Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They upscale the mob and do nothing. Making the event take 3-4 times longer than what they would have done if people wherent afk leeching. I am doing it myself. But yes. it does affect others.
    AFK people dont upscale monster, since they dont attack them.

Deleted
    A level per invasion would of been reasonable. Even with 6 invasions per hour you are still limited by time (time to complete the invasion and time to travel to the next one). currently it's like half a level per invasion which just feels really pointless.

Maybe they don't upscale them. But events would still be done way faster if everyone just attacked. But oh well. Its the way blizzard designed it

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    oh no, we got an alternative leveling method for 3 weeks, how horrible, it better be nerfed so everyone can go back to dungeons or 10y old quests and ignore the invasions.
    To clarify I am happily leveling using this method (still)...
    -Awesome sig by Darthne-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.

You're forgetting the travel time esp for alts that can't fly.

Just finished the Azshara Invasion. Took us 30 minutes. Only reason I could even remotely see to bother with invasions now is if you wanted to drop an alt in the zone and minimize WoW to go play some other game. As others have said, the XP/hr is so bad now that I would have to want to not play the game in order to get any benefit out of them for leveling.

When I participate on a lowbie, I run up and tag the ones that provide shards.

Then I run for it, risking reseting the boss, and definitely making it stronger.

But on the plus side, I'm not afk'ing, so that's good. Right?

Deleted
    I think it might be the same (I admit I am too lazy right now to look up what the numbers were previously) but you need to do six invasions in four hours (three every two hours) to roughly attain the same result for which you only had to do two invasions every four hours. However, I am not sure whether it is actually doable to complete all three within two hours as someone below level 60 as the travel time can be quite high).

So yeah, if you don't mind having to put three times the previous effort in to achieve the same result, you won't notice anything. I don't really feel like that though. Doing two invasions every four hours was great, three every two is way too much. These are not that interesting at all and even if the were I think almost everyone has errands to run at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Maybe they don't upscale them. But events would still be done way faster if everyone just attacked. But oh well. Its the way blizzard designed it
    That isn't true either. Not everyone does great damage. Hell, some people afk because they lag too bad in invasions. Do you want people that have garbage gear or lagging bad to try and fight? They upscale the boss just like anyone else but contribute less than an average person? Try and think things through and not just looking through that red veil of hate.

kind of dumb way to do it.

if invasions picked up then xp should have too.

now it's just 10x more effort for same reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That isn't true either. Not everyone does great damage. Hell, some people afk because they lag too bad in invasions. Do you want people that have garbage gear or lagging bad to try and fight? They upscale the boss just like anyone else but contribute less than an average person? Try and think things through and not just looking through that red veil of hate.
    Yeah, this. People who just go AFK and don't do anything at least don't make it harder for anyone else as no attack = no additional health on target(s).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That would be too much.. Even before the nerf it was half a level per invasion and that was ridiculous.
    I should of said pre-90, before the nerf at level 60 it was like 1-2 levels per invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You're forgetting the travel time esp for alts that can't fly.
    Which is especially bad for alliance chars, because those don't have acces to Zeppelins connecting Eastern Kingdoms (both north and south) to Kalimdor.

For Horde it's really just Dun Morogh/Tanaris which is hard to reach, for Alliance it's the three Kalimdor Zones (though barrens is ok via boat from Booty Bay) and Hillsbrad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to take longer too on invasions....less players now so longer time periods between each one and then add in travel time....non flying alts are not going to make it so easily now in the time frames.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Which is especially bad for alliance chars, because those don't have acces to Zeppelins connecting Eastern Kingdoms (both north and south) to Kalimdor.

For Horde it's really just Dun Morogh/Tanaris which is hard to reach, for Alliance it's the three Kalimdor Zones (though barrens is ok via boat from Booty Bay) and Hillsbrad.
    And westfall for horde.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ye exp/hour is so bad now only reason to do it is if you wanna afk instead of spamming dungeons. It is kinda of a boost in exp if you only did the invasions and nothing inbetween, but for people who did it on 1 character and spammed dungeons when waiting for a new rotation, its a huuge nerf.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2016-08-16 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    With the zeppelin it's one of the easy-to-reach zones.
    What zeppelin gets a level 50 horde to westfall? I am seriously asking.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Except not...

Let's use the real numbers shall we, after all WoW players love big numbers...

I was getting 88,000 (heirlooms) per stage of an invasion, each invasion consists of 4 stages. That gives us 352,000 for one whole invasion, but there were two invasions. 704,000 experience per 4 hours.

Now, however...

44,000 x 4 = 176,000 x 3 = 528,000 experience every 4 hours. So no, no where near a boost. Even more so a nerf considering how many people have stopped bothering with invasions and now take 30 - 60 minutes just to complete one.
    If you were to use real numbers, which you did not, you'd realize we get more XP now than before. Someone on Reddit did the actual maths:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...sion_exp_nerf/

I never said I agreed with the change. But XP did get buffed.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And westfall for horde.
    Isn't there a Zeppelin to Northern Stranglethorn though? So it's really quite easy to reach once you can fly over the mountains connecting to Westfall.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Isn't there a Zeppelin to Northern Stranglethorn though? So it's really quite easy to reach once you can fly over the mountains connecting to Westfall.
    When ur trying to make decent time I wouldn't call that easy. Also kinda my point on the travel time being longer now. Until u get flying its a pain in the ass.