Question Herald of the Titans 7.0

Hey guys! A bunch of my friends and I are in the process of leveling and gearing some alts for HotT. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on a few things:

How strong is Vers is a stat at 80?
    What are the best tanks/heals/dps?

People in guild wanna do it, and they keep asking me what the best class to play is, my main is a prot warrior, so i know they are strong at 80, outside of that I literally have no clue what the other classes look like at that level

Any advice is really helpful! Thanks!
    Last edited by rtard; 2016-08-15 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Having done it - you really don't have anything to worry about. I did it on an ele sham but we had pretty much any class in the group - iirc we used a warrior and a prot pally as tanks. Take turns using a level 100-110 toon to run your alts through Ulduar when they hit 80, to gear them up. (The gearing goes faster if you use multiple level 100 toons each week and split up the level 80s into groups with a level 100 so they are not competing for the same drops.) After a few weeks when everyone is geared, use the next clean lockout to do the fight.

The only other area of concern for me would be that they have substantially changed healing, so you want to make sure you take a good set. Like, I'm not too sure I'd take a disc priest in there right now in a level 80 group, I'd get them to spec holy.

You have done it post 7.0? The only thing that worries me is that they took away a lot of tanking mitigation, and like you mentioned significantly gimped healing.

It is really easy, you don't have to think about it too much. Just get the correct ilvl gear and you'll be fine. We 3-shot it when I did it in MoP, I doubt it has gotten any harder since.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    It is really easy, you don't have to think about it too much. Just get the correct ilvl gear and you'll be fine. We 3-shot it when I did it in MoP, I doubt it has gotten any harder since.
    It's considerably harder since 7.0. Went in with a full guild group with fully geared/gemmed/enchanted 10man team. 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. All cata food/flasks/potions.
    He mopped the floor with us. ._.

Deleted
    I am in process in leveling my prot pally too. I have one question too - are the set bonuses disabled if I am on the intended level for the gear? I guess if they dont work he will really mop the floor with the raid as Alkavar said

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    We 3-shot it when I did it in MoP, I doubt it has gotten any harder since.
    It got a lot harder in WoD, and I presume even harder in 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    It got a lot harder in WoD, and I presume even harder in 7.0.
    Really? What made it harder?

Before the WoD prepatch you essentially just needed 2 blood dks in full mastery gear with 8 dps and the boss was dead after 1 minute just before the first big bang after the WoD prepatch Tanks got nerfed across the board and you had to play the boss normal as you did in Wotlk, but he was very brutal on tank healing just like in the old times.

Dont know how its pre 7.0 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done it several times, latest in WoD, a few months back. We were 7 people and we had only about 200 ilvl gear and we one shotted. Meaning it was CRAZY EASY. I doubt it would have gotten any harder now. Just get 10 people with 200 ish gear and you should be safe. Don't waste too much time preparing.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    When I first started doing herald in mop, it was faceroll, we ignored all mechanics and the boss died within 45s or so, I solo healed it a bunch of times, no one ever had to even learn the fight it was total faceroll. Midway in mop they changed the way you could twink your gear with cata enchants/food etc, it all scaled to your level now, which made it a bit harder, but nothing huge then. WoD pre patch had a lot of changes that made things harder like tanks losing vengeance, and then when I helped some friends do it during wod they actually had to follow all the mechanics of the fight, it was a lot harder than I remember. I enjoyed it much more

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    When I first started doing herald in mop, it was faceroll, we ignored all mechanics and the boss died within 45s or so, I solo healed it a bunch of times, no one ever had to even learn the fight it was total faceroll. Midway in mop they changed the way you could twink your gear with cata enchants/food etc, it all scaled to your level now, which made it a bit harder, but nothing huge then. WoD pre patch had a lot of changes that made things harder like tanks losing vengeance, and then when I helped some friends do it during wod they actually had to follow all the mechanics of the fight, it was a lot harder than I remember. I enjoyed it much more
    Aw man, I wish I could go back and do it again. Algalon was so anti-climactic we literally 9-manned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it pre patch about 5 weeks ago. We had no issues. Now that they removed past tier bonuses, I'm sure that alone will make it a bit harder.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I did the HotT recently but not since prepatch. I’ve got guildies bugging me to do another run so would like to know how doable it is.

My experience was that it was NOT a faceroll! I found the fight to be fairly buggy –I don’t know if its been fixed or not but, it’s worth being aware of. We had a couple of wipes because we didn’t get the portals spawn on the floor and a couple of times it just completely bugged out. I’ve been looking around for people who have done it since the prepatch but haven’t seen anyone who is able to help out.

I tanked it on my protadin and was fine however, the Tier set bonuses were extremely useful particularly when you have players in the group who are not used to following simple mechanics like ‘move out of shadow crash’ and effectively end up 8 manning it! I’m also nervous about the changes to healing and how that will play out at 80. I’ll report back when we’ve had a go at doing it and would love to hear how others fare.

vengence did, you coudl 2-3 man it in mop with 2 tanks 1 heal or just 2 good tanks

I actually just did this achievement 2 days ago in a Custom group PUG that just happened to pop up while I was farming the fel toy from Doomsayers.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rycrenz/simple

I was the main tank, with the raid leader being another prot warrior. For some reason I soaked damage better than him, so I took the boss for most of the fight (he tanked first 30 seconds blowing all cooldowns). The boss was hit quite hard, so 3 healers is recommended. For DPS, you want to aim to kill him before the second big bang. Make sure one dps focuses on the adds that keep spawning so you dont forget them and wipe.

It took us about 3 hours switching out some lower dps, and eventually going with 3 healers instead of two, which made it a lot easier.

Pandaria flasks make a huge difference, and the DPS potions! I used both (Stam flask and Str potion), and had no food buff.

We had a mage pulling 9k dps, and a rogue doing about 9k as well, but the rest of our dps was considerably lower.

For gearing, you can use gold to buy quite a few pieces from the justice vendors in Dalaran. Running ulduar once or twice for more gear is good as well.

Lastly, don't underestimate the group finder. Our entire group was just pugged using it, with no prior planning.

I'm looking for a Herald group. My level 80 for that is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...notoh/advanced. My guild had been planning to do it for a while, but with Legion, several decided to take their level 80s to 100.

You can add me at: Ohnoto#1201