Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Pets, weapon upgrades? Sub 100, box gear will be whatever ilvl meets your level when you open them, so you could have a new alt at 100 with full 700 gear + some WF right out the gate.

I'm also getting more boxes on my alts on top of some exp.
    You sacrifice levelling speed for that gear, and i am saying if you already have everything with nethershards there is no reason to do it max level. Very few actually care about getting it warforged since it is a lower chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So do dungeons? The invasion isnt meant to be an XP farming event.

Some method will always be better.
    Yes, but why not? Why shouldn't it be? Isn't the goal of an event to be exciting? To break the rules for a little while? The joy of the pre-patch period has always been that the rules are suspended. I'm not sure what Blizzard has gained by taking away what people were enjoying. If some people use that opportunity to level 10 alts, what harm is that to the game as a whole?

Considering Blizzard has built this expansion around the "class fantasy", why shouldn't there be encouragement for people to level more alts to experience more of that fantasy?

xp is not nerfed per hour since events is more often now you actlually get more xp per 4 hours then before

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And when I was on my 87 they had like 75m. and... Are you really arguing that each player is seeing a different boss with different HP?
    They do, actually. It's Legion style scaling - you see the boss as having less health than someone of a higher lvl.
    It's still shitty for lower level alts since some abilities (mostly AoE atacks) don't scale properly and tend to oneshot lowbies. Not to mention PvPers who often make it their primary objective to ignore demons and prey on the weaker players.

You are aware that it gave almost no XP when launched and was changed after people complained right?

The idea of the invasion was most certainly never as an XP farming event...
    But then Blizzard posted this tweet

XP from invasions increased dramatically, should now be a good way to level alts?

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/764457048931053569

The question I wonder is, what would it have hurt to not change the XP. I would have leveled to 100 faster and either be done or I might have started a 2nd or 3rd or 4th alt. Either way, I'm not leveling by the normal means I either grabbing Invasion XP and logging out every 4 hours or I'm chaining running them to get the most XP. Either way, the only thing I'm doing on the alt is leveling through invasions.

I'm curious why it matters how fast I get to 100, if they didn't want me leveling that way, it should offer very little XP to encourage to to do it the "normal" way.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-08-17 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    You sacrifice levelling speed for that gear, and i am saying if you already have everything with nethershards there is no reason to do it max level. Very few actually care about getting it warforged since it is a lower chance.
    There is no reason to not farm nethershards if you know what to do with them. I also personally care about WF especially on some of my newer 100 alts or to fill in some spots I'm missing.

I'd rather level through invasions where I can sit around and do something else if need be, or actively participate in the event than dungeon spam again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    xp is not nerfed per hour since events is more often now you actlually get more xp per 4 hours then before
    thank goodness most people have at least 4 hours to play a day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Don't know how to break this to you but WoW realms have different populations and as such your anecdotes mean very little.
    This would be a completely fair point if these weren't wildly cross-realm. I'm not saying experiences aren't varying, but I just find it very, very difficult to believe that out of the dozens I've done I haven't had a single one longer than maybe 25 minutes (we'll call it 30 with flight time), while people are saying they've done multiple that lasted an hour each. Maybe if they're including 15 minutes of ground travel or something, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Nope. I'm just back from Hillsbrad. We spent 28 minutes there! Without travel time to and from Hillsbrad. Before nerf it was never more than 15 minutes.
    I'm not saying they aren't longer (they do seem a few minutes longer on average than they were for me yesterday), but people are saying it's taking 45 minutes to an hour per invasion. 30 minutes I can believe, not an hour.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    But then Blizzard posted this tweet

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/764457048931053569
    And they are still a good way to level. They just arnt the best way and that is perfectly alright since the effort required is literally 0.
    If you had to actively participate to get the xp you might get some sympathy from me but you don't.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

There isnt.
    But there was no reason to do them for gear either because they gave 700 instead of 710 from pvp.

'oh no, people are not farming our event every moment they are online, quick do something'
    You do realize the gear now Warforges right? Also less people doing the events less events get done and therefor those who really want to do them get screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

And they are still a good way to level. They just arnt the best way and that is perfectly alright since the effort required is literally 0.
    If you had to actively participate to get the xp you might get some sympathy from me but you don't.
    If it isn't the best way (Infact its the worse way besides pvp) then its not a good way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize the gear now Warforges right? Also less people doing the events less events get done and therefor those who really want to do them get screwed.
    Yes, note my use of the past form instead of the present. Was instead of Is.

And considering I still keep getting put into a fresh phase almost every invasion rather then one in progress I would say that there are still plenty of people doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadard View Post
    Here are my findings:

Last night @ level 95:

~54k per stages 1-3 and ~256k for final (54+54+54+256=418k), I don't remember the exact numbers but these are close.

so, ~836k for 2 invasions every 4 hours.

Today @ level 95:

14400+28750+21550+107850=159550, these are exact numbers.

so, 957300 for 6 invasions every 4 hours.

(Both of these sets of numbers came from the chat log for s1-3, and the s4 number came from the xp gained showing up under the map where the tracker was.)

Regardless of your numbers this is ~15% increase in the amount of xp from last night, just have to put a little more effort into them now.

This is a nerf to leveling more than 1 character with them as I've found it takes around 20mins to fly to and complete an invasion so you can do maybe 2 characters per set (every 2 hours), where as before you could do 5 or 6 characters per set (every 4 hours).
    Your numbers are off. The xp gained showed near the quest tracker is the total for all four objectives.

Level 95 unbuffed xp gains are:

p1 - 14400
    p2 - 28750
    p3 - 21550
    p4 - 43150
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

If it isn't the best way (Infact its the worse way besides pvp) then its not a good way.
    Then we should remove all quests before MoP from the game because they are not the best way to level.
    Quick, go tell Blizzard.

Yes, note my use of the past form instead of the present. Was instead of Is.

And considering I still keep getting put into a fresh phase almost every invasion rather then one in progress I would say that there are still plenty of people doing them.
    Congratz to you, ur experience isn't everyone else.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Yeah. I didnt think that much of the exp nerf til this morning and... uh, yeah. No thank you to powerleveling through invasions. No complaints... just I'm not going to burn myself out running my alt(or alts...) across 2 virtual continents every... ~3hrs now? Just a bummer all'z eye kin sae.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not a Ferrari, it's not a good car. Come on now. It's good experience for almost no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    If it's not a Ferrari, it's not a good car. Come on now. It's good experience for almost no effort.
    The difference being a ferrari and a dodge dart will get you from A to B in the same timeframe.

This will not get to to level 100 as fast as dungeon spamming or doing quests and that is why its bad/worse.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-17 at 01:06 AM.

Then we should remove all quests before MoP from the game because they are not the best way to level.
    Quick, go tell Blizzard.
    The best way to level is to spend $60 on a character boost. Why do you give two poops whether or not someone goes AFK over Westfall? Obviously people were enjoying themselves, and that's the ultimate goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    If they want people doing the events (Which they do) they need to give more than dungeon spam (Which they don't). Give me one good reason why somebody would do invasions once they have all the gear? or are sub 100?
    Max level and have all gear? Farm bat pets.
    Sub 100? Would rather afk and watch movies than level in Outland, no-flying Pandaria, or WoD. Or would prefer to do something other than questing while waiting for dungeon queues.

If you've geared all your alts fully already, you play a lot. These invasions are not intended to keep a hardcore player occupied for 6+ hours a day for the next 3 weeks. Go do something else.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference being a ferrari and a dodge dart will get you form A to B in the same timeframe.

This will not get to to level 100 as fast as dungeon spamming or doing quests and that is why its bad/worse.
    But that dodge dart also gets me free premium ice cream once I make it to my destination, and all I had to do was drive along the way.

If I take that ferrari, I have to drive to the destination and then drive some more for that ice cream.