Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Didn't the dalaran pre-quest have audible speech during beta?

just doing the Dalaran pre-quest on live where you go to Dalaran over Karazhan, and I think it's bugged.. didn't we have the conversations audible in the beta? - however on live it's all just text.

i could be remembering wrong, but hmmm.. anyone got it?

Deleted
    I thought it was wierd it had no audio, when so much else has.

It had voice overs when i did it on beta.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It did seem a bit odd since all those other cartoon speech text popups come with voice over.

Deleted
    Strange. In Spanish it DID have voice-over so definitely a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were several parts of the quest chains that probably should have been voiced... the scene where you return Varian's letter to Anduin, getting the leaders' statements voiced would have been good. The scene in Dalaran where Khadgar and the Council overrule Jaina would have been more impactful if it had been voiced, as well.

Deleted
    It was done surprisingly poorly honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    most definitely a bug.
    everything was voiced when i did it on the beta and ptr.

Formerly known as Arafal

Seeing everyone's pets there when their owners are phased out is dodgy too. I thought they were going to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    It was done surprisingly poorly honestly.
    magni model looked horrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    I thought he was alright tbh, I think they used the old model and just put ice on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    its suppose to... hes made of chunks of crystal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Magni is supposed to look all crystalized like that. So he's fine, although I think all the quests should of been voiced.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Man, thank god. I thought my sound card was going or something. Weirdest thing to not have a major event voiced at all.

Oh, yeah. And Magni looked like crap. I thought it was a hologram or projection of some sort at first.

Deleted
    Speaking about bugs, after Karazhan scenario there are no more quests. Legion is just attacking Dalaran and nothing else is happening. Dunno if it's fixed now.

After the Broken Shore event, when you give Varian's letter to Anduin, I also thought my sound was broken as I felt the speech there definitely should have been voiced. I guess after that I kinda expected the lack of voice acting during this questline, but that still doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed. Would have been a LOT better with voice acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Restaron View Post
    Speaking about bugs, after Karazhan scenario there are no more quests. Legion is just attacking Dalaran and nothing else is happening. Dunno if it's fixed now.
    Apparently they go live next week. But it just cuts off and no one tells you, and the official response is basically "guess you'll have to RP your character is fighting demons for a week lol!" The whole thing seems oddly disjointed.

Post this on the official forums where it might actually do some good?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Man, thank god. I thought my sound card was going or something. Weirdest thing to not have a major event voiced at all.

Oh, yeah. And Magni looked like crap. I thought it was a hologram or projection of some sort at first.
    Well he is made of crystal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be fixed now, tried it with another toon today - after the EU reset - and there was spoken words.