Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I don't think all planets are, but I find it odd that we find out, in Ulduar, that Azeroth is a Titan, and that next to Azeroth, are 6 other planets. 7 Total. 7 Titans total. Maybe a huge coincidence, but I don't think so.

It would explain why we've never seen, nor fought Sargeras directly. Perhaps that's why we've only ever seen his Avatar, because otherwise we'd be stabbing into a planet.

Sargeras is a former planet. Titans start out being nurtured inside planets. That is their fetal state.

He has not been a planet for millions of years. He is now a fully mature titan with arms, legs, a head, etc.

As for your theory about the number 7, though: it's kind of interesting. As long as we don't take it as it representing the titans as literal planets.
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-08-17 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Sargeras is a former planet. Titans start out being nurtured inside planets. That is their fetal state.

He has not been a planet for millions of years. He is now a fully mature titan with arms, legs, a head, etc.

As for your theory about the number 7, though: it's kind of interesting. As long as we don't take it as it representing the titans as literal planets.
    have they explained what happens when a a planet becomes a titan? do we all die if azeroth awakens?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    have they explained what happens when a a planet becomes a titan? do we all die if azeroth awakens?
    They haven't explained what happens to the inhabitants of the planets, but it kind of has to be assumed that they die, yes.

They haven't explained what happens to the inhabitants of the planets, but it kind of has to be assumed that they die, yes.
    shieeeeeet lmao why would we ever want azeroth to awaken then haha

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    shieeeeeet lmao why would we ever want azeroth to awaken then haha
    For the greater good, of course, lol.

It'll never happen in-game.

Idk about Azeroth but Galaktus can surely devour her.

After all he is a planet eater.

For the greater good, of course, lol.

It'll never happen in-game.
    haha i know but blizz could have come up with a better alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just for the record, boss chatter during the invasions suggests Azeroth is now the only plant left standing in the prime timeline that hasn't been destroyed by the Legion or claimed by the Void. The boss's use of "all other worlds have fallen" seems pretty definitive, though of course there's always the wiggle room in that there may be worlds Sargeras doesn't know about.

That being said, I think it's pretty certain that Azeroth is the last nascent Titan out there. It would make sense as to why we're so special amongst the rest of the cosmos if we're jacked up on latent Titan power while Turalyon's Army of Light assembled from other broken worlds failed so miserably.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Also, just for the record, boss chatter during the invasions suggests Azeroth is now the only plant left standing in the prime timeline that hasn't been destroyed by the Legion or claimed by the Void. The boss's use of "all other worlds have fallen" seems pretty definitive, though of course there's always the wiggle room in that there may be worlds Sargeras doesn't know about.

That being said, I think it's pretty certain that Azeroth is the last nascent Titan out there. It would make sense as to why we're so special amongst the rest of the cosmos if we're jacked up on latent Titan power while Turalyon's Army of Light assembled from other broken worlds failed so miserably.
    I really doubt that, after all the Titans only discovered a tiny part of the universe, it is very unlikely Sargeras was able to purge the entire universe in just 25.000 years.

"all other worlds have fallen"
    I think he means, all the worlds, attacked by the legion, have fallen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I really doubt that, after all the Titans only discovered a tiny part of the universe, it is very unlikely Sargeras was able to purge the entire universe in just 25.000 years.
    Depends on how big the Warcraft cosmos is. As an analogy, the standard Spelljammer cosmos is far smaller than our real-world universe, largely because most writers simply can't comprehend the scale involved in making a universe-sized cosmos.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Depends on how big the Warcraft cosmos is. As an analogy, the standard Spelljammer cosmos is far smaller than our real-world universe, largely because most writers simply can't comprehend the scale involved in making a universe-sized cosmos.
    Well the legion and even sargeras needs to be summoned to azeroth because they are this far away. I think it is pretty safe to assume that if a being of gigantic size with immense power would be able to just slice azeroth (like he did with at least one other planet) if he were near our world. So at least the planet's a few light years around us should be still intact.If there is actual life on these is not sure however.Edit: sunce at least 10.000 years the war of the ancients sargeras and the legion new EXCACTLY where azeroth was. The fact that they didn't even bother to fly their army through the cosmos is sign for the shere size of the wow univetse i'd say
    Last edited by mmoc09b1edf1ae; 2016-08-17 at 02:25 PM.

It is even mentioned in chronicles that the titans just discovered a very small fraction of it and they ordered worlds possibly for millions of years. And the old god dagger mentioned that the scale of the conflict is beyond mortal comprehension.

Not sure why you're being a bit of a bellend, but I guess I'll make it clear for you;
    Because this is the Lore forum and people take it super serial and you're spouting Headcanon which is the worst in here. If you want the actual Lore then listen up.

Some planets have what is known as a "World Soul", planets with World Souls eventually birth Titans, planet sized life forms with amazing powers who went about the WoW Universe searching for other World Souls and sowing a Order in their wake. Eventually on their travels they discovered the Demons and since they went around being asshats and fucking with the Titans work Sargeras the greatest Warrior amongst them was tasked with putting an end to their rampage of destruction across the Universe (Or in WoW we call this The Great Dark).

Eventually the Pantheon discovered that the Demons could not infact be killed and instead would be reborn into new bodies so they sent Sargeras an apprentice called Aggramar, Aggramar proved to be a quick study which gave Sargeras time to learn to control the chaotic energies of the Twisting Nether (The plane of existence the Demons come from) and he built the prison world Mardum to keep the defeated Demons imprisoned where they could no longer do harm. Sargeras and Aggramar split up to do their work more efficiently and off they went.

Eventually on Sargeras' travels he came across the thing which would begin his unravelling from the Noblest of the Titans to the destroyer of worlds. Sargeras discovered a World Soul which had been infected by the spawn of the Void Lords (great unknowable entities that exist within the Void that can't sustain themselves outside of it because they have to consume enormous amounts of energy to do so) that we know as Old Gods. Old Gods are infact giant corruption tumours that the Void Lords sent hurtling through Then Great Dark in the hopes that they would land on a nascent World Soul and corrupt it with their Void energies creating a Dark Titan which could work as their Avatar in The Great Dark and corrupt it to their purposes. Upon finding this corrupted World Soul Sargeras interrogated some Dread Lords which had been communing with the Void on it's surface and learnt of the Void Lords plans, he then cleaved the corrupted World Soul in two destroying it and returned to the Pantheon to warn them.

The Pantheon were not pleased with Sargeras for killing their unborn kin, they believed it could be saved whilst Sargeras knew that it was impossible to save and the Void Lords plans needed to be thwarted whatever the cost. Realising that his fellow Titans would never see things this way he went off alone and meditated on the problem of the Void Lords. In his meditation he came to the conclusion that existence was flawed, all life within this flawed creation must be extinguished and to do that he would need a Legion of followers to help him in his Burning Crusade.

Thus Sargeras went to Mardum which had become bloated with Demonic energies and shattered it, as he was caught in the explosion and it twisted his physical form from that of a noble Titan into a great horned and fiery being and saturated him with Fel energy. Upon seeing this the Demons swear fealty to him and the Burning Legion was born.

After destroying a few planets and civilisations word got back to the Pantheon of this and they sent his former apprentice Aggramar to find out what Sargeras was up to. Aggramar found Sargeras and tried to reason with him but he would not have it so the two fought until their weapons broke and Aggramar had to flee, heavily wounded and outmatched.

Whilst Sargeras had been out creating the Burning Legion though, the Titans had discovered a new World Soul, a World Soul that was so powerful it could stand against the Void Lords Dark Titan if it ever came to be and we call this Titan Azeroth. Azeroth has been infected by the Old God menace but working together the Titans had isolated the corruption and set up safety measures that whilst they were currently redirecting energies to heal her, they could also abort her if the corruption of the Old Gods was to spread.

Sargeras and the Pantheon met upon a planet called Nihalam and once more the Pantheon tried to reason with Sargeras and informed him of Azeroth and how that she would be powerful enough to fight against the Void Lords but Sargeras would not take heed. Aggramar and Sargeras clashed once again, Aggramar was cleaved in two (Sargeras is really good at cleaving, puts it down first in the skill section of his resume every time). The Pantheon angered by the murder of a precious fellow Titan were enraged and set upon Sargeras together but Sargeras consumed them in a giant Fel Storm and so it was that all of the Pantheon died upon Nihalam.

The Titan Norgannon The Keeper of Celestial Magic and Lore however cast a final spell during the confrontation which shielded the Titans souls during the Fel Storm and sent them hurtling through The Great Dark towards Azeroth where they tried to survive within their creations. However the spell failed and all the Titan Watchers got was a series of confusing visions telling them of their creators deaths.

TLDR: Titans are born of planets, they don't become planets when they die. Sargeras killed The Pantheon and he and Azeroth are the only two known remaining Titans in the WoW universe.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-08-17 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    TLDR: Titans are born of planets, they don't become planets when they die. Sargeras killed The Pantheon and he and Azeroth are the only two known remaining Titans in the WoW universe.
    Thank you for that write up, Kronik. Was very helpful for folks that only know the very basics. And go easy on folks like me and Hyve who only know the high points of world lore. In his defense, Venziir was being kind of a tool, and was doing nothing more than pointing out that he has no idea what an oxymoron is.

Again - thank you very much for this crash course, I found it VERY helpful and informative. Cheers!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The Titan Norgannon The Keeper of Celestial Magic and Lore however cast a final spell during the confrontation which shielded the Titans souls during the Fel Storm and sent them hurtling through The Great Dark towards Azeroth where they tried to survive within their creations. However the spell failed and all the Titan Watchers got was a series of confusing visions telling them of their creators deaths.
    * as an addendum to this wonderful write up, let me add that the only keeper who understood the visions for what they were was Keeper Ra, down in the south of Kalimdor. The rest of them were confused and upset and attempted to contact their patrons, but received no answers.

Deleted
    I looked at all the planets in the planetarium this afternoon whilst doing the quest, There is one on the right side of the corridor before the door to the chamber with landmasses that roughly looks like Draenor, strangely a few seem to have the same "dark void moon thing" orbiting. Only Azeroth and this planet have landmasses visable.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    I looked at all the planets in the planetarium this afternoon whilst doing the quest, There is one on the right side of the corridor before the door to the chamber with landmasses that roughly looks like Draenor, strangely a few seem to have the same "dark void moon thing" orbiting. Only Azeroth and this planet have landmasses visable.
    There was a theory saying that the 'holograms' ale created in such a way, that the person looking at them sees only what they know exists.

Slightly offtopic, but something else bothers me... is it stated how long ago Sargeras defeated the rest of the titans? Cause the keepers, at least during ulduar encounter, have no idea about any of the titans being dead. And Algalon says 'the pantheon shall receive the observers message regardless of outcome' implying that he thinks the titans are alive. Is it a retcon, or did sargeras defeat the titans sometime between ulduar encounters and now?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, not a big Lore fan, not into reading any of the books, but I thought I'd share my idea from what I saw in-game.
    I genuinely think you should read the books. They can be really fun to read, sometimes silly. (Look for the ones written by Richard A Knaak, it's almost comedy some of the stuff he writes...) You'd learn a lot and be more prepared for lore discussions on here! Honestly, give them a chance! Some of the ancient stories, like War of the Ancients are just incredibly awesome! The Well of Eternity dungeon does NOT do it justice. Nor does the Mt Hyjal raid.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    There was a theory saying that the 'holograms' ale created in such a way, that the person looking at them sees only what they know exists.

Slightly offtopic, but something else bothers me... is it stated how long ago Sargeras defeated the rest of the titans? Cause the keepers, at least during ulduar encounter, have no idea about any of the titans being dead.
    Somewhere on the order of 15 to 16 thousand years ago. It was Ra's understanding of this event that caused him to abandon the mogu and retreat into the Thundering Mountain, ultimately leading to the Age of a Hundred Kings. None of the other keepers understood that the Pantheon was gone.

And Algalon says 'the pantheon shall receive the observers message regardless of outcome' implying that he thinks the titans are alive. Is it a retcon, or did sargeras defeat the titans sometime between ulduar encounters and now?
    Probably a retcon, but since Algalon's arrival is automatically triggered by the death of Prime-Designate Loken it's unlikely that he's actively in contact with the Pantheon and thus likely also unaware of their demise.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2016-08-17 at 11:29 PM.