Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Bing, or Bob?
    Sidney, he's got that moustache.

Fanfiction is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    Wasn't an argument. It was a rant.

It is me stating how I feel when someone is raped, and chooses to never come forward until only after another person is raped. Then they wanna be all like "Oh, you were raped? You know, I was raped by this guy too. I didn't say anything about it though until now. Welcome to the club!!!"

I won't change your mind and quite frankly I don't care to try.

You won't change mine either. But at the end of the day I know that I will never help a rapist commit more rape cause I will report it ASAP and encourage others to do so.

Cause, you know...I want rapists to go to prison.
    Yes, it's very easy to say that on an internet forum. Most actual victims think that way before it happens to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Yes, it's very easy to say that on an internet forum. Most actual victims think that way before it happens to them as well.
    It's also easy to say you're fine with rapists going free on an Internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    ya, jesus.. maybe its likely that a juror or someone in the courtroom might have caught on, but damn. that could have really sucked. I imagine the family is a little strained now
    The family is probably going to vilify him if he doesn't forgive and forget, with things like "kids don't know any better" or "but she's still your daughter!"

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Cause...you know...I don't have a little cousin who was raped by an older man who had a history of this sort of thing but none of his past victims had the balls to step up and take him to trial?

Cause, I have not ever been a sexual assault victim and put my personal feelings aside to do my part in putting a bad person behind bars or at least trying?

Nah. Every victim needs to shut their face and just be coddled while their rapist run free. Cause if they get brought to trial, how can we all bitch about unreported rape statistics and low rape convictions?

logic!!!

So go on and support rapists walking free. Do you friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Juries have no place at rape trials – victims deserve unprejudiced justice
    Irony: unprejudiced justice is prejudiced.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-08-17 at 02:44 AM.

Out of curiosity: Is there any information on how old she is?

Frankly what do you do with a "kid" that has done that? Disowning and casting her out is probably not an option. I guess we know too little about the family, depending on the situation and if there was a mother and how she reacted the solution might be rather simple..

But then under what rock do you have to live to not know that 50 shades of brown is smut? Kudos for knowing what her favorite book was, that saved his ass, but he will only get laughter and finger-pointing from me when it comes to knowing what the book is about. You have to be incredibly ignorant not knowing what a book with such media hype was about, not even vaguely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    IMO, it's ironic when a child does something egregious to their parent. With very few exceptions, the child is the way they are because of bad parenting in the first place. Kinda like when you see a child misbehaving in public and the thought that comes to mind is wishing someone would fix the parents.

As bad as prejudging is, the dad (and mom) should shoulder some of the blade for not teaching their daughter any better than they did.
    I couldn't find out how old the child was. But I certainly see where you are coming from, if the child is very young...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I couldn't find out how old the child was. But I certainly see where you are coming from, if the child is very young...
    I wonder what they instilled in her to give her the idea to craft a false rape story and use it against Daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I wonder what they instilled in her to give her the idea to craft a false rape story and use it against Daddy.
    Is was the Patriarchy clearly.

Another post victim blaming. This time, the dad gets blamed. I see a pattern here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Another post victim blaming. This time, the dad gets blamed. I see a pattern here.
    I don't know if it is entirely fair to or not; but it would seem reasonable to hold parents at least somewhat accountable for the actions of their children...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't know if it is entirely fair to or not; but it would seem reasonable to hold parents at least somewhat accountable for the actions of their children...
    I guess this could only happen if you were a terrible parent. Maybe he had it coming.

Dat male privilege. He was lucky to renew the membership in time, it almost bit him hard.

I guess this could only happen if you were a terrible parent. Maybe he had it coming.
    Maybe. But wouldn't any investigation shed light on that? I mean, he was being investigated for raping his daughter, surely if he was a shit parent they would have uncovered something?

I think parents are "mostly" accountable for their kid until their teens. The simple fact that it is considered the norm for teens to rebel should absolve parents of most blame.

Tell your kid do their homework, don't do drugs and go to bed on time

Kid gets mad, sneaks out, tries drugs or whatever...That shouldn't be the parents fault if the kids is a 14 year old little shit. At that point all you gotta do is protect them from themselves as best you can until they grow up and stop being retarded little balls of angst. But then you have folks condemning you for being a "helicopter parent."

I dunno. I guess what I am saying is that each case is unique and too many fuckers out there like to pass judgement like they are the world's leading authority on parenting and every child is a carbon copy robot that simple steps will easily work on.

Maybe. But wouldn't any investigation shed light on that? I mean, he was being investigated for raping his daughter, surely if he was a shit parent they would have uncovered something?

I think parents are "mostly" accountable for their kid until their teens. The simple fact that it is considered the norm for teens to rebel should absolve parents of most blame.

Tell your kid do their homework, don't do drugs and go to bed on time

Kid gets mad, sneaks out, tries drugs or whatever...That shouldn't be the parents fault if the kids is a 14 year old little shit. At that point all you gotta do is protect them from themselves as best you can until they grow up and stop being retarded little balls of angst. But then you have folks condemning you for being a "helicopter parent."

I dunno. I guess what I am saying is that each case is unique and too many fuckers out there like to pass judgement like they are the world's leading authority on parenting and every child is a carbon copy robot that simple steps will easily work on.
    Don't mind me. I'm just being slightly smug about how it might be the parents fault this happened to them.

And truly wondering when people feel less inclined to blame parents. I've seen people argue parents should be responsible for their children under 30.

Don't mind me. I'm just being slightly smug about how it might be the parents fault this happened to them.

And truly wondering when people feel less inclined to blame parents. I've seen people argue parents should be responsible for their children under 30.
    All good but regarding the bolded... Jesus H Christ! So what? you are not an adult or have any agency until you are in your 30's?

Wow...Some people are crazy. How can you be allowed to do everything (including have kids of your own) but all your actions will be your parent's fault until 30?

I know it's not you, just wondering who these people are that think like this.

All good but regarding the bolded... Jesus H Christ! So what? you are not an adult or have any agency until you are in your 30's?

Wow...Some people are crazy. How can you be allowed to do everything (including have kids of your own) but all your actions will be your parent's fault until 30?

I know it's not you, just wondering who these people are that think like this.
    Paraphrasing from some past neighbors: Parents nowadays raise their kids to leave the house but not behave outside it. You'd see that change if they were responsible for their overgrown children.

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    The girl is 100% to blame for her actions. I'm just thinking the "victim" is a pretty bad father to have raised a child who was capable of doing this - thus the irony...that's all I'm saying.