Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Bad lock is bad. Sad. Bad. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Basically, VDH now is what BDKs used to be when they came out. They have VERY high self healing.

DK self healing has been nerfed in PvP because it's now balanced around raid levels of damage intake (DS heals for 20% of all damage DKs received in last 5s or 10% of their HP, whichever is more) this is a healing nerf for PvP. On top of which their DS now costs RP instead of Runes which means they have to build it up SLOWLY instead of using it immediately whenever they have runes up.

DH healing on other hand is NOT based on incoming damage, but rather their attack power. This means, they can get crazy high healing (I've already healed my self for over 200k with my DH from ONE Soul Cleave, just from pulling in 3 or 4 Soul Fragments. Compare that to my DK who has 700k HP and will only be able to heal himself for 70k unless I pop VB CD or something, plus DS is harder to ramp up than DH's SC).

Another thing is, DH can now store pain and then unleash 2 huge heals back to back and pretty much complete heal themselves assuming they have some Soul Frags around. All while doing high damage because the same ability that heals them is also their highest hitting ability that also does AoE damage.... Think of it as a BrM's Keg Smash but instead of snaring, it heals the DH for a huge amount.
    Yeah that's so true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was it a tank DH?

They deal stupid amounts of dmg and are very tanky, they have some sort of cd/buff that lowers magic damage taken by 30% for x seconds.

But honestly even then, you should be able to 1v1 a Dh with relative ease. Spam fear on him while withering him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    if you saw me in real life because i would've probably broken your jaw.
    Really? Jesus threats are so cheap.

Anyway, don't dismiss people opinion just because. I play a VDH and I got my ass handed to me by a warlock, i'm having some trouble dealing with mages too. The rest i kinda can deal with one way or another.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    So...this means i can go Vengeance for PvP?

I was thinking about doing it but i wasn't sure if Vengeance had enough damage to be productive.
    Totally fell in love with the hability Illidan's grasp and i don't want to be one shoted.

Is it a good idea? Or is this only good pre expansion where everything is messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Really? Jesus threats are so cheap.

Anyway, don't dismiss people opinion just because. I play a VDH and I got my ass handed to me by a warlock, i'm having some trouble dealing with mages too. The rest i kinda can deal with one way or another.
    Wasnt a threat really, as i will never see this punk in real life anyways.

Maybe you havent noticed, but ive stated earlier, that i dont have a problem dealing with this class in BGs. It's the Open World PvP ive been talking all along. Stat Templates do not apply here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjarl Grimblood View Post
    Wasnt a threat really, as i will never see this punk in real life anyways.

Maybe you havent noticed, but ive stated earlier, that i dont have a problem dealing with this class in BGs. It's the Open World PvP ive been talking all along. Stat Templates do not apply here.
    I lost to a warlock and later to a mage in a world PvP scenario. So I don't believe it needs fixing now anyway, for the simple fact that everything has to be balanced around level 110.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

op does not know how to lock

10+ Year Old Account
    If they healed them self then they played as a tanks. Havoc has almost no heals at all. Only small 20k heals with good luck that you have to pick up from the ground (sacrifice good talent for this) or kill a target to get bigger heal. Vengeance (tank) DHs are actually good atm in pvp if played well. They heal quite alot and has nice dmg reductions.

That trinket is something I use as well since it is extremely good. If you ask me normal dps should not be able to win tank in 1v1, healer should not be able to win in 1v1 against tanks or dps and all dps specs should have selfheals that help them to survive lil bit on their own. Nothing good tho. (rogue is good example).
    But this game ain't balanced for 1v1 so meh ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    heh maybe. I would been taking this more seriously if it would been any other class than warlock... Quite hard to take seriously locks whining about losing in pvp since afflis are so ridiculously hard to kill atm. Specially on a on a spec that has no selfheals in combat (unless sacrificing good talent for chance to get small heals).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    No Dps should not heal so much dmg reduce np immunity for some time np but selfheal? with no high CD or something like sustained healing when he do dmg is to much and % form your health heals passive are the worst, i dont know if they removed most of it did only played on resto and ele pvp if i am wrong correct me.
    Tanks and healers would then be only chose for pvp. Right now and past 3 expansions pretty much every dps spec have been able to heal themself. Some more some less. Those who have been able to heal more have been best for 1v1 always. If dps cannot heal itself it's boring even in pve. You want some selfsustain for being able to stay alive lil bit and wait for the healers to heal you. Atm havoc feels so stupidly annoying to play because almost every other class have selfheals. Basically you are fighting with timer on you that will explode after 10sec while others can re-set the timer multible times to explode few seconds later. Selfheals are good thing and every spec should have atleast somekind combat selfheal with 30 sec CD max.

Havocs get some balance at 110 when they can remove dots every 1 min and have better choses to sacrifice good talents for having better selfsustain. Right now they just do tons of dmg fast because they cannot stay alive for long. That won't be the case in legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    You aren't meant to win a 1v2 against 2 of the most mobile classes' in the game as a caster unless there is a massive skill gap.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Pretty clear the OP is crazy. All he does is insult everyone who disagrees with him, and heap praise on anyone who does agree, regardless of what either of them are saying, on top of calling for nerfs to a class because he lost to two of them 2v1. Oh, you're gonna tell him to simply walk away from the DH because they can't do shit about that once they've spent their gapclosers since they have no snares or CC at all? That obviously makes you a retard who can't read. Even though what you just said made perfect sense, because it disagrees with his delusions it's retarded.

He seems so far up his own ass I wouldn't be surprised if all he did was apply 3 dots then stand there flabbergasted that they weren't dying just from that, rushing to the forum to complain about being defeated in pvp in spite of his - to his mind - flawless performance.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."