Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Are you simply zooming in the browser, or are you using the zoom tool implemented in the comic itself, in the top right corner?
    Using the zoom tool in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Using the zoom tool in the comic.
    May I ask what browser are you using? Works fine on Chrome, can clearly see the text.

10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask what browser are you using? Works fine on Chrome, can clearly see the text.
    Firefox. Even with a 32-inch screen, it's too small.

7+ Year Old Account

new map!
    new lore!
    The site of one of the most famous battles during the Omnic Crisis, it was here that the leader of the Crusaders, Balderich von Alder, and a handful of his best soldiers made a last stand against an advancing automaton army. Outnumbered and outgunned, they were ultimately slain during the resulting combat. However, thanks to their valiant efforts, the German military was able to push back the omnic offensive and win the fight.

Formerly known as Arafal

REINHARDT HYPU !!

RIP Bastions, noone will miss you

Considering the next short is about a Bastion in Eichenwalde, I wonder if it will be a flashback to the last stand between Balderich von Alder and the Omnic armies. If it's set in the present day, then I guess this will be the Overgrown Bastion reactivating, but what threat would lurk in the town? Every cinematic so far has had a fight, and there isn't any wildlife that's going to attack a machine, and the town appears to have been long abandoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the next short is about a Bastion in Eichenwalde, I wonder if it will be a flashback to the last stand between Balderich von Alder and the Omnic armies. If it's set in the present day, then I guess this will be the Overgrown Bastion reactivating, but what threat would lurk in the town? Every cinematic so far has had a fight, and there isn't any wildlife that's going to attack a machine, and the town appears to have been long abandoned.
    I'm assuming it'll be a flashback to the last battle our beloved Bastion had to fight, merely because there has to be some sort of fight, and Bastion (In its current form) will avoid conflict if possible

7+ Year Old Account
    1 and a half hours till the new bastion short.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axPSTHRYpZw
    here's the live stream

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    1 and a half hours till the new bastion short.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axPSTHRYpZw
    here's the live stream
    Incoming people playing Bastion all night!

I do have a lot of love for that robot though, can't wait either

My(good) problem is that I'm going to lunch with coworkers so I won't be able to see it until I come back! I have no love for Bastion but I am looking forward to his animated short.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

7+ Year Old Account
    the short was so cute!
    and dark at the same time.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Them feels.

It's exactly what I expected and it was still impactful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've no idea how Bastion can be in the main plot now. He ignored his protocol
    and now lives in a forest that doesn't look like it gets much human interaction
    from, given its extremely far location from the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That's what we were told to begin with though. That he malfunctioned somehow and wandered the world, far from humans, as it would be bad if he started killing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, its just that I can't imagine, given the current set up of the plot,
    how Bastion can ever be introduced to the main ongoing conflict between the rest
    of the cast.

I suppose they could be world building, introducing characters that exist, and may
    not get brought into the main plot, and instead have isolated stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "At this moment bastion realised that even though he left vietnam, vietnam will never leave him. He would forever be doomed to look up to the trees, searching for charlies".

We have no idea when this scene took place. It could have been decades ago. Between that time and the present, any number of things could have happened to have him introduced to the Overwatch team.

I understand that, its just that I can't imagine, given the current set up of the plot,
    how Bastion can ever be introduced to the main ongoing conflict between the rest
    of the cast.

I suppose they could be world building, introducing characters that exist, and may
    not get brought into the main plot, and instead have isolated stories.
    The game isn't exactly canon. Bastion is just part of that world, and he could happen to be in some conflicts by accident. He wouldn't join Overwatch, Talon or any faction, he'd just be caught in the firefight at some point.

If anything, players should feel guilty for forcing poor Bastion to fight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    We have no idea when this scene took place. It could have been decades ago. Between that time and the present, any number of things could have happened to have him introduced to the Overwatch team.
    It happened about 10 years after the Omnic Wars; so about 15 years before the current game time.