Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Rogue quest shows no Gilneas control. It shows Creed control. And Blackhowl control, whoever they are. Gilneas' advance beyond the Greymane Wall went up and died in Silverpine.
    A humanoid worgen population with no faction affiliation apearing out of no where.....that could live their when Gilneas could not. If your reading the quest thats far fetching.
    And your making the argument about UVG retcon yourself. If those forces in Gilneas wern't alliance than it was already abandoned by alliance. That is the retcon. Everyone expected the events in Silverpine forest ended with the alliance pulling back behind the wall. UVG writer claims about Gilneas being abandoned made only sense if the alliance left Gilneas at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yeah, I basically wanted to point out why it won't be added, drawing a parallel as to why so many other Alliance cities/kingdoms weren't introduced. It seems like Blizzard already felt like the Alliance had too much, so they started destroying larger cities/towns with each expansion.

Only way one faction can get something now is if the other gets something similar aswell, even if it includes cities. Since the Horde can only create new cities or take existing ones over, there is no way to give them something quite as good as Gilneas from scratch.
    I still found Cataclysm equalising weird. No one was too concerned about, they mainly were about event in the story rather than foothold. And the big effect on the story is still their alliance background. In WoD they did the same as well. Alliance large empire being attacking on all sides loosing stuff but defending. Horde coming out of the cracks advancing gaining new alliance (2e orc clan to my knowledge).

Alliance is set up to loose stuff and their gains are mirrored. Granted the Dwarven clans joining together was a gain that wasn't mirrored.

I do think alliance questing style has certain advantages though more depth. But Cataclysm events and the ignoring Horde agression and letting it slide because of a big threat again and again is breaking the alliance lore.

Now WoD nothing happened but going a bit of topic Legion is opening old wounds, especially with Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    A humanoid worgen population with no faction affiliation apearing out of no where.....that could live their when Gilneas could not. If your reading the quest thats far fetching.
    That means so much for the playable Gilneans and their status.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    And your making the argument about UVG retcon yourself. If those forces in Gilneas wern't alliance than it was already abandoned by alliance. That is the retcon. Everyone expected the events in Silverpine forest ended with the alliance pulling back behind the wall. UVG writer claims about Gilneas being abandoned made only sense if the alliance left Gilneas at that time.
    If "everyone" expected an unconditional surrender of GLF and escape of Bloodfang pack to Hillsbrad to mean Alliance pulling back behind the wall, they should manage their expectations better. We already knew there was jack shit there by the time Battle for Gilneas BG happens. And since we have had BG after Silverpine, the UVG information doesn't make sense after Silverpine. UVG only updated us with information that even the BG is now over. Updates aren't retcons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The Horde hasn't got an equivavalent city to retake because most of the Horde races are either not from Azeroth(orcs), they've been created following the Third War(forsaken, blood elves) or they've always been based out of Kalimdor(tauren).

The Alliance has a lot of potential territory to take because large swathes of Azeroth have belonged to the various races that comprise the Alliance. The Horde and their various races historically never came close to this, except for the trolls, but the trolls that once held enormeous territory got nothing to do with the Horde.

This difference in potential is the key as to why Gilneas isn't back, why Stromgarde had to be destroyed with an assasination plot of their king, why Dalaran was forced into becoming a crossfaction hub and why Kul Tiras wasn't reintroduced yet. Won't even go into the subject of the stories behind Grim Batol("a dark taint corrupted Grim Batol because of a dwarf's death, so the Wildhammers can never reclaim it again") and the capitals of the other races within the Alliance.
    I'd be down to introduce a little uneven scale in Alliance's favor if it allowed them to have Gilneas or Stromgarde. It's such a waste to just leave them unclaimed as they are. Plus Horde would get nice things now and then too. I mean, look at Bilgewater Harbor and Warsong Hold.

Though Gilneas is ripe for contested content, especially now with tensions between worgen and Forsaken rising again in Stormheim.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'd be down to introduce a little uneven scale in Alliance's favor if it allowed them to have Gilneas or Stromgarde. It's such a waste to just leave them unclaimed as they are. Plus Horde would get nice things now and then too. I mean, look at Bilgewater Harbor and Warsong Hold.

Though Gilneas is ripe for contested content, especially now with tensions between worgen and Forsaken rising again in Stormheim.
    If anything, both Gilneas and Stromgarde should be heavily contested; one through Genn and the other through Danath.

I hope that Kul Tiras will be a proper addition to the Alliance in the future and not yet another destroyed kingdom.