Will Affliction Give Mobility?

As a returning player I'm struggling with boss mechanics, so much ouch. Will affliction give the kind of mobility a noob needs, or should I just stick it out with destruction and try not to be bad, haha

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't raided anything this tier, but my assumption is that affliction might be a little better (in terms of % of lost dps when having to move). Thinking of older tiers though, I'd generally say, try to learn the encounters and try to learn where to position yourself to have to move as little as possible. In addition, use demonic gateway and demonic circle where applicable to cut out your movement as much as neccesary.

Regarding the spec, I've always chosen one of two routes, either go with whatever performs the best and learn how to play it, or stick to the one that you find most enjoyable. The playstyle between affliction and destruction are pretty big, so chances are you prefer one spec over the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    As a returning player I'm struggling with boss mechanics, so much ouch. Will affliction give the kind of mobility a noob needs, or should I just stick it out with destruction and try not to be bad, haha
    Warlocks were never really mobile. Now less than ever (with the exception of vanilla). Better roll fire mage tbh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    With destruction the key is to try and keep a conflagrate up so that you can use that when moving. As with all specs though, the biggest thing is learning the fight so that you can predict when and where you will need to move and plan your rotation around it.

As you get to know the fights better you'll be able to manage movement and positioning better as destro so that you can cast instants when you have to move

But for a fight like Iskar, where you might be targeted by mechanics and have to move a lot, destro can struggle. Our last clear I seemed to be always moving due to winds, fire, chakram...

While affliction looks like you've got plenty to do on the move with refreshing dots it can be a bit deceptive because you might be refreshing unnecessarily, and draining and casting UA require you to be stationary

Destro is overall better choice for the start of the expansion but affliction gives more mobility since drain life dmg doesn't matter too much. Affliction will pull ahead of destro with better gear later on in the expansion.
    Affliction main source of dmg is unstable affliction and agony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Warlocks were never really mobile. Now less than ever (with the exception of vanilla). Better roll fire mage tbh.
    Haha warlocks mobile in vanilla? What are u smoking?

Warlocks got buffed mobility with portal in BC and in later expansions with burning rush, demonic gateway and jump from meta in demo nothing else and now we are back to the BC state with only 1 baseline gateway.

And we are not the only class being pruned so many people seems to forget that.

Thanks for the encouragement I'll stick it out!