Demon Skin is fine, our new soul leech is REALLY strong in PVE, so it was in PVP.

Rot and Decay was the root of the problem, according to some of the pro PVP's playing as afflic.

Unstable and Intellect was overnerf, at least by the ammount nerfed, but unless you play a lot and go on the beta forums/twitter, it won't change. I suggest every Warlock that likes to PVP to go there and say your thoughts.

Realistically the only issue I had was the intellect and UA nerf. May aswell give affliction locks a feather now to tickle to our opponents to death.

Seems WoW is starting to cater more and more to melee players now. Just because we can't be GCD'd people throw tantrums like children then we end up getting the short end of the stick as usual.

That and seeing us affliction locks pulling good damage in bg's which firstly means absolutely nothing because our damage is applied and dealt unlike most other classes in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be signing up for twitter today too so I am able to voice my thoughts to blizz.

If we could get a bunch of guys from here to maybe group up and tell them what we think we might be able to get the int and UA nerf changed...

Would highly appreciate getting the support of some of the fellow affliction locks from the forums here.

Deleted
    I have recently been doing research into which class to main in Legion, primarily PvP in 2v2 and 3v3.

Affi looks awesome at the moment, with the primarly DoT driven gameplay, great survivability, and some interesting CC.

My main concern is the Artifact active abilities that seem to require a kill to activate, making them seem quite useless in arena.

Have I missed something? Have they changed?
    (Please tell me I've missed something :P)

They have not changed. This is basically (one facet of) the entire point of the PvP stat profiles thing, where they can tune to account for the fact that Affliction probably won't get much use out of two of its gold traits.

Deleted
    So do you think it will be viable in arena? And in what way will the playstyle change at end-game, because if we aren't using the artifact moves then surely the playstyle will be a bit simplistic?

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Demon Skin is fine, our new soul leech is REALLY strong in PVE, so it was in PVP.

Rot and Decay was the root of the problem, according to some of the pro PVP's playing as afflic.

Unstable and Intellect was overnerf, at least by the ammount nerfed, but unless you play a lot and go on the beta forums/twitter, it won't change. I suggest every Warlock that likes to PVP to go there and say your thoughts.
    People really need to be better at complaining. It's the REAL metagame

Deleted

Amusingly Rot and Decay is stronger than ever now, just in a different way and it's turned affliction into a ST nuke class in pvp as opposed to rot, so much for class fantasy.

UA dispels are based on the net damage of UA, so if you stack it high enough and then extend the duration significantly with RnD you can have it ticking away for a few hundred k a tick and, if dispelled, have it hit for upwards of 5mil I think was the top end that I've seen.

I don't really expect that to stay as is though. I'm sure half the affliction nerfs have came as a result of people seeing big numbers on UA dispels or BG meters and not understanding why, so crying about it. I can already see the "I just got hit for x million by a UA, nerf it!" posts now. It's currently a pretty punishing spec if you don't play around it, but Blizzard seem to hate punishing people for not playing around things. It's the reason for UA nerfs and Chaos Bolt hitting like a wet noodle.

Affliction is arguably stronger after the RnD change, but like I said, I don't expect it to stick and it's honestly not how I want affliction to play really, let me rot.

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    People really need to be better at complaining. It's the REAL metagame
    I don't get what you're saying and if it's directed at me. I THINK what you tried to say is that even if people go to twitter/forums, all they do is scream loud without evidence or personal experience with facts to build up. If that's it, it still counts, but it usually takes more time and it's less effective, but counts as feedback.

The other thing that crossed my mind is that you tried to say that Affliction isn't weak, but rather Mages/ Rogues / Demon Hunters are clearly outliers and it's flooding the meta with it's OPness.

Either way, it's two faces of the same coin. I don't know which is better though, feedback complaining about other classes is often seen as "lulz, u gonna cry?!" sadly.

@Nagassh

It's still strong, but an user on the beta forums described it better than me on http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...474998#post-18

The pressure you could apply on the team as a whole was stronger and thus synergises better with the rot team.

The argument against the UA nerf was that letting Affliction roll a 5 "stacks" UA on you should be a punishment, it's the same kind of setup any caster can do if left alone.

Blizzard have mentioned all classes are balanced around arena 3's right. Any good 3's team won't let you get a UA off. Opponents should be punished for letting a UA through. Now classes are dispelling them more and more regularly because they're so weak.

Not to mention the int nerf, As I mentioned our pressure is spread and our class is played differently to others which is why we're pulling good damage in BG's not to mentioned the sustained dmg affliction has.

People need to stop crying for nerfs when they see classes pulling big numbers in bg's. Those numbers are completely irrelevant and affliction always gets hit hard with nerfs.

We need to speak up and stand up for the class we play otherwise blizzard will keep shitting on it and taking advantage of it, All because of a few people posting what they think and how we can't be gc'd or even a stupid mistake like dispelling UA's.

It's so easy to out heal all of our dots, I've seen it countless times in pvp and now we've been hit with more nerfs. Supposedly since this guy left from the dev team at blizzard a few years ago locks have been getting the short end of the stick.

I don't get what you're saying and if it's directed at me. I THINK what you tried to say is that even if people go to twitter/forums, all they do is scream loud without evidence or personal experience with facts to build up. If that's it, it still counts, but it usually takes more time and it's less effective, but counts as feedback.

The other thing that crossed my mind is that you tried to say that Affliction isn't weak, but rather Mages/ Rogues / Demon Hunters are clearly outliers and it's flooding the meta with it's OPness.

Either way, it's two faces of the same coin. I don't know which is better though, feedback complaining about other classes is often seen as "lulz, u gonna cry?!" sadly.

You are mistaken and assuming much. Being good at complaining obviously doesnt mean screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    You are mistaken and assuming much. Being good at complaining obviously doesnt mean screaming.
    I'm listening. Now tell me when did I say what you implied I did.

Deleted
    I'm listening. Now tell me when did I say what you implied I did.
    He probably means that when warlock nerfs inevitably hit, we go "oh, ok, that... sucks I guess" or "oh, that's -50% damage? well, I need to update the sims" or even "20% down!? wow, that's a bit much... but I guess it's justified".

Whereas when Mages or Hunters, for example, get nerfed, they immediately mobilize and flock to the forums to complain. Some scream, some plead, some reason, it doesn't matter. They get their way often enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    He probably means that when warlock nerfs inevitably hit, we go "oh, ok, that... sucks I guess" or "oh, that's -50% damage? well, I need to update the sims" or even "20% down!? wow, that's a bit much... but I guess it's justified".

Whereas when Mages or Hunters, for example, get nerfed, they immediately mobilize and flock to the forums to complain. Some scream, some plead, some reason, it doesn't matter. They get their way often enough.
    Honestly it's felt far more like the devs just don't have a clue what to do with warlocks for multiple expansions now. BRF was one of the most stark examples where they were just spinning the demo-dial from 1-11 and back. They don't give the impression that they listen to feedback too much at all since there's been multiple occasions where things have been pointed out as broken on beta for months, went live broken, then needed to be nerfed because lo and behold, warlocks are chaos-waving entire arena teams down and Blizzard somehow act like this wasn't brought up.

Anyone else think the "Sweet Souls" trait is crap? Healthstones aren't used in group content because they heal for less than potions but still share a cd

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Anyone else think the "Sweet Souls" trait is crap? Healthstones aren't used in group content because they heal for less than potions but still share a cd
    Lol, hell yes healthstones are used. People are way the shit too lazy to farm up health potions for the minor difference they give.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    With some coordination u can easily do stuff away from everyone else, like handle some mechanic or add solo if someone pops a HS every now and than when u might need a hp boost...Affl self healing is good as is, but this just takes it over the top

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Lol, hell yes healthstones are used. People are way the shit too lazy to farm up health potions for the minor difference they give.
    I've gotten yelled at if I didn't immediately drop a well for health stones. People love free things.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Putting pathetic fanbois, white knight nitwits, and cunt anti-flyers on /ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    ...when warlock nerfs inevitably hit, we go...I guess it's justified".
    WAY too much of that going on - people bending over to accept nerfs. Whether or not a nerf is justified doesn't mean shit.

"Well, this nerf was justified, now things are balanced, we can get on with the game". No, there's no such place. Just more nerfs. And why not? People were okay with the last set of nerfs...
    Terms used by morons: "passive-aggressive", "lol", "lel", "kek", "um", "welp", "dat", "legendberries", & "you do realize".
    People who use "/thread" are not morons - even morons aren't that fucked up.
    But for abject, pathetic stupidity - nobody beats the "Hay if u dont play wow why u on theez bords lol" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Hmm, not sure how easy hp potions are to get in legion, but in WoD it's a joke since everyone can make them with lvl 1 first aid. My guild told us to not use HS for that reason.

if nothing else, u get 50% of your max hp as healing from your HS so at least u get some benefit from the trait...its preety much a full heal on demand