Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Thats exactly what i say, hence i brought up the teleport directly to the world quest location, since this would make it even more less anoying, and since there is no threat/gameplay involved in flying would be the same thing.

Thats not a argument for flying rather that blizzard design shit rep grinds people dont enjoy
    ...teleport you say...I might be ok with this for world quests. At least a teleport to the zone would be sweet.

if rep grinds are tedious for you, then flying doesnt change that, it just a convenient acess to take it less effort. The content gonna stay unfun for you still

thats totally a dumb argument

also that lead backs too if the sky way would be cluttered with mobs that dismounts you like the sky many people would still complain. Better wish for a teleport button
    It's not necessarily just the rep grind itself(although that HIGHLY depends on the nature of how you gain rep). In Legion you're going to be dealing with the repetitive nature of world quests AND the repetitive nature of getting to them and back to your order hall. As the beta has shown us, world quests and order hall missions are often just the exact same quests you did while leveling in the zone.

So you've got a situation where you're following the same flight path and ground path to the objective over, and over, and over. That is going to get tiresome. Flight could mitigate a lot of the fatigue involved with getting to the objective. Of course it will depend on each individual's level of tolerance for that sort of thing, but I think even the most hardened ground and pound player will get sick of it after awhile.

Imagine 6+ months of tanaan jungle without flight, and that will approximate what people will be facing in Legion. You have to remember that by the time Tanaan went live, most people had already completed 90% of the unlock for flying. And those that didn't could get it VERY quickly via catchup mechanics. Legion won't have that.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-16 at 08:36 PM.

When the content sucks to begins with, it gonna suck with flying or without regardless. And tannan jungle was shit content with or without flying. You are right that if you have flying that you must spend lest time with it. But thats, like i explained, not a argument for flying rather then the content is shit and that teleporting to quest objective for example would be a better solution with a better effect
    Except that teleporting still doesn't give the freedom of movement and exploration that flight does. All teleporting does is take you directly to the objective. In effect it's little more that a flight path with a faster load time. You've completely disregarded the benefits of flight and how it allows you to move around the game world how and when and where you want. And the feeling of wonder and freedom it provides as well.

Unless you were suggesting unlimited teleportation without cooldown? I did that in City of Heroes and it was kind of fun, honestly, but never gave the same feeling of freedom and enjoyment that flying did.

To this day I still don't understand why people hate on flying so much. I mean, I have some theories, but I'd prefer to avoid psycho-analyzing people on the internet.

Well...well...well...look who is right and who will be on the wrong side of history once more.

If the invasion XP nerf shows is that players will not tolerate increased time sinks like increased travel time. In theory invasions yield the same XP as before because they are more frequent but increased travel time and many alts not having access to flying is turning a lot of players off!

The irony of the invasion XP nerf exposes a fatal flaw in Blizzard's ground and pound thinking.

That is why Legion world quests which are plentiful along with emissary quests will fail. Having many quests to do but having them short in length and wanting in reward doesn't feel rewarding. Throw in the kitchen sink with the massive time of travel between quests every.single.day will break the spirits of even the most hardened white knight Blizzard defender.

So much so I foresee many Blizzard defenders tossing aside their fedoras and setting up the white flags of defeat

The tsunami of tears are coming. Is Blizzard ready? With how they are handling the invasion XP nerfs it seems they will be blindsided by the no flying in Legion launch resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Well...well...well...look who is right and who will be on the wrong side of history once more.

If the invasion XP nerf shows is that players will not tolerate increased time sinks like increased travel time. In theory invasions yield the same XP as before because they are more frequent but increased travel time and many alts not having access to flying is turning a lot of players off!

The irony of the invasion XP nerf exposes a fatal flaw in Blizzard's ground and pound thinking.

That is why Legion world quests which are plentiful along with emissary quests will fail. Having many quests to do but having them short in length and wanting in reward doesn't feel rewarding. Throw in the kitchen sink with the massive time of travel between quests every.single.day will break the spirits of even the most hardened white knight Blizzard defender.
    I am not playing WoW for some time now, so I require some context. Care to elaborate on how the Legion invasion events work? I though they were essentially the same as the Scourge Invasions back in the pre-NAxx and pre-WOTLK patches.

So much so I foresee many Blizzard defenders tossing aside their fedoras and setting up the white flags of defeat
    Considering all those hundreds of pages evidencing the average mindset of the anti-flier, I wouldn´t count on that.

Is Blizzard ready? With how they are handling the invasion XP nerfs it seems they will be blindsided by the no flying in Legion launch resistance.
    The anti-flier developers certainly are. The guys in the accounting, however... I doubt they will accept that "cyclical" bullshit once more.

Unless of course, they already intend to put WoW on life-support.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-08-16 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Let's make sure to get a thread going that's like 20000 pages long to talk about it for several months.
    Let it be known this was the second post on this.

Doenst matter for that point you made, grinding world quests has nothing to do with it. Also, again, what kind of argument is this to begin with? Flying at 10000 % speed give you also more freedom of movement and explation then at 300 %. Doesnt mean its more reasonable.

no i completly disregarded the point of making grinding better with flying so flying must be a thing. You are going overboard to make a point tbh. If blizzard enables something like "super ghost mode" where ic an go through walls/textures when im flying, this give me also the option to explore faster, better, and in other way then flying alone. so what? Or if blizzard give me x ray vision default like demon hunters for 30 second, or if i could jump 2000 meters.

Only because its somekind of other experince, what this prove? also you can make that you click on the map and teleport where ever you want, you can click on it. A sense of explariton that flying can not give you, because you not traversing distance phyiscly

Has flying a cooldown?

Also for some people maybe it give people more "joy" and more exploration
    So much stawman I'm not even going to give it a full reply. Just stop drinking the haterade already, FFS. Flight isn't the devil, and the only reason it's a problem is because Blizzard made it into one. You're going out of your way to invent and find problems. I swear to god the people who hate on flight have created more of an issue of of flight than anyone who just wants to enjoy it.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-16 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Well it isn't really an assumption when you flat out tell me it but whatever >.>
    What point are you actually trying to make?
    The process is the same wether i point at the location and afk flying, or take a FP - the FP doesnt make me die if im away longer than expected

Neither option adds valuable gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    I am not playing WoW for some time now, so I require some context. Care to elaborate on how the Legion invasion events work? I though they were essentially the same as the Scourge Invasions back in the pre-NAxx and pre-WOTLK patches.

Considering all those hundreds of pages evidencing the average mindset of the anti-flier, I wouldn´t count on that.

The anti-flier developers certainly are. The guys in the accounting, however... I doubt they will accept that "cyclical" bullshit once more.

Unless of course, they already intend to put WoW on life-support.
    Legion invasions randomly spawn and you travel to the site to complete objectives and fight NPCs. Blizz nerfed the Xp and increased legion invasion spawns. But some spawns are on entire other parts of the map and require large amount of travel time.

Without a flying mount you are at the mercy of flight paths in the old world. Isn't that great lol?

The tsunami of tears are coming. Is Blizzard ready? With how they are handling the invasion XP nerfs it seems they will be blindsided by the no flying in Legion launch resistance.
    Invasion nerfs are required so people dont fly to them once every 4 hours and afk until they get 2 levels.
    Now you are actually required to do something other than turn up once every 4 hours.
    Just be glad they took the XP off the mobs and added it to the stage completion so you actually can still afk them if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except that teleporting still doesn't give the freedom of movement and exploration that flight does. All teleporting does is take you directly to the objective. In effect it's little more that a flight path with a faster load time. You've completely disregarded the benefits of flight and how it allows you to move around the game world how and when and where you want. And the feeling of wonder and freedom it provides as well.

Unless you were suggesting unlimited teleportation without cooldown? I did that in City of Heroes and it was kind of fun, honestly, but never gave the same feeling of freedom and enjoyment that flying did.

To this day I still don't understand why people hate on flying so much. I mean, I have some theories, but I'd prefer to avoid psycho-analyzing people on the internet.
    Teleporting also has the drawback of not allowing individual exploration. It allows you to reach the action sooner which is how other MMOs utilize ports. This is why the introduction of flight was revolutionary for the MMO genre.

When WoW and CoX did it the other big players at the time followed suit (Lineage 2, Everquest 2, etc).

This is STILL a topic that people talk about???? You get flying, just because you don't get it the WAY you want, you have to beat the dead horse over a YEAR since some of this inofrmation was released? I sure as hell did not read through all this mess, but I assume the pro-flyers are still repeating the same dumb ass reasoning for wanting flying over and over and over again, word for word they have been saying for over a year.

You got flying back..now drop it. If you don't like the way or time frame in which you get to fly..you have the same option you had a year ago.....don't play the game. You aren't going to be just given flying at max level for some insignificant amount of gold anymore...play the game and EARN it. Paying a sub fee and leveling to max in 2 days is not earning flying.

Legion invasions randomly spawn and you travel to the site to complete objectives and fight NPCs. Blizz nerfed the Xp and increased legion invasion spawns. But some spawns are on entire other parts of the map and require large amount of travel time.

Without a flying mount you are at the mercy of flight paths in the old world. Isn't that great lol?
    So its exactly the same as the old Scourge Invasions. Are the invasion sites still located in the middle of nowhere as well? (Tanaris Desert, for instance)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    This is STILL a topic that people talk about????
    Yes.

You got flying back..now drop it.
    No.

So its exactly the same as the old Scourge Invasions. Are the invasions sites still located in the middle of nowhere as well? (Tanaris Desert, for instance)
    It varies and if you have a flying mount it is okay to do still. If the invasion sites are far away from flight paths and you don't have flight most don't bother or skip that invasion event.

It varies and if you have a flying mount it is okay to do still. If the invasion sites are far away from flight paths and you don't have flight most don't bother or skip that invasion event.
    Which is logical: Once you have done the quest for the lore, the only possible reason to repeat this is the fun factor involved (after all, any gear gotten in those quests will be obsolete in less than a month... assuming is was an upgrade in the first place).

So its exactly the same as the old Scourge Invasions. Are the invasion sites still located in the middle of nowhere as well? (Tanaris Desert, for instance)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

No.
    Well, then enjoy sitting here beating your head on the wall with all your other pro-flyer wishing Blizzard would just hand you everything on a silver platter. While you guys are here feeling sorry for yourselves, trying to come up with some new and exciting BS reason as to why they should just give you flying for no effort..I will be in game enjoying the new expansion content...

Well, then enjoy sitting here beating your head on the wall with all your other pro-flyer wishing Blizzard would just hand you everything on a silver platter. While you guys are here feeling sorry for yourselves, trying to come up with some new and exciting BS reason as to why they should just give you flying for no effort..I will be in game enjoying the new expansion content...
    With all due respect, if you have no intention of hearing the actual points being made , and have no intention of even attempting to understand any viewpoint besides the one you yourself are pushing, then why are you here? Trolling? Confirmation bias?

Because I can assure you that it's not how you seem to think, and the issue has much more to it than the limited view you seem to have. Stick around for a little while and read with the intent to understand and you might change your opinion. Or keep spouting hate and get yourself on people's ignore lost. It's a free country.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is logical: Once you have done the quest for the lore, the only possible reason to repeat this is the fun factor involved (after all, any gear gotten in those quests will be obsolete in less than a month... assuming is was an upgrade in the first place).
    Don't forget xmog appearances. The fel armor set+crossfire carbine is one of the few mail sets that looks halfway decent on draenei female hunters.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-08-17 at 12:36 AM.

With all due respect, if you have no intention of hearing the actual points being made , and have no intention of even attempting to understand any viewpoint besides the one you yourself are pushing, then why are you here? Trolling? Confirmation bias?

Because I can assure you that it's not how you seem to think, and the issue has much more to it than the limited view you seem to have. Stick around for a little while and read with the intent to understand and you might change your opinion. Or keep spouting hate and get yourself on people's ignore lost. It's a free country.
    TBH, I don't care if people on the internet..specifically ANY game forum adds me to any sort of ignore list.

I have read most, if not all the reasons given in the past 500 threads on this topic. Most are nothing more than a personal idea on how they want to play the game. Flying is completely unnecessary for this game to function, yet some people act like it is the end all and be all of their enjoyment of the game. I can not and likely will never understand why flying on a mount as opposed to running on the ground is this big a deal to people, no matter how many posts I read about it. All flying does is make getting to things faster...in a game that is MEANT TO TAKE TIME to get things achieved. ALL flying does is make content more insignificant faster...then people will be bitching there is nothing to do. There is seriously NOTHING in any post I have ever read that is anything more than a personal preference on a means of travel.

I am in no way spouting hate or trolling...I simply disagree with peoples opinions..you said it "free country". I am able to disagree with what you are saying, as you are with what I am saying. The problem is..when I disagree in a topic that is FULL of pro-flyers, I am being a troll. The only opinion that matters in this discusion is the pro-flyers.

Maybe if you people would stop complaining on the forums, and bashing every person that disagrees with you, maybe YOU will see there is alot more to the enjoyment of the game outside of flying around on a flying mount. The world looks so much bigger and exciting from the ground instead of looking at it from the tree tops.

All the invasions are near a flightpoint. Riding from arathi to hillsbrad as alliance is probably the furthest away - and its a straight path into tarren mill from there
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-08-17 at 01:19 AM.

I will be in game enjoying the new expansion content...
    Since everything indicates Legion is going to be WoD 2.0, whatever little content you want to "enjoy", will soon feel like beating your head on the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget xmog appearances. The fel armor set+crossfire carbine is one of the few mail sets that looks halfway decent on draenei female hunters.
    A fair point: How many invasions one must fight in order to complete the set?