Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think people who are corrupted by old gods are kind of banned from being death knights, plus his manner of death would present a challenge.

The only way I'd be ok with him getting rezed is if they chain him up and use him as a targeting dummy like the demon hunters do with demons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Honestly Garrosh was a very powerful and skilled warrior. That reason alone is enough to resurrect him, as long as he remains enthralled to someone in the Ebon Hold that is. Otherwise he'll just be a bad guy again.
    If you give garrosh his full power as undead and free will, he will rebel because only a being on the level of the lich king can control such powerfull undead.
    If you don't give him free will or his full power, he is just a upsized ghoul so what's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Looking back on Garrosh, I feel nothing but disappointment. Here was a fascinating character that was a victim of just terrible writing. In some quests, he was a conflicted, complex Orc with a strong moral compass even as he was a brutal adversary to his enemies. And then he'd be written as a genocidal, power-hungry, very un-complex character. I thought he could finally see redemption in WoD, as he was quite nearly heroic in the WoD cinematic, but then they unceremoniously kill him off and murder Thrall's character in the meantime by having Thrall so uncharacteristically cheat. I wish things had been different, but I don't think Garrosh is a character we'll see come back ever again.
    I don't know, Garrosh was just a mess entirely in terms of writing. He's a pussy in Outland, then an intolerant Alliance hater a few months later. In WoTLK Varian comes off as a douche to the Horde, but he has every reason to hate them. The Horde killed his father, burned his city to the ground, killed Lothar his adopted father, and then his sworn brother Bolvar. Yet even then Varian is more reasonable.

Garrosh's hatred for the Alliance really can only be rationalized by the fact that he's an old school Draenor orc, and very hot headed one at that. Orcs on Draenor don't believe in diplomacy, you don't negotiate with Ogre's or other Orc tribes, you bash them on the head until they cry "uncle" or die. This makes Thrall's decision to appoint him Warchief one of the dumbest moves I've seen in the entire canon. You have options like Cairne, Vol'jin and Saurfang and you pick the most hotblooded (and newest) one of your officers.

Your right that in Cataclysm that despite his recklessness they show he's not without honor, killing a commander for using a tasteless tactic by bombing a village. Then in MoP he goes off and does the same crap....From his dialogue with Thrall in their final fight it seems the mantel of leadership and the lack of guidance from his "brother" Thrall, along with his "Daddy Issues" pushed him off the edge.

But in reality what I truly think happened is Blizzard had a decision, either Garrosh or Sylvannas had to go bad. We didn't like Garrosh anyway so he was picked. If we had to kill Sylvannas people would have been livid.

He didn't regret anything he had done, so he wouldn't care for redemption if it was offered to him.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Not everyone needs or deserves redemption though.

Garrosh is one of them. He had his spotlight and chance. Raising him would be dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    If not that genocidal moron with the daddy issues,we wouldn't have to face the Legion now,you know?
    Actually we would either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    okay hear me out, what about no
    Ohhh I wish I had space for this on my sig xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Not everyone needs or deserves redemption though.

Garrosh is one of them. He had his spotlight and chance. Raising him would be dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually we would either way.
    Actually how?

Garrosh was good when he was just one of the hot headed general of the horde, he had some cool dialogue lines in warsong hold, crusader coliseum and icc but nothing more than that. Thrall and Saurfang had the mean to keep him in check and he was the general who incarnate those horde who don't like the alliance but he wasn't a faction leader even less the warchief all the rubbish blizzard elaborated after that is mere bs, and should be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    This is his chance for a redemption. Garrosh's story ended abruptly and stupidly in a way that makes me think Garrosh was the one who was supposed to die at the Broken Shore. Let us Death Knight's raise him so he can have a second chance to fight the Legion.
    I would love to see more of Garrosh...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Na. The man decided to become the leader of a racial supremacist movement with genocidal decisions that ultimately lead to him to repeatedly trying to kill everyone who every trusted him, or at least his position, and he did it because he wanted every else obedient or dead. There's no redemption if he never felt he was doing anything wrong.

Rez someone who would sacrifice themselves to save others, not someone who would sacrifice others to appease their own ego.
    ...but this,

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Can we just let bad guys be bad?

What next? Xavius? Gul'dan? Kiljaeden and Archimonde?

Redemption arcs are good when they are few and far between. When you start throwing them out for every traitor, it sort of waters shit down.
    and this(!)

I really liked Garrosh, but I wish we could see more of these characters 'of the past' via 'Lore Scenarios' (for want of a better word); this way we don't dilute the characters per se, but could add depth to them and hopefully give exposure to more of their moments that lead them to the big decisions.

I know it will never happen -lore scenarios / 'moments of wow' -whatever, but it's just a riff on the idea of yeah I'd love to see more of 'x' from 'y' past as an alternative to 'rez 'em up' --I'm just fan riffing!

Deleted
    Actually how?
    We knew legion would come either way. Question is when but it was pointed that it wouldn't be long (pointed in mop by wrathion among others, he had vision or w/e).

It's like an illusion of choice. You think you have many paths to take but each of them has the same final destination. You thought you could influence the outcome but that wasn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He'll have decayed too much. We left him in the open air under the Nagrand sun after all.

Garrosh is the closest thing we have to a Hitler equvilient in wow. Why the hell would you ever want to revive Hitler?

Bring him back as a ghoul? Sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    We knew legion would come either way. Question is when but it was pointed that it wouldn't be long (pointed in mop by wrathion among others, he had vision or w/e).

It's like an illusion of choice. You think you have many paths to take but each of them has the same final destination. You thought you could influence the outcome but that wasn't the case.
    Well,tbh I even don't know how they would manage to invade the Azeroth,if not gul'dan,but yes,Blizzard made this universe and they change it whatever way they want - probably most realistic possibility for the Legion to invade if not AU gul'dan, might be through the Outland and the old fashioned way - through the Dark Portal,yet it would be too predictable and boring.

Deleted
    Yeah sure lets ress a wanna be Hitler, what could gonna wrong?

I don't see him being eligible for a redemption... although considering what they did with Grommash, they doesn't seem to stop Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly appalled at the amount of people equating Garrosh to Hitler in this thread. It's actually kind of offensive.

Deleted
    Well,tbh I even don't know how they would manage to invade the Azeroth,if not gul'dan,but yes,Blizzard made this universe and they change it whatever way they want - probably most realistic possibility for the Legion to invade if not AU gul'dan, might be through the Outland and the old fashioned way - through the Dark Portal,yet it would be too predictable and boring.
    Or they could make a rinse and repeat, make Khadgar take Guardian's power and become corrupted and open the way for the legion in place of gul'dan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Amazing how people keep latching on to the past.

But oh well..I guess..Ilidan ^^ - Expect Bolvar to do some important shit too..aka Lich King 2.0 the fiery version

- - - Updated - - -

Which is amazing for an Austrian guy, eh?
    As someone that has been living in Austria most of their life..... *psssssssssssshhhhht* people have forgotten about that, he is toootally german *wink* ^^