Deleted

Why is my spec constantly switching?

Hello. Just noticed that whenever I enter or leave an instance my spec changes. It even changes when entering a legion invasion.

Prot > Change to Fury > Portal to Uldum> Prot > Change to Fury > Enter TotFW changes to Prot > Leave, changes to Fury > Enter invasion changes to Prot.

Am I missing some sort of 'set main spec' feature?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you enter a dungeon your spec changes to what you queued. Make sure you're queueing as what you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Hello. Just noticed that whenever I enter or leave an instance my spec changes. It even changes when entering a legion invasion.

Prot > Change to Fury > Portal to Uldum> Prot > Change to Fury > Enter TotFW changes to Prot > Leave, changes to Fury > Enter invasion changes to Prot.

Am I missing some sort of 'set main spec' feature?

Thanks.
    I'd suggest checking what spec you have checked in the dungeon finder. I remember reading that you can quest as dps, and queue as a tank; then it would automatically switch specs for you, and automatically switch back to dps once you're back to questing.

Maybe it is treating these dynamic groups (like the invasions) as a dungeon finder style group and automatically speccing you as tank, or something similar to that. Totally guessing here, but if you make sure you check the box you want to stick with in the dungeon finder for dps or whatever, maybe it'll fix the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    When you enter a dungeon your spec changes to what you queued. Make sure you're queueing as what you want to play.
    How do you queue to invasions? Maybe it's the lootspec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'm damage in both PvE and PvP.

I was having this problem for a few days but only on my priest. Would randomly swap to holy, once when I was just standing in my garrison. Anytime I'd port anywhere or enter/exit an instance, it'd swap. It stopped happening yesterday though.