Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's an event where the only thing you have to do to level and get gear is show up and people are complaining they aren't getting enough exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, it was a bit overkill with that amount of XP connected with many of the low levels not even assisting on it. So, was a needed fix.
    Exactly. Although with my lowbie (being a healer) assisting was pointless. Heals don't scale.

It's still a collateral nerf because it takes more actual time to complete the invasions -- and you therefore can spend less time on other alts to do it. It's a nerf if you were trying to use invasions to level up more than one alt in a finite window of time.

Best fix would just be to fix the exp you get from attacking/killing the monsters, right now even if a npc or something hits it you lose almost all the exp, would also solve the problem of people just standing afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It's still a collateral nerf because it takes more actual time to complete the invasions -- and you therefore can spend less time on other alts to do it. It's a nerf if you were trying to use invasions to level up more than one alt in a finite window of time.
    Yep I wanted to level a ally paladin and my goblin rogue. Now Ill be lucky if I level my paladin. It takes 4hours/6invasions to do what 4hours/2 invasions was doing for me on one character.

So to match it I need to do 12 invasions (6 per character) in 4 hours. Not 4 invasions in 4 hours like before.

Also the XP from killing stuff is trash.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Blame the twitch streamers and youtubers posting videos of it all weekend. idiots doing shit like that gets stuff nerfed to the ground
    POWERED BY THE RED RAGE OF OUR CUSTOMERS, THIS IRON STEED WILL VALIANTLY LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE FOR THE ONLY FEW WEEKS YOU WILL USE IT. TAKES ONLY $30 AND YOUR SOUL TO ENJOY THE MOUNT EVERY OTHER PERSON HAS. BUY NOOOW.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    If they cut your wage in half but gave you three times as many hours of work would you say your pay had been boosted?

Here are my findings:

Last night @ level 95:

~54k per stages 1-3 and ~256k for final (54+54+54+256=418k), I don't remember the exact numbers but these are close.

so, ~836k for 2 invasions every 4 hours.

Today @ level 95:

14400+28750+21550+107850=159550, these are exact numbers.

so, 957300 for 6 invasions every 4 hours.

(Both of these sets of numbers came from the chat log for s1-3, and the s4 number came from the xp gained showing up under the map where the tracker was.)

Regardless of your numbers this is ~15% increase in the amount of xp from last night, just have to put a little more effort into them now.

This is a nerf to leveling more than 1 character with them as I've found it takes around 20mins to fly to and complete an invasion so you can do maybe 2 characters per set (every 2 hours), where as before you could do 5 or 6 characters per set (every 4 hours).
    Last edited by Hadard; 2016-08-16 at 07:08 PM.
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Rested XP didn't ever effect it, it only effects mob XP and draenor treasures
    no...... it affects quests, arch, mining, ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    just have to put a little more effort into them now.
    False. Takes zero more effort, just a lot more time. That is what people are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    Regardless of your numbers this is ~15% increase in the amount of xp from last night, just have to put a little more effort into them now.
    You are not factoring in how long they now take and travel time. For people without flying or 280% flying this is NOT a gain at all. It will take some people the full 2hours to just do the 3 that is up do to both invasion complete time and travel time.

And for those with the flying ya its a 15% increased amount.....If you do 6 in 4 hours. I can make more XP spamming dungeons from 90 to 100 then you can doing 6 invasions.

The point was this was new and a better way to level and it was temp leveling. Now its worse then questing/dungeon spamming. Also from 90-100 its much faster to do all bonus's and treasure's then invasions.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    And lowbie chars have a LONG travel time between all of them as well. So add another 20-40 mins in traveling time.
    taxis are slower than riding/slow flying? srsly?

"This is less leveling XP than I can get by my other totally optimal method. Therefore it's completely useless. Thanks Blizz."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    no...... it affects quests, arch, mining, ...
    Nope, I was right:

When rested, your XP bar will turn blue, and a notch will appear indicating exactly how rested you are. (If there isn't enough room to show it on your current XP bar, it will show up after you gain a level.) You will earn double XP from killing monsters, mining ore nodes, gathering herbs, collecting archaeology fragments, and opening chests while rested until your XP bar fills to the notch.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Rest#Consuming_rest

Yep and tell me where a FP is for a horde character in Dun Morogh....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    A possible fix could be that trash actually award EXP, but they left them at this broken status where even NPCs drain EXP when they hit your trash.
    Would be a good possible side thing, but as they don't do it like that, I guess to avoid mass tagging - this looked to be a way.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Exactly. Although with my lowbie (being a healer) assisting was pointless. Heals don't scale.
    Hehe, that is true, sadly. The event for a healer is just to stay alive and prey.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

"This is less leveling XP than I can get by my other totally optimal method. Therefore it's completely useless. Thanks Blizz."
    You have to discover the taxis first.

Cba with this at this slow ass rate. I'll get my alt to 60 so my profs get maxed when I use my 100 boost, but giving up on leveling to 100 through invasions. GJ Blizz, GJ.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep and tell me where a FP is for a horde character in Dun Morogh....
    Don't do that one and Westfall then? Make a friend in game who has an extra seat in a mount? What people complain about is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...each trash I solo gets mw 1k XP
    Unless its hit by someone else, or a guard... or a level 100, which reduces the EXP gained to mighty 6!