Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    All those free addons that we have been using. You can kiss the free part goodbye. Bet the farm we see some type of monetization. If Amazon/twitch didn't see a viable way to make a steady profit they wouldn't have even bothered. Imagine if all your addons just disappeared. Now imagine what you would give to have them back. Addons like DBM , I see $4.99 a month. would you give it? You can bet somebody , somewhere is figuring up what the community would give for each addon and at a decent price that they know the customer will give. The wheels are turning...
    curse wont charge for addons in a game, cos someone will make a client justl ike curse did for free

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    It Has Begun! For those that don't know, Twitch is owned by Amazon.

Sweet! Now with AMazon prime,prime now,Amazon fresh...one more thing I use daily that Amazon will get my $$ for!

Deleted
    tbh amazon are not big evil corporate villans like,google,MS,apple,activision,ea etc, amazon owns twitch do they charge any extra stuff no they dnt, you can watch channels for free your not forced to subscribe or buy turbo and nothing will change here

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    curse wont charge for addons in a game, cos someone will make a client justl ike curse did for free
    There is free Curse and Premium Curse already.

Blizz already has taken a stand against paying for addons, (Curse premium you are paying for the fast,simultaneous addon downloads not the addons, so they say)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Sweet! Now with AMazon prime,prime now,Amazon fresh...one more thing I use daily that Amazon will get my $$ for!
    your choice if you get prime and fresh off amazon and your bitching about it, heres a solution stop using the services

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    There is free Curse and Premium Curse already. Blizz already has taken a stand against paying for addons, (Curse premium you are paying for the fast,simultaneous addon downloads not the addons, so they say)
    like i said u dnt have to pay $ to use the client do you, curse premium is pointless, most people dnt have alot of addons to warrant premium and if you do then i bet your game screen on wow looks terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    All those free addons that we have been using. You can kiss the free part goodbye. Bet the farm we see some type of monetization. If Amazon/twitch didn't see a viable way to make a steady profit they wouldn't have even bothered. Imagine if all your addons just disappeared. Now imagine what you would give to have them back. Addons like DBM , I see $4.99 a month. would you give it? You can bet somebody , somewhere is figuring up what the community would give for each addon and at a decent price that they know the customer will give. The wheels are turning...
    lol what the fuck are you talking about? You realize these addons are just uploaded on the Curse website and aren't being developed by actual Curse employees, right?

Also Curse is a garbage company, has always been a garbage company, and will continue to be garbage after this purchase. I really wish it would just die out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I will now end all of my posts in OT with either the phrase "kappa" or "raise your dongers". You're welcome.

Also, posts in OT will involve 300000% more emojis.
    admiralW ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    So more ads now? yay?
    get an adblocker srsly

So uhm, you know that posting on Curse doesn't mean they own your addon right? Even if they have a "we can do what we want with your addon" clause for uploaders, the original author retains the copyright and the right to upload it to any other website they want for free -- which would probably kill Curse as everybody seeking those addons would abandon it for the free alternatives. Not happening.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    lol what the fuck are you talking about? You realize these addons are just uploaded on the Curse website and aren't being developed by actual Curse employees, right?

Also Curse is a garbage company, has always been a garbage company, and will continue to be garbage after this purchase. I really wish it would just die out.
    Making this post while on a Curse site of all places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Making this post while on a Curse site of all places.
    I also use the Curse website to download my addons. Just because I hate a company doesn't mean that it isn't convenient.

Also, I started using this website before it became apart of the network and I was sad to see that they acquired this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

get an adblocker srsly
    Adblock still lets abs through if they pay for it. Just browse MMO champ on mobile, the ads are out of control.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I also use the Curse website to download my addons. Just because I hate a company doesn't mean that it isn't convenient.

Also, I started using this website before it became apart of the network and I was sad to see that they acquired this site.
    What's your issue with Curse exactly?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    There is already a thread about this in the video games forum.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ch-family-quot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Adblock still lets abs through if they pay for it. Just browse MMO champ on mobile, the ads are out of control.
    ok you can get adguard i use facebook and it works, and mobiles have adblockers to please do research before saying what you said. also its useful to have otehr privacy addons to help kill ads like ghostery and noscript etc, i have deep knowledge in internet security and privacy

ok you can get adguard i use facebook and it works, and mobiles have adblockers to please do research before saying what you said. also its useful to have otehr privacy addons to help kill ads like ghostery and noscript etc, i have deep knowledge in internet security and privacy
    Lol, cmon I have seen some of your posts. You don't have deep knowledge you have asked simple questions regarding this issue.

Curse has no rights with the addons, nor do they create them. They only help with distribution.

For someone whose does their research, you keep pushing Adblock which has been proven to be worthless and easily by-passed.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's kind of funny in it's own way.
    Actually it's rather terrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Curse has no rights with the addons, nor do they create them. They only help with distribution.
    Same can be said with Steam and Skyrim mods. But they sure as hell tried a way to profit from them. Glad that failed.