Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I'd say recolors make a huge difference. Twilight Drake is one of my favorite mounts, but I wouldn't be caught dead riding Experiment 12-B.

But to tackle those points with recolors not making a difference:

- Scarab Lord mount is comparable to the blue archaeology mount, sure.
    - Corrupted Ashbringer is more than a recolor of the Ashbringer. Most notable is the circle on it that becomes a skull.
    - MoP CM sets are only recolors for... 2 (?) classes. The rest have pieces which are different models.
    - Some Naxx40 weapons returned, but there are definitely others which even to this day, have unique models. Take the staff that dropped off KT for example.

And yeah, ring was just a point that Blizzard does like to permanently remove things.
    Slight segue, but removing the ring questline is a mistake and will further cement WoD as an abortion. Critical plot elements for Legion are contained within that questchain, like the fall of Cordana. They really need to add it back in and give a different ring reward (i.e. epic 735 ring with no use effect).

This isn't like say Shadowmourne, which has no long term bearing on the story, this is intertwined with many events in the buildup to Legion.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why you even wanna get the staff? 2 weeks and you get 750 artifact weapon from first quests of legion. Also don't ya get 1x 700 ilevel weapon from the Broken Shore quest chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Slight segue, but removing the ring questline is a mistake and will further cement WoD as an abortion. Critical plot elements for Legion are contained within that questchain, like the fall of Cordana. They really need to add it back in and give a different ring reward (i.e. epic 735 ring with no use effect).
    ...Jesus fucking Christ, people will take any opportunity imaginable to shit on WoD. Were you just as upset about the Legendary cloak in MoP being removed for literally the same fucking reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Many believe the staff was removed. If that is really all you want from the event you might want to verify that it is still in game.
    I certainly haven't seen a damn staff on my priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Why you even wanna get the staff? 2 weeks and you get 750 artifact weapon from first quests of legion. Also don't ya get 1x 700 ilevel weapon from the Broken Shore quest chain?
    and you get an ilvl 800 chest item from val sharah without even needing to do a dungeon lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...Jesus fucking Christ, people will take any opportunity imaginable to shit on WoD. Were you just as upset about the Legendary cloak in MoP being removed for literally the same fucking reason?
    The cloak was an even bigger offender. Tmog item, access to an area, and a good chuck of storyline that's just gone.

But I'm of the mindset that removed content is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Why are people even complaining about it... I mean in 2 weeks we get our Artifact weapons anyways. Also you must be having bad luck. I got the glaive and a 1h axe on my DH, there's still a few more pieces I need to have a full 700 ilvl set and then of course upgrade the weapons. All that being said though, if I don't get it all oh well, it'll be replaced in 2 weeks.
    That's what I can't figure out either. Seems downright stupid they wasted time and resources designing those weapons knowing they're going to just up and be useless in about 13 days.

That aside, I've yet to see the staff drop for anyone, so it most likely didn't make it to live.

Also pretty stupid they designed the one handed sword and mace but no offhand either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play MoP, so I can't comment on that, but what you've said indicates that they've now made this mistake twice. If they want people to actually pay attention to levelling, they need to have the full story there.

Reread my post - I don't care that the legendary is gone, i care that large parts of the story are missing for new and returning players.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I didn't play MoP, so I can't comment on that, but what you've said indicates that they've now made this mistake twice. If they want people to actually pay attention to levelling, they need to have the full story there.

Reread my post - I don't care that the legendary is gone, i care that large parts of the story are missing for new and returning players.
    I read your post. The Legendary questlines are time-inclusive for a reason: To Give players an incentive to do the content while it's current. The comparison to previous Legendaries is non-important since the MoP/WoD Legendaries followed a much different line of thought from the devs. (Legendaries for one player -> Legendaries for everybody.) If you missed the opportunity, that's on you not Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read your post. The Legendary questlines are time-inclusive for a reason: To Give players an incentive to do the content while it's current. The comparison to previous Legendaries is non-important since the MoP/WoD Legendaries followed a much different line of thought from the devs. (Legendaries for one player -> Legendaries for everybody.) If you missed the opportunity, that's on you not Blizzard.
    Jesus christ, am I talking to a wall?

Explain to me how a new or returning player coming to the game in Week 1 of Legion is supposed to understand Cordana and why she is now evil. Without reading a wiki or any external source.

And the incentive to do the content when it's current is the fucking legendary.

Edit: and the comparison to past Legendaries is important because it highlights the key difference. THEY DON'T AFFECT THE BLOODY STORY. Removing Shadowmourne or Thunderfury would make no difference to the story because their chains don't explain future events.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-08-17 at 06:14 AM.

Jesus christ, am I talking to a wall?

Explain to me how a new or returning player coming to the game in Week 1 of Legion is supposed to understand Cordana and why she is now evil. Without reading a wiki or any external source.

And the incentive to do the content when it's current is the fucking legendary.

Edit: and the comparison to past Legendaries is important because it highlights the key difference. THEY DON'T AFFECT THE BLOODY STORY. Removing Shadowmourne or Thunderfury would make no difference to the story because their chains don't explain future events.
    If you're a week 1 returning player, then wouldn't you expect to understand you missed out on some of the story and therefore want to actively seek the information yourself? If you're watching a three part movie and skip the second part, is it the fault of the moviemaker for failing to explain what happened in the movie you intentionally skipped?

Your criticism that not being able to do the questline after the expansion is over is minuscule at best and outright petty at worst.

Deleted
    Purely anecdotal, personal experience. But yesterday I finished gearing my DK from invasions. At first, he got a lot of duplicates (hands and wrists), then the other pieces started to drop. And once I had a full set (1 warforged piece from 12 boxes), guess what? The weapon droped At least by that time I had enough Coalescent Fel and shards to upgrade it instantly

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a week 1 returning player, then wouldn't you expect to understand you missed out on some of the story and therefore want to actively seek the information yourself? If you're watching a three part movie and skip the second part, is it the fault of the moviemaker for failing to explain what happened in the movie you intentionally skipped?

Your criticism that not being able to do the questline after the expansion is over is minuscule at best and outright petty at worst.
    Are you being intentionally dense?

The movie analogy is great, except you've messed it up completely. No moviemaker is going to remove the second part of the movie .

If I don't watch The Empire Strikes Back, doesn't mean the option isn't there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alianna View Post
    Purely anecdotal, personal experience. But yesterday I finished gearing my DK from invasions. At first, he got a lot of duplicates (hands and wrists), then the other pieces started to drop. And once I had a full set (1 warforged piece from 12 boxes), guess what? The weapon droped At least by that time I had enough Coalescent Fel and shards to upgrade it instantly
    I've had no less than three 2h axes drop - it's definitely people having a bad luck streak.

Are you being intentionally dense?

The movie analogy is great, except you've messed it up completely. No moviemaker is going to remove the second part of the movie .

If I don't watch The Empire Strikes Back, doesn't mean the option isn't there.
    The movie analogy applied to the storyline aspect (which seems to be where your beef is) but video games are obviously not the same as movies. Since WoW is iterative, it has to be expected that some things get removed as the game evolves. It's Blizzard's design choice to make the long Legendary quest lines from MoP/WoD obsolete. I'd wager it has a lot to do with how they require you to spend a lot of time doing shit in obsolete instances. But since they take so long to complete, it really can't be expected that new/returning players would feel left out of storyline elements contained therein since most people playing in new expansions are focusing on leveling and experiencing the current content. You're making a huge deal about an issue so completely irrelevant it can be alleviated by a single fucking Google search.

Now, you can complain about how the removal of content is bad for the game. That's a valid complaint. But to describe WoD as an "abortion" because of the storyline elements contained within the Legendary questline which were removed is pretty fucking petty.

You get a free iLvl 750 weapon once you start leveling in Legion. What's the problem here? Not like your alt is going to do any significant damage with or without the weapon at this point.

The movie analogy applied to the storyline aspect (which seems to be where your beef is) but video games are obviously not the same as movies. Since WoW is iterative, it has to be expected that some things get removed as the game evolves. It's Blizzard's design choice to make the long Legendary quest lines from MoP/WoD obsolete. I'd wager it has a lot to do with how they require you to spend a lot of time doing shit in obsolete instances. But since they take so long to complete, it really can't be expected that new/returning players would feel left out of storyline elements contained therein since most people playing in new expansions are focusing on leveling and experiencing the current content. You're making a huge deal about an issue so completely irrelevant it can be alleviated by a single fucking Google search.

Now, you can complain about how the removal of content is bad for the game. That's a valid complaint. But to describe WoD as an "abortion" because of the storyline elements contained within the Legendary questline which were removed is pretty fucking petty.
    I agree... what I can see happening though is maybe going to the lorekeeper and having a little 3min cutscene or something that explains what's happened at set times, it would allow you to see the stories you missed and understand some characters. Also some things though like Cordana could be explained that way, though its also in the dungeon journal stating that she followed and helped Khadgar but was twisted by Gul'dan and now serves him. But I guess that would require people to read the 4-5 sentences about the bosses in the Dungeon Journal.. that most forget about and then wonder why they can't beat a boss or say "I didn't know about that ability" when all you have to do is press Shift-J!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You get a free iLvl 750 weapon once you start leveling in Legion. What's the problem here? Not like your alt is going to do any significant damage with or without the weapon at this point.
    Mostly due to transmogging. As it has a slightly different color scheme compared to the Alliance quest reward. Nothing special, but nice to collect.

Deleted
    What's the point of these rewards really anyway? Is it actually just for the first hours of leveling come Legion?

Seems daft to farm all the weapon upgrades to replace it in 30 minutes.

My nemesis item was boots, I seem to get 1h mace every invasion. I've gotten double legs from the same box twice. I wish there was a staff. No point upgrading 1h mace without an offhand. No clue where to get an offhand, not wasting my Marks of Honor on that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The staff did not make it into the game