TBH with the lower stuff I'd rather outgear the everloving hell out of it so I can just crush whatever monster it is in under a minute or less (or your pizza is free). The high rank stuff can be more fun even if they're a bit tankier. Teostra Bow and all its glorious OPness helps with a lot of them as I did the 7* capture steve, 6* Gore, and several other request ones. I'm probably going to try and knock out the two Zinogre quest I have sitting at 7* as well. It kinda sucks that requests behave like urgents where you have to be the one to initiate them to get credit though.

Most of which taking under 20 minutes, but Dreadqueen Rathian II being the outlier at coming in at nearly thirty minutes. That said there's a good bit I could've added to speed it up (like not being cheap and getting some Large Barrel Bombs+).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Lol I've had the hayabusa feather for a bit now and I JUST realized that they're actual earrings. I thought it didn't have a model this whole time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Wanted to make another weapon type to use and realised i had the mats for every type of DB so made them all and went aerial, checked maximeld and got 3 +9 mounting talismans in a row, which should be great right?

But you dont get mounting decorations or gear till endgame :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm keep going with inseticutters till rippers or switch to insectiscythes the rippers have 40 more damage at max level but the scythes have better sharpness and 2 slots at max level.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I wouldn't use either personally, there's no element, there isn't any affinity or enough raw to make up for the lack of element. Neither of their sharpness is particularly great for how poor the raw is considering the lack of element / affinity.

If your hearts set on using them then it's gonna depend on whether or not you'll fit a good enough skill into those 2 slots to make it worth it.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-08-14 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hmmm keep going with inseticutters till rippers or switch to insectiscythes the rippers have 40 more damage at max level but the scythes have better sharpness and 2 slots at max level.
    I've been sticking with the Glavenus ones myself, since the Rath' ones can't be completed till the Golden Rathalos dlc hits the west.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I've been sticking with the Glavenus ones myself, since the Rath' ones can't be completed till the Golden Rathalos dlc hits the west.
    I like to keep a good set of non elemental weapons in case I don't have a weapon of the proper element.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I like to keep a good set of non elemental weapons in case I don't have a weapon of the proper element.
    I've actually been looking at the non-element weapons this morning to do some of the 3 / 5 mob quests where the elements conflict. Honestly think its going to be between the hellblade glavenus, akantor, silverwind narga, or regular narga db's.

Personally leaning on hellblade glavenus because it has the set that's gonna look the best and also has solid skills. I'm a functional fashion hunter that way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've actually been looking at the non-element weapons this morning to do some of the 3 / 5 mob quests where the elements conflict. Honestly think its going to be between the hellblade glavenus, akantor, silverwind narga, or regular narga db's.

Personally leaning on hellblade glavenus because it has the set that's gonna look the best and also has solid skills. I'm a functional fashion hunter that way.
    I like the insecticutters because they go with my gloriously incandescent butterfly armor.

@Gutler Are you going for proper skills or just using a full set / fashion hunting? Cause that'd make a massive difference. Without any additional skill thrown into the mix from those 2 slots Insectirippers are better, so if you're just wearing a full set or something then I'd just use the rippers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gutler Are you going for proper skills or just using a full set / fashion hunting? Cause that'd make a massive difference. Without any additional skill thrown into the mix from those 2 slots Insectirippers are better, so if you're just wearing a full set or something then I'd just use the rippers.
    Atm using the rhopessa S armor with crit eye+3 talisman and gemmed in if I switch to hammer Bone S with mounting master talisman/gemmed in don't really use mixed sets because I'm horrible at making them.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-08-15 at 06:23 PM.

@Gutler yeah just use the rippers.

Solo'ed the urgent Astalos to unlock HR3 and man, thats the first time a monsters given me a little shit. Disappointed to see Teostra and Chameleos are the only new monsters in 5 pages of repeat hunts, its really, really starting to wear thin at this point. How many of these hunts could be a nercylla, congalala or zamtrios instead y'know?

loving the gameplay but good lord they need more variance.

The pacing is shit in early game, they really mucked it up. I did all the offline stuff before going to online, so by the time I got to it I was already burnt out on all the quests from the low rank online stuff. So I honestly just pissed through the key quests until I started getting into the high rank stuff that had more mobs.

High rank you'll see some more "old favorites" (Enjoy Pleosith hip checking THE WORLD). I'm definitely going to have to pace out clearing out the lower ranks just because of how boring/tedious the gathering and small monster quests are to do. The HR stuff will def feel a lot better just because its fighting large monsters and those're fun.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    (Enjoy Pleosith hip checking THE WORLD)

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally unlocked the blue guild gear last night in the village now to fight my nemesis the plesioth for some fins to complete the set and get to charm farming.

Man, I remember getting this game on my PSP2004, i was BLOWN away by the open world and crafting and all, it was like playing WoW for the first time. Incredible. Wish they made it for PSVita - PS4 as well, would play the hell out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Man, I remember getting this game on my PSP2004, i was BLOWN away by the open world and crafting and all, it was like playing WoW for the first time. Incredible. Wish they made it for PSVita - PS4 as well, would play the hell out of it.
    If I remember correctly sony did something to piss Capcom off in the past which made them say no more monster hunter for sony.

@Foxhoundn the series is worth buying a n3ds just for it imo :P

I basically bought my n3ds entirely for 4u because a friend convinced me (with the safety net in that there's a nice handful of other awesome games on the system) and frankly I'd do it again.