Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People don't like change.

People just want to fit in

People, not us nerds, are not into tech, so telling them that X other laptop will perform 22% faster is not gonna get them to change.

Anyway its the same as the big electronics brand we have in my town. Only the rich can afford their high-end stuff...there competitors will just make something as good for 50% less price, but without there design and branding.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    While we're discussing poor choices, how do we all feel about removing the standard headphone jack in the next iPhone iteration and replacing it with... well nothing.

DVDs are still a hugely popular media for movies, a cheap choice for backup, and common for software installation. Yes BluRay is the next big thing (I installed one in my PC finally. #thingsMacCantDo), but that doesn't make everything else wholly obsolete.
    I've got an external BluRay drive for the rare case I need any CD/DVD/BluRay stuff. Generally it's to install old games, but even there GoG or Steam has my back most of the time.

An external and decently fast BluRay drive is like $100 and just plugs into your USB port. Unless you use DVD's absolutely constantly, there's no reason to have it built in. It takes up an enormous amount of space in the machine.

I have a MacBook Pro 2011, which has a DVD drive. Don't think I've spun it up once in 2 years. It can't play movies at a resolution that looks great on my 4K display, it can't even store a single game (you need 6-7 DVD's for that now) and USB keys are much more versatile for back up. Music still comes on CD's, but even there people are moving back to vinyl for physical or just going all digital download.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I think you must be one of the only people on the planet that still uses a DVD drive. A BluRay drive I might be able to undertand, maybe, but a DVD drive? lmao. That tech is 16 years old, you know?
    Doesn't matter. DVD is a huge thing still. Should be bog standard on an Imac or Macbook when you paid the stupid ass price for it. Hell Blu Ray should be standard on those. Also I don't see the point shelling out money for a blu ray player when DVD is still being made for the movies I watch or are being released and it doesn't look like DVD is going anywhere anytime soon either. My point of the post is that Apple charge for stupid prices and don't include shit that should be bog standard on any all in one pc or Laptop. Apart from the PS3/PS4 I have not used a single Blu Ray disc outside of that area in my life since that of course is the standard format for game discs.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-17 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    I think you must be one of the only people on the planet that still uses a DVD drive. A BluRay drive I might be able to undertand, maybe, but a DVD drive? lmao. That tech is 16 years old, you know?
    Until important drivers and system discs don't come on DVD anymore, then you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Until important drivers and system discs don't come on DVD anymore, then you might have a point.
    Drivers from a DVD are almost always out of date. No point really installing them if one has a internet connection, and who doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Drivers from a DVD are almost always out of date. No point really installing them if one has a internet connection, and who doesn't.
    You'd be surprised how many motherboards actually have no form of internet connection without having their network drivers installed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Apple is a brand, me and my brother got our parents Samsungs (they were still using flip phones till 2014) and they were fine with it. When they went out to a dinner party with their friends every one of them had an iPhone and now my mom wants an iPhone since everyone but her has one.
    Someone needs to tell you mom (or your moms friends) that the iPhone "status symbol" trend is years dead.

Disposable electronics are the Devil's semen. That's why Apple products are mostly white.

Deleted
    512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1
    1.2GHz dual-core
    Intel Core m5 processor
    Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
    8GB memory
    Intel HD Graphics 515

£1299

lol.

Doesn't even have a hard drive to speak of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Doesn't matter. DVD is a huge thing still. Should be bog standard on an Imac or Macbook when you paid the stupid ass price for it. Hell Blu Ray should be standard on those. Also I don't see the point shelling out money for a blu ray player when DVD is still being made for the movies I watch or are being released and it doesn't look like DVD is going anywhere anytime soon either. My point of the post is that Apple charge for stupid prices and don't include shit that should be bog standard on any all in one pc or Laptop. Apart from the PS3/PS4 I have not used a single Blu Ray disc outside of that area in my life since that of course is the standard format for game discs.
    Youre one of those dinosaurs that Apple wont cater to, and quite frankly neither should any other company. It holds back everyone else from getting new features and software that takes advantage of them. You probably also use a flip phone and VHS camcorder.

Its also people like you that apparently dont give a shit if your video looks good or not since you dont seem to realize there is huge image difference between DVD and Blueray, that shitty quality streaming services like Netflix are taking over. (FYI you can get a Blueray player for under $100 now and sometimes even under $50) and the discs are the same price or cheaper than DVD when they are new.

Soon high quality audio and video will be a thing of the past because of people like you, and thats sad. Sad that people dont strive for the best quality anymore and just settle for mediocre because its convenient

- - - Updated - - -

You can get an external drive for the 2 times a year you might need to install a driver from a disc. Also I cant remember the last time I needed a driver and it was not available on the manufacturers website for download totally negating the need for a disc

- - - Updated - - -

You'd be surprised how many motherboards actually have no form of internet connection without having their network drivers installed first.
    So download them on another computer and transfer them with a flash drive

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really understood the iPhone craze. I've had my android for ages now in perfect condition, and at this point I just shrug my shoulders when one of my family members breaks their iPhone screen for the eighth or ninth time, insisting that Apple products are no more fragile. Planned obsolescence indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1
    1.2GHz dual-core
    Intel Core m5 processor
    Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
    8GB memory
    Intel HD Graphics 515

£1299

lol.

Doesn't even have a hard drive to speak of.

512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage - SSD > HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    No way would I ever get a mac book or Ipad as they are supremely overpriced but having used my girlfriends Iphone I have to say I much prefer it to my shitty android Sony Z2 and will probably get an Iphone 7 for that reason.
    They are not the same category, comparing that 2 phone is dumb. It's like comparing a Toyota to a Ferrari. Samsung Galaxy is the equivalent of the iPhone on the android market.

iPeople keep forgetting that there is million different android devices in every price tag and quality category and from hundreds of different manufacturers, meanwhile iPhone is just an iPhone.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2016-08-17 at 03:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not many people have the luxury of having another computer nearby, not to mention the "common" user who has no idea where to look for them. There's is no downside to having a DVD drive + it's like what, 10 euro for one nowdays?

Youre one of those dinosaurs that Apple wont cater to, and quite frankly neither should any other company. It holds back everyone else from getting new features and software that takes advantage of them. You probably also use a flip phone and VHS camcorder.

Its also people like you that apparently dont give a shit if your video looks good or not since you dont seem to realize there is huge image difference between DVD and Blueray, that shitty quality streaming services like Netflix are taking over. (FYI you can get a Blueray player for under $100 now and sometimes even under $50) and the discs are the same price or cheaper than DVD when they are new.

Soon high quality audio and video will be a thing of the past because of people like you, and thats sad. Sad that people dont strive for the best quality anymore and just settle for mediocre because its convenient

- - - Updated - - -

You can get an external drive for the 2 times a year you might need to install a driver from a disc. Also I cant remember the last time I needed a driver and it was not available on the manufacturers website for download totally negating the need for a disc

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm I know there is. I have watched movies on Blu Ray at other peoples houses and it does look better I never said it did not. I just don't see the point in getting a Blu Ray when I already have a DVD player with hundreds of movies and it is still widely supported. Also if you pay £800 for a fucking laptop or over a grand on an all in one pc a Blu Ray or DVD drive should be standard is the point I was making. There are cheaper laptops that come with Blu Ray drives as standard.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-17 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what I do when I don't like a product? I don't buy it. Can't imagine carrying around this much hate for a company... seems exhausting.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post

512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage - SSD > HDD
    That's fine, but it's also effing tiny. If that came alongside a 2tb drive of some description it'd be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people have the luxury of having another computer nearby, not to mention the "common" user who has no idea where to look for them. There's is no downside to having a DVD drive + it's like what, 10 euro for one nowdays?
    Its not about cost. It about making laptops thinner and lighter

I find it amusing people here laughing at others because they still use DVD which is still a widely supported format.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about cost. It about making laptops thinner and lighter
    And in Apples case more expensive with less features? I mean if I'm not mistaken aren't they supposedly removing the headphone jack from the next iphone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    That's fine, but it's also effing tiny. If that came alongside a 2tb drive of some description it'd be fine.
    That isn't fine for £1299.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-17 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That isn't fine for £1299.
    Didn't mean the machine or the price, just the amount of available storage on a netbook