Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    *steps back before munkky loses it*
    I figured it might be a dungeon leveling priority or for super casuals.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Do you have any numbers? For example a 5% physical reduction would be better than a 1% magic and physical reduction. No? "It does everything" means nothing if the numbers are weak.
    You're comparing 5% of one stat (which would require 3.33% of Mastery) too 2% of another stat. You have to look at them at face value as well as what the encounters are. There's a lot more magic damage fights in Legion and Vers aids in that more so than Mastery. Yes I understand that AP from Mastery works to increase damage and healing so they both technically work almost the same, though Mastery is cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    *steps back before munkky loses it*
    I figured it might be a dungeon leveling priority or for super casuals.
    I am not going to lose it. I am just simply stating that nobody would make a "heroic dung" or "Casual" version of stat weights. The "casual" stat weights are simply: Equip highest ilvl or follow one of the other actual weights. Which due to the new titanforged system and the amount of RNG involved, mean way less than in previous expansions.

Mastery still needs a certain Haste threshold to be worth it, so their relationship won't have changed over this. What I'm curious about is, does this change the priority of our talents? With DS being more valuable, would you recommend Feed the Demon over Soul Rending for higher uptime? With SC healing for more, how does that affect Blade Turning's effectiveness compared to Spirit Bomb and Fel Devestation?
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Mastery still needs a certain Haste threshold to be worth it, so their relationship won't have changed over this. What I'm curious about is, does this change the priority of our talents? With DS being more valuable, would you recommend Feed the Demon over Soul Rending for higher uptime? With SC healing for more, how does that affect Blade Turning's effectiveness compared to Spirit Bomb and Fel Devestation?
    Fallout with Feed the Demon is definitely looking better after this buff to DS. I might even argue that it is stronger, though I haven't been able to do much testing with it. Especially once you unlock Painbringer, I think this may be the go to, with proper gear. Also, if you do go this route, it favors Haste more as more Haste means more Souls and lower DS cd through Haste/Souls via FTD.

As far as Blade Turning, it is still terrible for dps and is still the weakest for Healing. Basically it doesn't have enough burst to healing to beat Fel Deva, and it doesn't have the sustain as Spirit Bomb. (Also it is important to note that Spirit Bomb is actually the highest skill cap talent in the row, due to it being based off your dps).

Do you think that would change the Artifact Priority to get Painbringer earlier? As is it's our third major, and with low Artifact Knowledge that could easily be months out for most players.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

If you are only doing mythic dungs as Vengeance, then yes. If you are aiming to do raids, then probably not, more so leaning towards no.Until we get higher haste levels, it will more than likely be FBP > PB for ST. Our baseline Soul Gen is crap without Fallout, where the majority of the souls come from. Which is almost useless on ST. Now if we had Fracture + FTD like in Alpha, then yeah for sure.

Deleted
    So i'm probably gonna reroll to demon hunter this expansion, was going havoc dps but my team needs me to tank as i have experience tanking, played monk tank this xpac and prot paladin in cataclysm, now i find vengeance interesting but i've been having a lot of doubts about rerolling, sure i should pick whatever i find the most fun but i don't really feel like playing a very weak class will be that much fun and from what i've been researching DH is probably the weakest or at most at the bottom of the spectrum of all the tanking classes, now i don't expect u guys to change this but i wanted to know how u guys feel about this.. i mean i just don't want to drag the rest of my raid because my class is somewhat limited

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Do you have any numbers? For example a 5% physical reduction would be better than a 1% magic and physical reduction. No? "It does everything" means nothing if the numbers are weak.
    1% magic and phy is better than 5% phy, because magic will instagib you, from experience as a guardian druid before revamp, we had fuck tons of armor but 0 magic reduction and would get 1shot by a boss spell, so we had crazy high hp bars to counter act that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leffie View Post
    So i'm probably gonna reroll to demon hunter this expansion, was going havoc dps but my team needs me to tank as i have experience tanking, played monk tank this xpac and prot paladin in cataclysm, now i find vengeance interesting but i've been having a lot of doubts about rerolling, sure i should pick whatever i find the most fun but i don't really feel like playing a very weak class will be that much fun and from what i've been researching DH is probably the weakest or at most at the bottom of the spectrum of all the tanking classes, now i don't expect u guys to change this but i wanted to know how u guys feel about this.. i mean i just don't want to drag the rest of my raid because my class is somewhat limited
    all tanks are viable unless you are going for world/realm first, im only 710 atm on my dh on live and im tanking heroic HFC fine with no issues and have been doing so since i walked out the starting zone

@Leffie
    We aren't the bottom of the pack, we were tied for 4/5, though after todays buffs, I think we are 4th best tank. As Neudgae said, many are able to go into HFC and tank it, many are even 13/13M at 710 ilvl. I myself haven't had any issues in Mythic raiding thus far on my DH.

Well admittedly that doesn't mean much. In an emergency we had our raid leader tank mythic manno and archi with his 720 ilvl Druid with an intellect weapon after being given a quick run down of how to tank. Not a problem at all for the most part. (Healers whined)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

That's also a druid that is easy and the strongest tank defensively since hfc came out.

Deleted
    i´ve read so many threads and i´m unsure now what the stat prio for survivability is. i thought it was Agi>haste>mastery>versa>crit . is that right ?

Quote Originally Posted by reikumo View Post
    i´ve read so many threads and i´m unsure now what the stat prio for survivability is. i thought it was Agi>haste>mastery>versa>crit . is that right ?
    Seriously? The discussion is on-going on this very page. Read before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by reikumo View Post
    Look at the guide on the first page.

Anyone else having problems with abilities sometimes taking way too long to go off? Especially during meta i sometimes feel like it takes ages, especially if i spam the button. I play on a constant 45-50ms to it's not my latency since everything is fine outside of combat.

@Munkky are stamina trinkets worth using or would you suggest multistat trinkets?
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2016-08-17 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    @Munkky is stamina still better than other stats? Like if an item has Stam and mastery vs an item the same ilvl with haste mastery for instance.
    Stam is on all gear, its a primary stat (unless I missed some huge change). So if its the same Ilvl, it should have the same Stamina.

Not that I think we even look at Stam seriously, it's just something that increases with ilvl

@Eninra yeah I just edited my post to clarify I meant trinkets

Regarding Main-hand/off-hand specifics for Veng with these upgradable weapons from the invasions, is it better to get the main hand to 6/6 before using anything on the off-hand, or is it better to raise them equally? I know it's not that big of a concern since there's the artifact when Legion hits, but I'm curious to know the effects on both dps and survivability.

Off the top of my head, there aren't really any stam trinkets in Legion and 95% of the time, you ignore them.

Focus on one then the other, because you may get an upgrade while you are leveling them, which would then make one of them useless and the other would be lower because you spread the fel around.