as much with ilevel). If you wanted to stack mastery for soloing, you could easily get >10k in pre-raid gear which is +43% for 55% total mastery. That's pretty comparable to what you have in current endgame gear when stacking mastery (and possibly even higher).

The only real loss when it comes to your absorption per damage taken (or absorbed) ratio is your set bonuses.

By the way, this isn't only based on theory but I'm also seeing these numbers when actually comparing live and beta characters. With not very optimized gear, just the tooltip value of ignore pain (which is missing Never Surrender and Dragon Scales) is still ~36% of total HP.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-08-16 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Have you actually tested that on beta? The Str:Stam ratio seems to be pretty even on items. Artifact increases stamina by 25.5% when maxed. On the other hand, Dragon Skin increases ignore pain absorption by 6% at all times and Dragon Scales can proc for an additional +60%.

When it comes to secondary stats, there's actually not as much of a difference as you'd expect. Blizzard really scaled up secondary stats at the beginning of the expansion (at the cost of secondary stats no longer increasing as much with ilevel). If you wanted to stack mastery for soloing, you could easily get >10k in pre-raid gear which is +43% for 55% total mastery. That's pretty comparable to what you have in current endgame gear when stacking mastery (and possibly even higher).

The only real loss when it comes to your absorption per damage taken (or absorbed) ratio is your set bonuses.

By the way, this isn't only based on theory but I'm also seeing these numbers when actually comparing live and beta characters. With not very optimized gear, just the tooltip value of ignore pain (which is missing Never Surrender and Dragon Scales) is still ~36% of total HP.
    As mentioned I don't care about str:stam I care about AP:HP ratio. Which won't be the same since HP per Stam will double in Legion and AP won't get boosted the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    As mentioned I don't care about str:stam I care about AP:HP ratio. Which won't be the same since HP per Stam will double in Legion and AP won't get boosted the same way.
    You might want to inform yourself because you're spreading nonsense.

Taking premade beta warriors for example, the level 100 one has 460k HP at 7,680 stamina while the level 110 one has 2064k HP at 34,414 stamina. That's exactly 60 HP / stamina at both levels (with the same talents of course).

I kinda feel like Fury needs victory rush or something outside of the Enraged Regeneration window, that or it's CD lowered from 3 minutes down to 2 maybe. During ER you can heal to full since it lasts 8 seconds and the CD of BT is about 4 seconds which gets you 2 BTs off and during the ER window BT heals for 20% more of your HP, but outside of that you have nothing, BT only heals for what 3% normally. You can't even kill off an add on the side and get some HP back with victory rush anymore like the other specs can.

I've been doing some Pandaria raids with friends for mount drops and achievements, and I'm really feeling it during the crazy aoes that go out on heroic modes, if we can't just burst stuff down insanely fast, I always seem to be the one eating the dirt if I don't have ER on CD.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.