Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwarden View Post
    When a character turns stronger and wiser due to hardships, we call it character development.

When a character gets more jaded and pragmatic and renounces some of their past ideals due to hardships, we call it bad writing.

Jaina and Genn are that bad writing. The extreme hardships of losing their family, their land, their friends and family to a clear enemy should have only turned them into better, kinder, more loving people. Just look what happened with Sylvanas after a similar ordeal.
    Thats not even remotely bad writing. If they made every character like the way you say is good writing, we would have every character being basically the exact same. Right now, we have different leaders with different goals and different beliefs, which is really good.

Jaina believes the horde is shit and is destructive wants revenge for the hordes actions against theramore and at the broken shore. Whether Anduin believes she shouldnt be hellbent on revenge, she believes she should, which is good writing because that makes her a different character, which is good.

Genn believes Sylvanas is shit and wants revenge for events that unfolded a long time ago and after he saw her ditch the horde. Whether thats what happened or not doesnt matter, because Genn believes it happened and thats exactly what makes him his own character.

Velen wants revenge for his son and his people. Hes tired of sitting around and just being the prophet, so now he wants in on the action and wants to take his home back for his people.

Malfurion wants to rescue Cenarius and cleanse the emerald nightmare along with Tyrande.

Anduin wants peace among the factions but also wants the factions united against the Legion.

The dwarf leaders are focused on Magnis return.

See, thats not bad writing at all. If they did what you call good writing, every character would get wiser and stronger due to hardships and every character would be the same. The way we have now is just fine, every character has dealt with different ordeals, and every character deals with them in their own way. They do there own thing and believe in their own ideals. Thats exactly how it should be and thats how it is.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-08-16 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Genn is an idiot, that's why. In legion he's going after the Forsaken instead of The Legion (AFTER Anduin, his new king, tells the Alliance leaders to focus on the Legion and they NEED the Horde to defeat the Legion) Genn is jeopardising that by letting his emotions get in the way
    But...that wasn't genn, that was most likely sky admiral rodgers yelling out "FUCK THE RULES" to anduins orders, and shooting at sylvanas.

OT: I have no problem as to why they're mad, but please...just focus on the legion for NOW! What's worse, having a war against a dying faction, or losing the ballte against intergalactic demons, with a god who can cleave planets, if not MORE!?! There's not much of a choice in this case.

He can order Jaina to let Horde into Dalaran, but can't stop Genn from starting war himself?
    1) She's human and he's pretty much her leader.
    2) He still doesn't have that power. The council of six, which are the leaders of Dalaran as well as the territories under control of Dalaran are the ones that vote to allow Horde back into Dalaran. Anduin told her to let them in, she flat out refused saying "We will help, but no Horde are stepping in MY city."

That being said, I think those two have very good reasons to hate the Horde, and are justified in their hate.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-08-16 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Her head on a plate, nothing less.
    Echoing this, there's no redemption for her. Let her own lust for 'vengeance' lead her to the tips of our swords.

They actually have the balls to stand up to the Horde and call them out, which is an unforgivable crime to many Horde players. Alliance are supposed to just roll over and die in their eyes.

Genn is an idiot, that's why. In legion he's going after the Forsaken instead of The Legion (AFTER Anduin, his new king, tells the Alliance leaders to focus on the Legion and they NEED the Horde to defeat the Legion) Genn is jeopardising that by letting his emotions get in the way
    Genn is really messed up now it's like he went from total asshole to humbled and wise leader to a mix of both his traits now. From the alliance viewpoint it looked like they were abandoned by the horde, but they didn't even see the Horde getting raped from behind by the leader worse than the orc that impregnated Garona's mom. The problem was that the alliance got too cocky and the legion had more than one trick up their sleeves and it not only forced the horde to bail at the worse moment. but also make it look like every, especially Genn like they left them to die.

Kil'Jaeden most be laughing his ass of after the asskicking the legion gave us.

Because Genn and Jaina are the only Alliance characters who actively dislike the Horde and express that.

And we all know that the Horde fanboys get triggered to high heaven when anybody is rightfully upset at their bullshit, sperging out and talking about how its bad writing that a character changes when their homeland and child are murdered by a Horde leader or when their city they built and called home is nuked by the Horde.

It's like worrying about someone who ran a red light when the whole city is on fire. It's beyond idiotic. The Legion wants to literally destroy this world. Why in the world would you care about the Horde who clearly is not going to actively fight you at the moment? Deal with them later. Bigger fish to fry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because Genn and Jaina are the only Alliance characters who actively dislike the Horde and express that.

And we all know that the Horde fanboys get triggered to high heaven when anybody is rightfully upset at their bullshit, sperging out and talking about how its bad writing that a character changes when their homeland and child are murdered by a Horde leader or when their city they built and called home is nuked by the Horde.
    But it's utterly non-sensical right now. Horde isn't going to destroy the world.

It's possible another Garrosh arises but not now. Deal with that then. Not now when it's also in the Horde's best interest to destroy the Legion.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    But it's utterly non-sensical right now. Horde isn't going to destroy the world.

It's possible another Garrosh arises but not now. Deal with that then. Not now when it's also in the Horde's best interest to destroy the Legion.
    Because as we all know the Horde has never taken advantage of these big events to fuck over the Alliance...

Oh wait they have every time.

Because they're white people, duh.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    1) She's human and he's pretty much her leader.
    2) He still doesn't have that power. The council of six, which are the leaders of Dalaran as well as the territories under control of Dalaran are the ones that vote to allow Horde back into Dalaran. Anduin told her to let them in, she flat out refused saying "We will help, but no Horde are stepping in MY city."

That being said, I think those two have very good reasons to hate the Horde, and are justified in their hate.
    I think Genn got more reason to hate the horde than Jaina, she has seen the good in us but her daddy when Garrosh on the horde, did Thrall hate her for it. no. When Garrosh has a dipshit and nuked Theramore like the bastard he was, Jaina when full bitch on the horde and lastly which is the final straw, was that she tried to play make lady macbeth on Varian and make him start a fight after the fucker than ruined theramore was beaten by both the Alliance AND the horde, who also got sick of his shit. If Jaina was cool she'd be like. " I am glad the horde got some sense but I need some time to trust you guys again" But nope. She is bi-polar after the bombing and she is more about dissing the horde that she is being the sweet n' badass mage we all used to know.

Jaina died that theramore.

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    If Jaina was cool she'd be like. " I am glad the horde got some sense but I need some time to trust you guys again" But nope. She is bi-polar after the bombing and she is more about dissing the horde that she is being the sweet n' badass mage we all used to know.

Jaina died that theramore.
    How many chances does Jaina need to seriously give the Horde before its OK for her to hate them? 10? 15? 500?

Seriously, shes been fucked over by the Horde like 5 separate times. I think shes had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Because as we all know the Horde has never taken advantage of these big events to fuck over the Alliance...

Oh wait they have every time.
    They cannot destroy the world. The Legion is an infinitely larger threat.

I think her decision to kill all the elves in Dalaran wasn't really wise. Honestly, had she waited another week or so she could have had them on HER side getting revenge against the real perpetrators of the Theramore bombing. But aside from that, I don't see any of her decisions being horrible or her writing bad.

The only writing that's bad is that she's got a thing with Kalecgos and I really wish the whole Sunwell trilogy gets forgotten by now it was the shittiest writing of Warcraft fiction to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    They cannot destroy the world. The Legion is an infinitely larger threat.
    Getting killed by Legion or Horde has the same effect, you're dead.

When standing up to the Horde is slang for inviting the militia's of TWO foreign groups into the Kingdom to attack innocent citizens.. then yeah, she stands up to the Horde.
    It's like people completely forget the Alliance has been killing and enslaving civilians long before they targeted blood elves.

Getting killed by Legion or Horde has the same effect, you're dead.
    The Horde can't kill (and that's still a large assumption without a universal guarantee as they have worked together before like in Dragon Soul without incident) as many people as the Legion. Horde could never conquer Stormwind or the rest of the Alliance. Legion easily can.

She could start with actually attacking the people that hurt her?
    Drowning a city full of innocents or having a genocide in another city (again against innocent people) isn't going to help her.
    And she should stop playing the victim-card.
    She aided the Alliance in a war against the Horde, she got bitch-slapped because of that.
    So when the Sunreavers betray the Kirin Tor and steal the divine bell, they are victims because they were helping the Horde by just following orders.
    Yet when Jaina doesnt betray the Kirin Tor by helping the Night Elves protect it herself without any help so Garrosh does get it, shes guilty and deserves what she got.

Classic Horde victim complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So when the Sunreavers betray the Kirin Tor and steal the divine bell, they are victims because they were helping the Horde by just following orders.
    Yet when Jaina doesnt betray the Kirin Tor by helping the Night Elves protect it herself without any help so Garrosh does get it, shes guilty and deserves what she got.

Classic Horde victim complex.
    ONE sunreaver. Technically both he and Jaina were breaking their neutrality by aiding either side.