Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xbashfulx View Post
    Wrong, rounding number here but if you previously were getting 150k xp with 2 invasions up 300k total now im seeing 3 up and people are saying you get roughly 100k now per invasion so you get the same for doing one more invasion. Not sure how you think that is more than before
    It's not wrong, some guy posted his numbers before from before and after, and he would be getting 90k more exp now, and that's not even including kills which give more exp now. And of course it won't be worth the time now if you're looking to solely level ASAP, but if you want to be lazy and level, you'll be gaining more than before.

Must say I'm surprised people still need to level stuff 11 years into this game and especially after 3 years of mostly nothing to do other than leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Must say I'm surprised people still need to level stuff 11 years into this game and especially after 3 years of mostly nothing to do other than leveling.
    Its almost as if not every player has been playing 11 years or when the is downtime they play something else.

They already backtracked and buffed the monster XP, I haven't tried it yet, but if the same tag system is in effect it's still not worth, due to high level players reducing the XP gains to near non-existant.

getting like 500exp on a mob at lv97,not good at all

in eu i was solo grinding mobs from stage 3 hillsbrad the last two hours. after like 30 minutes, i got kicked out of the realm and had to login again, aftewards xp from the smae mobs was increased by roughly 30%, and i was up to stage 1 again. so i am 100 % sure there was a xp buff hotfix this night.

Now stage completion: 1 gave same xp than before (15 k at lvl 92 / 93 ), stage 2 gave double the xp of stage 1 (40 k), and stage 3 went from solo grinding mobs to 60 something percent until servers shutdown. in Hillsbrad the mobs that used to give 750 xp now yield 1.1150. (roughly, there could be a later 1 or a 5 or a zero exchanged, its freaking late), but like 30 % more as i said.

AND: there are mobs that have same hp and are easier to kill / dont come in groups on the outskirts. they yield triple to quadropule the xp, standard was 4.5k xp (compared to 3750 xp before the latest mentioned till now undocumented hotfix). Especialle the fire elemental mobs yield a shotton of xp (8k normals, the elites (which only takes a little longer to kill) are up to 15 kxp (somehow its not very consistent, for the same mob u would one time get 12 k, another time 15 k, another time 8k with no npc or other player nearby). The nonelites though are very consistently 4.5 k xp.

so in 1/half ours of grinding the invasion, i mad lvl 92 4% to lvl 93 60 % with a hillsbrad invasion to stage 3 and than solo grind it (nobody else was there) to like 60 %, than kick from server and hotfix with mob xp buff appliedI

I think the goal of the hotfixes is to make participating actively in mob killing more efficent, and leveling on empty realms with stage 3 taking forever is a VERY fast way to lvl your char. u get like 10-30 k xp per minute, with heirlooms only.

If you group with other players, your xp is gutted. you dont get group xp bonus, u get a malus and this malus is something like 70 % for a 6 lvl higher person killing the mb with you (or just idling in his sandstone drake above you and doing nothing, u still get xp malus). I dont get the reason for this and i am pretty sure the xp spread / malus is not intended. My now lvl 93 mage (was 71 when i started doing invasion with him this afternoon) has btw higher killspeed on mobs than my ilvl 740 fury warrior, that nearly killed archimonde mythic today (yeah 3 % infernals), and can kill most of the mobs without taking dmg. As a 740 fury warrior i have to sit down and eat after a triple pull.

So whats hidden in this event that only horde can get?

any point to doing this chain quest on more than 1 character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Blizz wont revert the changes just because people are b!itching.
    After all,now you get more exp than before but people are uncapble of seeing it.
    Only if ppl will let you solo mobs. First level 100 hits it and the mob then gives only 300 xp

Not sure if they hotfixed the xp yet but here is my result as I just did 3 invasions:

Took over an hour to travel and get all three done.
    Used my 90 night elf druid who has been sitting at the SW auction house since MoP ended. No leveling or questing since then. Just resting and selling stuff for my other toons.
    3 invasions netted me 52% xp
    I did nothing in these. Just flew in and sat there as the invasions happened. No killing/healing of any kind.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    you get 6 invasions every 4 hours now instead of just 2. The exp might have been nerfed but because you can do more total, its an increase to the exp gained every 4 hours.
    My XP gain went from approximately 70% of a level per invasion to about 30% of a level. That's a nerf, son. So now I have to put in over 250% more effort for the same rewards. That's a significant nerf. Using the invasions to level alts went from feasible to not worth the effort. Nerf, nerf, nerf.

Your argument is like saying that $1 widgets now cost $2.50, but you can still buy as many as you used to buy paying more, so they aren't more expensive.
    Last edited by Grumblerot; 2016-08-17 at 04:17 AM.

A lot of you are too much blizz fanboys to see why this pissed people off. The event requires more work now to get XP, the event only lasts 2 weeks, and people were just having fun leveling alts besides the same old boring way of doing things, and then Blizzard comes along and nerfs it for no reason. It questions Blizzards priorities. Who cares if few people abuse this to level up like 10 toons or something. Most people were just just leveling like 2 toons a day with the little time they had and having fun for 2 weeks watching their XP bar jumping from level to level. But no, I guess in blizz's eyes its better to spend $60 on character boost and not play the game at all than it is to play the game even if it just to afk and occiasionally help take down demons.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    A lot of you are too much blizz fanboys to see why this pissed people off. The event requires more work now to get XP, the event only lasts 2 weeks, and people were just having fun leveling alts besides the same old boring way of doing things, and then Blizzard comes along and nerfs it for no reason. It questions Blizzards priorities. Who cares if few people abuse this to level up like 10 toons or something. Most people were just just leveling like 2 toons a day with the little time they had and having fun for 2 weeks watching their XP bar jumping from level to level. But no, I guess in blizz's eyes its better to spend $60 on character boost and not play the game at all than it is to play the game even if it just to afk and occiasionally help take down demons.
    Welfare mentality much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Welfare mentality much?
    The game is full of welfare.

Pre-expansion is THE time to level alts and thus buy boosts, from all the people changing mains. They're actually being rather generous with this thing giving any leveling advantage, considering you get very good (and improving) xp/hour by being f***ing AFK !

People are so caught up in the XP thing they don't see the most troubling thing of all

They nerfed Surrender to Madness!! Sad day

Wonder if I'll still be able to hit 100 stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Welfare mentality much?
    Yeah its OK to have a 60 dollar boost but god forbid a time exclusive leveling boost for 4 weeks, that actually makes you play the game.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Deleted
    I only want 2 fixes about the invasions right now:
    1. Let low level characters get full XP from every mob kill, no matter how many people hit the mob
    2. Make it possible for low char tanks to tank the bosses properly.

I have a prot pally in process of leveling and in every invasion it just take me 2 hits to get aggro from bosses. No need to tell you that even with all the dmg reduction skills used the boss still oneshoot me. It is not fun. I thought the scaling was for a reason there...

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I only want 2 fixes about the invasions right now:
    1. Let low level characters get full XP from every mob kill, no matter how many people hit the mob
    2. Make it possible for low char tanks to tank the bosses properly.

I have a prot pally in process of leveling and in every invasion it just take me 2 hits to get aggro from bosses. No need to tell you that even with all the dmg reduction skills used the boss still oneshoot me. It is not fun. I thought the scaling was for a reason there...
    I wish I could give you a million thumbs up. Your post is spot on. My low level DK gets 1-2 shot also. Also only way to get full XP is to solo mobs. You actually get pissed when someone helps you. Not the way its supposed to be.

The experience shown that you received and what you are being granted are different. Experience buffs are not being granted even though it's being shown. The invasions appear to be bugged since the changes or blizzard aren't being clear on the changes they intended.