Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Nothing gets easier than WotLK Fury. 3 buttons, 2 out of which had a semi long CD, and the last one being off the global.
    Yoy forgot slam proc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromgar View Post
    Yo anyone knows if the new gloves with the arcane damage on demons is worth anything at the moment?
    I'm getting a lot of damage out of them, the proc was about 8% of my damage last invasion with 710 gloves and 741 overall ilvl. Sure seem like they're BiS against demons to me.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-08-17 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I'm getting a lot of damage out of them, the proc was about 8% of my damage last invasion with 710 gloves and 741 overall ilvl. Sure seem like they're BiS against demons to me.
    well that says it all then :P

no offense, but judging from zerging random mobs all over the place (while probably having some world-lag) isnt really worth all that much.

i could do 3 invasions with the same gear and have a different dmg-source be #1 every time without not using certain abilities more/not at all.

they might be decent for leveling if the proc occurs often enough but other than that we'd need some simulations or at least some actual raid-testing on heroic or mythic hfc demon-bosses before saying they are "bis".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    well that says it all then :P

no offense, but judging from zerging random mobs all over the place (while probably having some world-lag) isnt really worth all that much.

i could do 3 invasions with the same gear and have a different dmg-source be #1 every time without not using certain abilities more/not at all.

they might be decent for leveling if the proc occurs often enough but other than that we'd need some simulations or at least some actual raid-testing on heroic or mythic hfc demon-bosses before saying they are "bis".
    I said they seem bis to me, not that they are, but feel free to do more testing yourself.

I'm sticking with the highest ILVL while maintaining proper stats for now. I'll only switch to the demon leveling trinket once it gets higher ILVL than my current ~730/740 trinkets.

Not every zone has tons of demons in it too is my main reasoning for this.

EDIT: (trinket comment referring to Legion zones, not invasions).

Yo anyone knows if the new gloves with the arcane damage on demons is worth anything at the moment?
    The gloves are bis in a sense i was over 100k dps on both manno and arch mythic. Under deathhowwl stormrage. 6 % from gloves manno and arch was 9 % but i was doing as much damage previous weeks with the extra 2-3 ilvls from M tier gloves. I think it also scales from high haste builds getting to attack more apm. And scales off of tapping demon targets with ww. This i would presume is especially good for low level alts but again only good for demon fights

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhowwl View Post
    The gloves are bis in a sense i was over 100k dps on both manno and arch mythic. Under deathhowwl stormrage. 6 % from gloves manno and arch was 9 % but i was doing as much damage previous weeks with the extra 2-3 ilvls from M tier gloves. I think it also scales from high haste builds getting to attack more apm. And scales off of tapping demon targets with ww. This i would presume is especially good for low level alts but again only good for demon fights
    Wow, didn't even realize those gloves had an effect... immediate vendor when i saw 685 ILVL.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Wow, didn't even realize those gloves had an effect... immediate vendor when i saw 685 ILVL.
    Yeah get them back for gimmicks. I cant speak to full validity of the gloves we are using alts and bench to do 2 manno archies. So our kill times are easily + 30-60 seconds. I wish i coukd give a comparable. The other warriot in the group only got 6 % so either rng or the fsct that he is lazy and running mastery build still and short 10-15 % haste in comparable with 5-10% less uptime on enrage. Most of the guildies are testing them next week now that i used it. But end result i am getting the same dps with 2 or 3 ilvls less. On longer kill times still mostrly single target dmg

It really depends on what you give up to use them. The proc is really strong, but most people have their tier set, etc. Offhand, I'd say it's probably worth a good 25 ilvls on it's own; going to see if I can get it into sims to get some real numbers soon.

I was also curious and ran the gloves through the most recent simc build. Replacing mythic tier with the arcane gloves came out ahead 84k to 80k. The arcane proc did 6.8% of my damage, which seems about in line with what I saw just using them for a couple of invasions. I have no idea how the proc interacts with WW/Meat Cleaver, although I assumed it had the same chance to proc. Running Simc on add/cleave dropped the proc damage down to 4.8% and made them fairly even with the mythic tier.

- - - Updated - - -

I should mention that I have a lot of extra haste since I was playing around with how the class trinket scaled and didn't feel like swapping gems back to mastery. Ymmv

The gloves are a DPS increase to use on Demon fights.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

just out of curiosity, can someone with beta upload a gif (or quick video) of the current Odyn's Fury animation?

the last two iterations i remember was a yellow-ish circle and then just the whirlwind animation, which are both lame for such an ability...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    just out of curiosity, can someone with beta upload a gif (or quick video) of the current Odyn's Fury animation?

the last two iterations i remember was a yellow-ish circle and then just the whirlwind animation, which are both lame for such an ability...
    Still just a recolored Whirlwind like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL658Cf_QBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Still just a recolored Whirlwind like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL658Cf_QBQ
    wow, that is really crappy ... whirlwind animation on your big artifact ability, good job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Is there a possibilty in legion, as it right now, that i MUST play arms because numbers?
    if you are a competetitive player, yes most likey in everything that includes cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    if you are a competetitive player, yes most likey in everything that includes cleave.
    What makes Arms better than fury in cleave situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    wait what ? How in hell arm is better than fury in cleave ? If you do not have CS on a target you do jackshit DPS on a given target and you need the artifact talent cooldown to spread that CS (unless you are that far in the xpac that you have so many reset that you can basically tab CS MS tab CS MS)

I strongly believe that talentting wrecking ball should make you quite a beast in a cleave situation.

Overall i feel fury is more versatile than arm.
    Last edited by Ezyah; 2016-08-18 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    wait what ? How in hell arm is better than fury in cleave ? If you do not have CS on a target you do jackshit DPS on a given target and you need the artifact talent cooldown to spread that CS (unless you are that far in the xpac that you have so many reset that you can basically tab CS MS tab CS MS)

I strongly believe that talentting wrecking ball should make you quite a beast in a cleave situation.

Overall i feel fury is more versatile than arm.
    Aside from numbers, Arms has more tools to deal with cleave situations than Fury has, therefore it is better in Cleave than Fury.
    Just for clarification: When I am talking about Cleave, I am talking about 2-4 targets that are up for a longer period of time (burst cleave aside).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Is there a possibilty in legion, as it right now, that i MUST play arms because numbers?
    Weeeell. Legion Arms in nothing like the old WoD arms. Thing is, u need to talent Sweeping strikes, which will make you more rage starved cuz u can't spec into Dauntless and you need to ditch Overpowered which is pretty nice DPS increase on single target. And ofc there is a downside to sweeping strikes, and that is only your MS and Execute actually hit the nearby target (range on SS is still very low also), so all your fillers, slam or WW also your auto attacks and CS are doing only single target DPS. However cuz of Shattered Defenses you will do high dmg with MS and Execute, and Prices Strikes will help you with rage starving in Execute phase. Fury also has high potential to be good on cleave fight, and I don't think the difference between arms and fury's cleave will be as big as it was in WoD.
    Last edited by mmoc258135eb5a; 2016-08-18 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    Weeeell. Legion Arms in nothing like the old WoD arms. Thing is, u need to talent Sweeping strikes, which will make you more rage starved cuz u can't spec into Dauntless and you need to ditch Overpowered which is pretty nice DPS increase on single target. And ofc there is a downside to sweeping strikes, and that is only your MS and Execute actually hit the nearby target (range on SS is still very low also), so all your fillers, slam or WW also your auto attacks and CS are doing only single target DPS. However cuz of Shattered Defenses you will do high dmg with MS and Execute, and Prices Strikes will help you with rage starving in Execute phase. Fury also has high potential to be good on cleave fight, and I don't think the difference between arms and fury's cleave won't be as big as it was in WoD.
    Dont forget about Trauma and Corrupted Blood of Zakajz and so on which are passive effects but are very strong in cleave.