Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Death Knights should get Demon Hunters' treatment

More and better looking skins and glowing eyes like they should have from the beginning: glow going on sides unlike dh's up

Also new voice acting. Deeper and better!

I wouldnt mind an updated starting zone for them.

Deleted
    Not forget about new models for our pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xPNZRx View Post
    Not forget about new models for our pets.
    exactly the valk looks good, the skeleton with glyph looks decent, but ghoul geist and abom looks so outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    exactly the valk looks good, the skeleton with glyph looks decent, but ghoul geist and abom looks so outdated.
    I like the geist, but the abom just looks terrible. Looks like it was ported from the original Doom or something.

If we do get an expansion where Bolvar goes insane while wearing the Helm of Domination, then that's probably when it'll happen. An expansion that puts a focus back on Death Knights, but outside that? Probably nothing is going to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    I like the geist, but the abom just looks terrible. Looks like it was ported from the original Doom or something.
    i prefer the skeleto, but with belcher i cant use it

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights do need some updates to make them almost as cool as Demon Hunters. Maybe Rune tattoos, variety of Undead skins, and updated eye glows.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

demon hunters got their tattoos but dks never did yet theres still models in game that use them lol

Deleted
    I just did recently both starting zones. DKs defintely needs a rework it feels so like once upon a time in Mexico style. DH's is a few times better with all the action and short cinematics alas that rework shall never happen.

I don't care about features or starting zones, I just want the god damn sludge belcher to get retextured or just straight up re designed! Smh.

Really dislike the Abom also, I want to use the glyphs which at least gave us some higher res texture pets. Hopefully they change the model, allow the use of glyphs with abom or make it dps neutral so I can just get rid of it.

Strange reading this thread made me think to myself that our eyes used to glow blue/frosty... I must have had my rose colored glasses on my "memory" eyes! . . . I know that doesn't make sense lol.

Deleted
    Just give them a bit more choice in the pet they use and they are fine.

You don't see any other class getting more customisation anyway.
    DHs sell the game, DKs haven't for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tykus View Post
    Strange reading this thread made me think to myself that our eyes used to glow blue/frosty... I must have had my rose colored glasses on my "memory" eyes! . . . I know that doesn't make sense lol.
    As far as i know they still do glow; but some helmets hide the effect.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-08-17 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Just give them a bit more choice in the pet they use and they are fine.

You don't see any other class getting more customisation anyway.
    DHs sell the game, DKs haven't for a long time.
    Warlocks do not sell the game for a long time either, however they were drastically redesigned and now the look awesome. We live in 2016, give your customer a game element with textures of 1998 show the way you care and respect your audience. For me, such kind of attitude is like a kick in the teeth ... very disappointing treatment ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aivenarion View Post
    Warlocks do not sell the game for a long time either, however they were drastically redesigned and now the look awesome. We live in 2016, give your customer a game element with textures of 1998 show the way you care and respect your audience. For me, such kind of attitude is like a kick in the teeth ... very disappointing treatment ;(
    Warlocks only got new demon models because it was conveniant, seeing how they created these models for other things already and it would be a waste to still use the old models.

DKs get exactly the same threatment other non-expansion classes get.
    New animations for weapon swings should be enough (especially compared to what most ranged classes got).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Warlocks only got new demon models because it was conveniant, seeing how they created these models for other things already and it would be a waste to still use the old models.

DKs get exactly the same threatment other non-expansion classes get.
    New animations for weapon swings should be enough (especially compared to what most ranged classes got).
    OK, Let's put aside this quarrel. Just one question: is it normal that one of the most iconic World of Warcraft characters has got a pet with so much outdated textures when it is 2016 outside? My opinion: - "HELL, NO!"

They should of updated the DK eyes when they did the character model updates because they still look crappy. It sad that they wont update the Abom or change its model to something out of ICC, that place has plenty of assets they could of used for it.

I can't even tell the difference between the default and the Death Knight voices anymore...

Would love for updated DK skins as well as their eye glow.

Hopefully the Abomination will get updated in a future patch since it's a talent introduced in Legion that provides us with a Vanilla model. If not, maybe more glyphs to change our pet model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aivenarion View Post
    OK, Let's put aside this quarrel. Just one question: is it normal that one of the most iconic World of Warcraft characters has got a pet with so much outdated textures when it is 2016 outside? My opinion: - "HELL, NO!"
    But so do others;
    may I point your gaze at "Divine steed" and how it uses a model with the same sort of outdated textures?
    I dare to say the paladin class is just as iconic as deathknight in the warcraft universe.

I agree that they should have updated it (ghoul and abomination model) to something more recent, or even better: polished the model to recent standards; but please don't go around saying: "My class is so iconic and gets worse threatment than others"
    Another instance are BM hunter; they might have gotten new pets to tame, but they still use the same broken animations they previously did.
    Survival Hunters might have gotten a rework, but their artifact-ability is rigged to a very unfitting animation.