Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Listen, before the nerf, people were sitting afk and leveling. You find that okay?
    You get the same amount of EXP as before if you AFK, though. You just have to change zones more often...

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Exactly. Invasions were all about COOPERATION. Afking over an invasion isnt cooperative behavior. Blizzard simply "responds" to exploitation by the players. Still no reason to rant or whine though all they did was make people travel a bit more to their new afk spot.
    Just so we're clear, feel free to invite me to the next invasion you attend.

I'll stand in the back, wait until the boss you're fighting is about 70% dead, then rush in and use one long-distance attack to get a tap.

Then I'll get as far away as possible.

I'll get credit for the kill, you have to deal with the boss's suddenly boosted health pool. I get XP or shards, you get a hefty repair bill.

Happy? I'm participating, at least...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This isn't a job, it's a game. If you're going to make comparisons, at least do so within the topic that we're discussing.
    If they took something that was fun and now people are comparing it unfavorably to work, maybe that's a sign they fucked it up. Just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    At least now you can get 2k-6k per mob you kill.
    Yeah, if nobody else tags them. If only one other player tags them you get half or even less if they decide to "help". If more does it you are back to the same 20-40 exp.

And ofcourse there are people griefing now, level 100's running around tagging mobs that low level players are fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So what are people thinking about the current exp change? It still sucks just as bad as it did yesterday, I am getting almost no exp from killing mobs, at this point it is still faster to do dungeons, are people still rioting? Cuz this needs to be changed back to how it was ( just a bit smaller)

Quote Originally Posted by Nheela View Post
    Listen, before the nerf, people were sitting afk and leveling. You find that okay?

What they did now is a better solution, that awards you for actually playing the game. You get more invasions and more often, and you can get more experience than before if you actively hunt demons around the invasion maps.

What are you guys even complaining about? What do you even want?
    As I typed twice so it wasn't missed, it isn't about the low EXP. But in relation to EXP, you can theoretically get more experience than before from the invasions alone, at the cost of a significantly higher time investment. So high that it is no longer worth the time investment to travel all the way to these invasions when you can simply spam dungeons and quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If they took something that was fun and now people are comparing it unfavorably to work, maybe that's a sign they fucked it up. Just maybe.
    People always compare everything to work when it comes to things in-game. It's not a new thing, and not a sign of anything either other than the fact that some people somehow can't tell the difference.

People are basically complaining that they can't AFK level at the same speed anymore. Some people that I know for a fact have spent time bitching about how WoW's leveling is "braindead" and "too fast, give us Classic back!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    As I typed twice so it wasn't missed, it isn't about the low EXP. But in relation to EXP, you can theoretically get more experience than before from the invasions alone, at the cost of a significantly higher time investment. So high that it is no longer worth the time investment to travel all the way to these invasions when you can simply spam dungeons and quests.
    Exactly, dungeons are way faster as they are right now, and people are forgetting this is a time-limited event, so it is supposed to be lucrative for the 2 weeks that it is here and then we'll go back to the way it used to be, there's no shame in letting the players enjoy some benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    So what are people thinking about the current exp change? It still sucks just as bad as it did yesterday, I am getting almost no exp from killing mobs, at this point it is still faster to do dungeons, are people still rioting? Cuz this needs to be changed back to how it was ( just a bit smaller)
    Its still shit, level 100's are tagging everything so lowbies get like 4xp. The hotfix yesterday did nothing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

People are basically complaining that they can't AFK level at the same speed anymore. Some people that I know for a fact have spent time bitching about how WoW's leveling is "braindead" and "too fast, give us Classic back!".
    Show us your facts :> Also your signature is invalid because one phase of legion invasion is pretty much dead on many realms right now because people are done with their stuff.

I delight in failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its still shit, level 100's are tagging everything so lowbies get like 4xp. The hotfix yesterday did nothing.
    Yeah, that's how I experienced it too on my realm. So everyone is having the same problem it seems, what a "good" hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Well, no. Try to measure the xp/hour and see what results you get then. Xp was nerfed.
    Well no. Actually do measure the XP. XP for one or two dedicated characters was buffed. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...sion_exp_nerf/
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I delight in failures.
    Even in your own? That's pretty funny I must say. And my sig is not invalid by a longshot, but least it did its job with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in your own? That's pretty funny I must say. And my sig is not invalid by a longshot, but at least it did its job with you.
    I just reacted to it because it is factually wrong, but okay. You do you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    You really can't be this stupid.
    From my point of view you're the stupid one here. Make an argument or shut up.

I just reacted to it because it is factually wrong, but okay. You do you buddy.
    It simply isn't, I'm currently in 2 (2 accounts) invasions and they're packed. Sig working as intended. ^^

It was ok before the nerf, it sucks before the mob xp hotfix, it's meh right now.

What they need to do to solve the issue is have the completion exp nerfed even more but have bosses and mobs give 10x exp even tagged.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I am saying, they could have nerfed it to 2 / 3 of what it used to be and not 1 / 3 and it'd be perfect.

That's what I am saying, they could have nerfed it to 2 / 3 of what it used to be and not 1 / 3 and it'd be perfect.
    Yep like I have said a few times already, Nerfing it isn't the issue its the amount they nerfed it by.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Problem is exp isn't distributed relative to damage, but according to players. Then you get an additional penalty on total exp for every player actually attacking mobs. I get 20k from those moargs solo with a 300% exp put, which gets reduced to a meager 4k as soon as another player joins in, regardless of damage done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Goddamn amazing.

As always people stare themselves blind and somehow believe that the first number they see are forever set in stone (or at least if it's tuned down).
    So we had people gaining 1-2 levels per hour for being afk in a zone, and then as we already knew, the amount of concurrent invasions would increase over time...
    How the fuck could you believe the previous rate was staying?

The previous was nearly broken to begin with, and you expected that to double, triple, quadruple up until release as more invasions started?
    I'm embarrassed by this community sometimes. The total inability to view things in a wider perspective is quite frankly staggering.

Ah, so now Blizzard is making you buy character boosts. By not making the pre-event the only viable (and stupidly fast) mean of leveling, without even having to play the game. Lol.
    What a joke. Instead of enjoying this amazing pre-launch event we're once again bickering over trivial shit.

But it's this number-fixation that is so compelling to me. How the first number (when beneficial) gains instant holy status and any change (for the 'worse') is sacrimony. Broken promises. Blizzard trying to make you buy services. And the ensuing entitlement to keep benefitting from an obviously broken system because it made it to live briefly.
    No, it's reality of MMO game design...

And no, this isn't unique to Blizzard or WoW, the inability for gamers to take things into a wider consideration is laughable.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-08-17 at 01:03 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.