Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Rewards for Karazhan Quest

Hi,
    are the gloves already scaling in some way? Because I way itemlevel 729 on my warrior and got level 700 gloves, which are not good enough to wear of course. So I thought "well, let's do it on my demon hunter, he can use them!" The DH has a 701 item´level. So I did the quest as demon hunter and got 685 gloves, which are again not good enough to wear.
    ... Is this intended to troll us? Is the reward system in legion working the same way? Always give us loot that is too bad to use?

Yes, that's the plan.

So this is the first time you got a quest reward and you already had an item that was better?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yes, that's the plan.

So this is the first time you got a quest reward and you already had an item that was better?
    DId you even read the post? He did it on 2 different toons and got different ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Hi,
    are the gloves already scaling in some way? Because I way itemlevel 729 on my warrior and got level 700 gloves, which are not good enough to wear of course. So I thought "well, let's do it on my demon hunter, he can use them!" The DH has a 701 item´level. So I did the quest as demon hunter and got 685 gloves, which are again not good enough to wear.
    ... Is this intended to troll us? Is the reward system in legion working the same way? Always give us loot that is too bad to use?
    Will the quest still be in when the launch event is over? Because if so it makes sense. Its a piece of loot for characters who level through WoD into Legion after launch.
    Same with the Broken Shore scenario.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    DId you even read the post? He did it on 2 different toons and got different ilvls
    Bohoo, poor kid!

Broken Shore quest has some weird issues

Alliance = Ring is ilvl700
    Horde = Ring is ilvl685

I've done it on a bunch of both factions and on the Horde I only had ilvl700 once when it procced and epic upgrade, otherwise all my horde chars got ilvl685 rings and my Alliance got ilvl700. Haven't tested the Ulduar/Karazhan quest on alliance yet.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Bohoo, poor kid!
    What? Are you mentally handicapped or something? He's asking if this is a bug or some kind of weird design choice. Nobody is whining about anything

To follow up on this, Alliance gets ilvl700 gloves from Karazhan quest, Horde gets ilvl685.. So it's consisten with Broken Shore and Karazhan.

Indeed, I have of course no problem with quest rewards that are worse than my current gear (or else EVERY quest would be a upgrade and that would be really weird), but if there is some sort of scaling implemented I do not understand why it generates gear that is a downgrade in any case. (e.g. what happens when I come there with a item level 685 character - do I get a level 675 glove then which I AGAIN will not use?)
    This seems weird since they put a cool effect on that item and it is the rewards for a story quest line leading into a new addon so I am assuming that IF scaling is involved then the intention should be that the gloves are a upgrade for most characters. I would totally understand if they do not want to give out e.g. item level 730 gloves, but then why give the level 701 DH 685 gloves? That just doesn't make sense

Edit: By the way, both my chars are alliance and on the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    To follow up on this, Alliance gets ilvl700 gloves from Karazhan quest, Horde gets ilvl685.. So it's consisten with Broken Shore and Karazhan.
    My gloves were 685. I'm Alliance.

I got 685 gloves on my 735 ally hunter. So it sounds like 685 is the base level with a chance to roll 700?

Alliance player and both of my rings from the broken shore and the gloves from kharazan questline have been 685

To note, all of my toons are 650~ ilvl

*edit*

seems like in the minute since I posted this and rechecked my toons they had been upgraded to 700
    Last edited by Naffy; 2016-08-16 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Hotfix

They stealth buffed the Broken Shore & Karazhan rewards from 685 to 700. Got 685 gloves earlier on my DH and when I just checked they were bumped to 700. Same for the ring.

I got 685 gloves and I'm Alliance. My ilvl is 700.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

So am I just supposed to kill demons in Dalaran until something happens? Or until next Tuesday?

I thought they are 685 and can upgrade to 700 sometimes like draenor quest rewards.
    Last edited by kellamknight; 2016-08-16 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Indeed, I have of course no problem with quest rewards that are worse than my current gear (or else EVERY quest would be a upgrade and that would be really weird), but if there is some sort of scaling implemented I do not understand why it generates gear that is a downgrade in any case. (e.g. what happens when I come there with a item level 685 character - do I get a level 675 glove then which I AGAIN will not use?)
    This seems weird since they put a cool effect on that item and it is the rewards for a story quest line leading into a new addon so I am assuming that IF scaling is involved then the intention should be that the gloves are a upgrade for most characters. I would totally understand if they do not want to give out e.g. item level 730 gloves, but then why give the level 701 DH 685 gloves? That just doesn't make sense

Edit: By the way, both my chars are alliance and on the same server.

Im not sure what is up with the scaling. I got ilvl 700 as Horde. The proc effect is very strong however. it hits for 60-70k and proc's very often so ilvl is not a good way to judge the value of the gloves.

On horde I always got ilvl685, on my alliance I always got ilvl700. Not talking about a proc either, it showed ilvl700 as the quest reward in the quest for my mage the other day for the Broken Shore ring, and today with my Druid for the Karazhan gloves, directly after doing it on Horde (literally in last 20mins) and getting ilvl685.

On horde I always got ilvl685, on my alliance I always got ilvl700. Not talking about a proc either, it showed ilvl700 as the quest reward in the quest for my mage the other day for the Broken Shore ring, and today with my Druid for the Karazhan gloves, directly after doing it on Horde (literally in last 20mins) and getting ilvl685.

Cant you read? The rewards were buffed to 700

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Cant you read? The rewards were buffed to 700
    Oh yeah?

Well I just took this picture, 5 seconds ago