Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    But the tagging penalty is needed, in Legion, because otherwise groups would coordinate to take out mobs in the questing area.
    People grouping up to do quests in an MMO? Kindly explain what is wrong with this.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    People grouping up to do quests in an MMO? Kindly explain what is wrong with this.
    Sorry, I should have said MULTIPLE groups. Like, 20 or 30 people attacking the same small groups of mobs.

Sorry, I should have said MULTIPLE groups. Like, 20 or 30 people attacking the same small groups of mobs.
    I don't really see an issue with that. A lot of content at 110 in legion is gated behind quests/rep anyway so even if they hit 110 in a group of 40 what would be the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say if there are 6 or more people on a single mob that the exp should be contribution based. To prevent people from forming giant power leveling groups. But i'd say for 5 people or less that it's fine to grant full exp
    HEROES NEVER DIE

I wish they didn't nerf it as hard as they did. I'll admit that it was definitely too good, but people enjoyed doing invasions so I feel like making them not worth the effort for low level characters is just unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthilan View Post
    I wish they didn't nerf it as hard as they did. I'll admit that it was definitely too good, but people enjoyed doing invasions so I feel like making them not worth the effort for low level characters is just unfortunate.
    Technically, they didn't nerf it if you do the same amount of invasions in the same amount of time iirc, its more of a nerf to people who have limited time which is a perfectly reasonable complaint. Someone did the math but I forget what it was.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now.
    Is this true? didn't see any change after the hotfix.
    Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sergioquijadaart
    Webpage: http://www.sergioquijada.cl
    Twitter: @sergioquijada
    Instagram: @sergioquijada

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    Technically, they didn't nerf it if you do the same amount of invasions in the same amount of time iirc, its more of a nerf to people who have limited time which is a perfectly reasonable complaint. Someone did the math but I forget what it was.
    That's assuming you are going to AFK the rest of the time or log off. And that usually is not the case when trying to level as fast as possible. Before it took around 40 mins every 4 hours. Now its 60 mins every 2 hours and the xp is around the same. So simple maths.. we get the same xp now in 4 hours as we got in 2 hours and 40 minutes before. Or purely doing invasions you are spending 3 times as much time to get the same XP reward.

They dropped the xp gains to below what someone would gain by going instances/questing, so if that ain't a nerf then what is. Now with the XP buff to monsters it's fine again when you are alone, but with peak hours you can just forget it.

On my 76 Priest.. I get around 500k xp/hour from doing Instances/questing. After this nerf I got 77k XP in 20 minutes from an invasion. That results around 230k XP/hr. Before this the XP/hr was pretty comparable between Instance spam and 20 min invasion as a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a nerf, at least until you get epic flying. Factoring in the travel time from invasion to invasion and now that you get less per each, it'd more efficient to just spam dungeons again, even with the buffed mob HP.

Blizzard is really pushing those $60 boosts.

Buffs mob HP in low level dungeons which lowers the XP/hour people get. Reduces invasion XP/hour not even a week later.

Do NOT contribute, it's still not worth it.

You get 400 xp for elites at level 75 while the stages still give 12k and 21k.

More time spent and less experience is what I'm seeing. If you sit all day doing this maybe some gains but more effort. It's still a big nerf. If they nerfed the extra chest from doing more than two invasions per reset instead it would be a better solution than gutting experience.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-08-17 at 04:16 AM.

Fun detected.
    Fun nerfed.
    Laugh at blacklash.
    Blizzard 101
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Just did an invasion on my 77 Druid. Total xp from stage completions was 135k. During that time, I managed 172k xp from killing mobs. Some individual mobs were giving me more xp from a single kill than the xp from completion of Stages 1 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Cba with this at this slow ass rate. I'll get my alt to 60 so my profs get maxed when I use my 100 boost, but giving up on leveling to 100 through invasions. GJ Blizz, GJ.
    well that is what they wanted though, more people like you more $$ for them.. I sense your sarcasm but technically its a actually GJ by them they will now make a profit by doing this !!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Proof of "Whatever we implement in a game, people will figure out something that is marginally more effective and will do that"
    Well they basically told people to take thier leveling toons to invasions on twitter.

Welp, came back and was actually contributing in these invasions, while having fun leveling characters; Guess I'll jump ship for the time being!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless Cynic View Post
    Just did an invasion on my 77 Druid. Total xp from stage completions was 135k. During that time, I managed 172k xp from killing mobs. Some individual mobs were giving me more xp from a single kill than the xp from completion of Stages 1 or 3.
    If you solo mobs it gives you quite a bit. But if a higher level player comes along and just breaths on the mob your xp gain goes way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So wait 8 hours before I can do a invasion then, making this take even longer and dungeons even faster. Also you would be amazed at how many people don't have two seat mounts.
    Honestly this idea that getting around as a low-level character takes too long is ... well no not really ... but I want to say it's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum.

ENJOY the time that you have to spend on the ground. When I level a toon, I certainly do.

If you just want to spam toons to level 100, the best way for you to do that is spend 4 hours making pizzas, then go buy a boost. It's sure as hell faster.

It's nice and all that they raised the xp on mobs...except for on servers like mine where it's 100 Horde and 7 Alliance at an invasion...and yes, I know you can turn off pvp in your faction's zones, but anywhere else you can't do anything but afk in the air or stand way off on the side of the map if you don't have a flying mount. This isn't a case of "blah blah pvp on pvp server", you can't fight off the whole Horde population on your own. Yes, I want free good xp again for my alts for doing next to nothing, since half the time I am unable to do anything!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Honestly this idea that getting around as a low-level character takes too long is ... well no not really ... but I want to say it's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum.
    You must have only read about 2 posts ever on here then!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.

Not if you're thinking of it as XP per time invested. I'm getting about 40% of the XP I had been getting per invasion. That means I have to spend 2-1/2 times longer playing the game for the same rewards. That's a nerf in my book.