Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    So by this logic, if they nerfed the exp you gain from quests, but doubled the quests you could do, it would be a buff?

The problem here is that it takes a shit ton longer to obtain the exp. Earlier I spent about 30 minutes to finish two invasions, then logging on another alt to do the same. I could level 2-3 alts at a rather good speed by doing invasions. Now I can do it on one alt, and only if he got flying, forget about it if you don't have that yet.

So yeah, it was a nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    So by this logic, if they nerfed the exp you gain from quests, but doubled the quests you could do, it would be a buff?

The problem here is that it takes a shit ton longer to obtain the exp. Earlier I spent about 30 minutes to finish two invasions, then logging on another alt to do the same. I could level 2-3 alts at a rather good speed by doing invasions. Now I can do it on one alt, and only if he got flying, forget about it if you don't have that yet.

So yeah, it was a nerf.
    If they nerfed XP by half, gave me three time the amount of quests and said: the same set of quests will reset everyday so you can complete them again and again but not more than once per day, then it would be a buff in term of possible character XP, but a nerf in term of time investment.

Use good analogies, not biased ones.

Also, they need to rethink how mobs XP work.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Is the AFK xp the same?
    The same as it was before this change? Yes. 30-40% of what it was originally.

btw can you still save the boxes for when you get level 100 or did they fix that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Is the AFK xp the same?
    Yes. In fact if you AFK for all six invasions every four hours you get more XP than you did before they made the change. Assuming you're only leveling one or two characters, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Exactly. Invasions were all about COOPERATION. Afking over an invasion isnt cooperative behavior. Blizzard simply "responds" to exploitation by the players. Still no reason to rant or whine though all they did was make people travel a bit more to their new afk spot.
    Someone has to supervise you know...

Deleted
    The ungodly whining in this thread...

There's no satisfying people. The invasions were never meant to be some sort of long term content. The fact people still do them a lot, I haven't noticed any drop off, speaks how good they are. Even if things aren't perfect, I'd much rather Blizz spend time polishing their(let's admit it) rushed expansion.

Another good thing about invasions is that it's also a good stress test. I mean I haven't been dropped once and the invasions are swarming with players. I haven't even lagged. Whatever tech they are using, it's working smooth as butter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they could consider nerfing the damage/AoE from final stage Bosses on characters below level 91 that would encourage actively participating instead of AFKing at graveyard :-)

Getting one-shoot by an (unavoidable) AoE or not being able to tank a Boss that is supposedly of your level if you level a tank is not fun...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    The fact people still do them a lot, I haven't noticed any drop off, speaks how good they are.
    I was just in an invasion with fewer than a dozen players. I left because it was taking too long to finish the first phase.

So blizzard is a shit company making shit decisions because money (level boost in this case) what a fucking surprise.

Well, since nerf, I didnt actively participated in any invasion. Reason is simple. It gets boring. When each invasion awarded a lot of XP, It was fun. Mobs were dying slowly, but it was a good thing because I could really try my rotation. But the rewards were so good that it kept me playing, because it was just a few invasions. But since nerf you have to do a lot of invasions and it gets boring to repeat same process over and over again. Just like quests. Just like dungeons. Leveling is boring because you have to do same thing again and again just on different places. Since nerf, you have to do so many of them to level up, that I AFKed ever since...

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    So every four hours, we had two invasions.

Now, every two hours, we get three invasions.

XP has been reduced by half.

So assuming, for calculation sake, that one old event was worth "10" xp. Every four hours, you would get 20 xp. (10x2)

Now, it's worth 5. Every four hours, you get 6 events, so 6x5 is 30.

So we could say the XP got boosted, not nerfed.
    Well, no. Try to measure the xp/hour and see what results you get then. Xp was nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So blizzard is a shit company making shit decisions because money (level boost in this case) what a fucking surprise.
    You really can't be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    The ungodly whining in this thread...

There's no satisfying people. The invasions were never meant to be some sort of long term content. The fact people still do them a lot, I haven't noticed any drop off, speaks how good they are. Even if things aren't perfect, I'd much rather Blizz spend time polishing their(let's admit it) rushed expansion.

Another good thing about invasions is that it's also a good stress test. I mean I haven't been dropped once and the invasions are swarming with players. I haven't even lagged. Whatever tech they are using, it's working smooth as butter.
    The issue isn't that the EXP is low. The EXP was really low before the original buffs, but I accepted that it wasn't a viable way to level up and continued to move onto other things. The issue is that it was significantly nerfed after receiving significant buffs only a few days ago. It suggests that the devs are clueless and reckless, and that they have very little understanding of their playerbase.

Just to repeat, the issue isn't that the EXP is low. It's with the way that they've handled the entire situation (quite unprofessionally).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The issue isn't that the EXP is low. The EXP was really low before the original buffs, but I accepted that it wasn't a viable way to level up and continued to move onto other things. The issue is that it was significantly nerfed after receiving significant buffs only a few days ago. It suggests that the devs are clueless and reckless, and that they have very little understanding of their playerbase.

Just to repeat, the issue isn't that the EXP is low. It's with the way that they've handled the entire situation (quite unprofessionally).
    Listen, before the nerf, people were sitting afk and leveling. You find that okay?

What they did now is a better solution, that awards you for actually playing the game. You get more invasions and more often, and you can get more experience than before if you actively hunt demons around the invasion maps.

What are you guys even complaining about? What do you even want?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    So, just for the argument's sake, let's say you currently make 10 bucks an hour at your work and you work 6 hours a day. So you make 60 bucks a day. Now your boss comes in and tells you you get 5 bucks an hour from now on but you get to work 14 hours a day. So you would make 70 bucks a day. Wouldn't you be happy?
    This isn't a job, it's a game. If you're going to make comparisons, at least do so within the topic that we're discussing.

At least now you can get 2k-6k per mob you kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I was just in an invasion with fewer than a dozen players. I left because it was taking too long to finish the first phase.
    I've been put into invasions with NO other players. It's a system failure, not a measure of "less people are doing them".

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    As long as you solo an enemy, you get quite a lot of xp. Problem is, if anyone even as much as tags the enemy, you get almost no xp. You need to find areas where no one else is and hope no one shows up and starts tagging the mobs.
    On the plus side, if you turn off the profanity filter, you get to learn the extent of people's vocabulary when you decide to "help" out lowbies...

I'm okay with this recent change, will be interesting to see how this plays out as we get closer to launch.