Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've done dozens, literally all day long almost non-stop. Not a single one has taken longer than 20-25 minutes, most are 15-20. Maybe 30 including travel time (I only fly to them, if it's not a place I can flight path my lowbies don't go there)

And for reference, before the changes - yesterday - they were taking me around 15 minutes to complete. So.
    you couldn't done dozen post xp nerf (4 hours ago).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's a nerf to total XP if you have several characters because of the time investment on a given character.
    I think it's a bigger issue for people who have a limited amount of time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sooo you're completly missing the point where a lot of people only gget to play of an evening because of you know this thing called "Working" for a living! seriously I wish I could sit on my arse all day like some of you kids and grind it out but nooo I get a couple of hours in the evening and just because it didn't affect you doesnt mean it didn't affect other people...

Jesus honestly this is why welfare pisses me off.
    loool I have a full-time, 40 hour a week job. I take 15 seconds to hop on a flight path / zep per invasion. Nice assumptions tho.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    you couldn't done dozen post xp nerf (4 hours ago).
    What region are you in ? They've been at 3 per 2 hours for around 7 or so hours for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I only worked off what info you gave. Bolded for ya just incase you missed it.
    Yes, and I explained that it takes just a few seconds for me to hop on a flight path to an invasion zone, plus I have an hour for lunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think it's a bigger issue for people who have a limited amount of time to play.
    I won't disagree with that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What region are you in ? They've been at 3 per 2 hours for around 7 or so hours for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and I explained that it takes just a few seconds for me to hop on a flight path to an invasion zone, plus I have an hour for lunch.
    Many people can't play video games at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE! http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...age=8#post-154

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx
    Thanks for your feedback so far. We've forwarded the concerns expressed since this morning along to the development team, and I'll make sure to share any updates that come along.

Increasing the cap on this thread as well.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

If term of relative time investment, it's a nerf. We call this efficiency. In term of overall absolute time, it's a buff.
    Its a nerf if you were doing more than one character but yes if you just stick to one char only it is a buff overall

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You tell me getting a entire level off of 2 invasions is unbalanced and yet recommend me spending $60 to get a instant 100 is a better option.

Fucken LOL do you do marketing for blizzard?
    Considering most people AFK during invasions I wouldn't exactly call it compelling gameplay to be power leveled from them like that. Otherwise you wouldn't AFK through them...

So if it's too much effort to run around and do 4 invasions then take the easy way out and boost. Alternatively you can level exactly the same way we always did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    15k xp from stage 1 at level 83 and 32k-ish from stage 4. Basically quest experience now. Not worth doing them.

Is it so bad to have a break from the dungeon spam for a while and do something more enjoyable? :P
    Except when you don't have to press any buttons to earn that exp. Only run to the invasion. That's why it was nerfed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubulous View Post
    Its a nerf if you were doing more than one character but yes if you just stick to one char only it is a buff overall
    Thank you! Finally someone who gets it!
    Google Diversity Memo

I was always talking about XP rates per character, as per my first post.
    And so was I. My point being, the rate per character is nerfed when you have more that 1 (or MAYBE 2) because invasions take time and there are only so many that can be done in 4 hours. Which, as a lot of folks in this forum have pointed out, is what really counts here. The extra time you have to spend getting a bit more XP on one character is more than offset by the fact that you could have spent that time getting XP on other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Tell that to alts that can't fly yet inbetween areas...
    Not with that attitude.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

The XP was a nice bonus.
    The fact that the event and the rewards scaled to low level characters at all is a first.
    And a welcome leveraging of the new scaling tech.

I am utilising low level characters to get the appearances, and sure the XP was nice.
    But it could easily be argued to be excessive, being outright superior to any other source.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The XP was a nice bonus.
    The fact that the event and the rewards scaled to low level characters at all is a first.
    And a welcome leveraging of the new scaling tech.

I am utilising low level characters to get the appearances, and sure the XP was nice.
    But it could easily be argued to be excessive, being outright superior to any other source.
    isn't it ok for it to be excessive and superior to any other source during the duration of the invasion, though? this is a once in a lifetime event meant to create hype and bring people back in the game and get them prepared and excited for legion. it was doing a great job of that for me, but now i have almost no interest in playing the game and am back to playing overwatch instead.

i can't be bothered to level a character through the same boring content i've seen over and over again. i'm sick of it, and so are a lot of other people. this was a nice alternative that they got rid of for seemingly little good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Must be server dependent. I see "most" people actively fighting and getting the job done in about 15 mins. Guess I am on a lucky server (cluster) and not everyone takes the cynical "fuck you" approach
    How can you tell what most people are doing when the idlers are far up or away in some corner of the zone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sessava View Post
    i can't be bothered to level a character through the same boring content i've seen over and over again..
    So instead you were leveling through the same boring content you've seen over and over again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Except when you don't have to press any buttons to earn that exp. Only run to the invasion. That's why it was nerfed.
    Have they actually stated why it was "nerfed"? It's a buff if you can do them all, all the time. PvP realm don't help either. Some level 100s actually seek out low levels to kill. This is part of the reason why people just afk through it.

Nothing changed i would say.

Those that did Invasion because they liked would still do it.

Those that AFK for EXP will still do it or will go back to the Old leveling Style.

The nerf was necessary.I hate to say but yes,but it only make some people choose not to do the Invasions rather then participate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Have they actually stated why it was "nerfed"? It's a buff if you can do them all, all the time.
    I was leveling 3 Alts and one dead alt.Now i think i will only be able to do one.Thats the Nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by sessava View Post
    isn't it ok for it to be excessive and superior to any other source during the duration of the invasion, though? this is a once in a lifetime event meant to create hype and bring people back in the game and get them prepared and excited for legion. it was doing a great job of that for me, but now i have almost no interest in playing the game and am back to playing overwatch instead.

i can't be bothered to level a character through the same boring content i've seen over and over again. i'm sick of it, and so are a lot of other people. this was a nice alternative that they got rid of for seemingly little good reason.
    It's been a week and the invasions are starting to feel like the same thing over and over again now too. And now the XP rates are lowered to be comparable to leveling via quests (maybe even a little less now). So about the only advantage now is that I can log on in an invasion zone and go watch the Olympics while my character levels.

Well you're talking bollocks because I've been using the flightpaths myself and it's taking over an hour per invasion with the LACK of people there.
    I literally just now completed one that I started 20 minutes ago (including travel time from Shrine, to Undercity, to beginning of zone).

We'll even call it 25 because when I got there it was already in progress. Let's assume I had to wait for a zep (I didn't) and call it 30.

edit/update:

Logging in to a character right *now* to head out to do another one, will post when it's complete.

edit 2: Doesn't look like it timestamped the edit, but we'll call it from when the original post was made (only a couple minutes off anyway).

Zoned in at 0% of first stage so that's all even.
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2016-08-16 at 11:53 PM.