Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    blacks and natives were the most oppressed groups..... so saying you see everyone else but the two most oppressed groups doing much better today doesn't really make a lot of sense.
    African-americans earn more than Burmese-americans, Iraqi-americans and Somali-americans. Marginally less than Ethiopian-americans and Syriac-americans and Haitian-americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    What's your excuse for nonblack poors staying poor? Disenfranchisement sounds like a great excuse until you realize there are poor in every color. Even white, the people you paint as superior first being white.
    Maybe you should ask Nitro.
    To quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun
    White privilege (or white skin privilege) is a term for societal privileges that benefit people identified as white in Western countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. Academic perspectives such as critical race theory and whiteness studies use the concept of "white privilege" to analyze how racism and racialized societies affect the lives of white or white-skinned people.

People deny that this exists, why? Is it because people like to think that they don't benefit from it?
    Kinda posting like a troll now, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    It's not ignorance, I've lived it. It's possible to pull yourself out of poverty, the only reason for failure is because of yourself, nobody else.
    And your life isn't everyone else's. How the fuck can you not get that through that head of yours?

But I do have a vote.
    Yeah? Gary Johnson? LOL

This is a conservative ideology.

Please explain then why are conservatives largely poor and uneducated compared to liberals?
    Citation needed?

To be honest their isn't even many liberals left... Their political identity has almost been entirely consumed at this point at least if you define them by the values of classical liberalism.

For that matter what are we defining as educated? Most of higher education has turned into social studies with stem taking up a smaller and smaller percentage of the academic population.

I am very skeptical of the divide and how they gained their information among the poor. Was this just a phone survey?

I don't know man. Irish and Chinese faced a lot of bullshit themselves.

Of course, that's minor to the winner of the most oppressed contest.
    so you think the Irish faced just as much as blacks did? Funny I don't recall a jim crow era that was severely targeting Irish people, nor do I recall any extreme oppression and eclusion through to the 80s concerning Irish people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Maybe you should ask Nitro.
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2047056-Why-do-people-deny-white-privilege?p=41848650&viewfull=1#post41848650]To quote]

And your life isn't everyone else's. How the fuck can you not get that through that head of yours?

But I do have a vote.
    Yeah? Gary Johnson? LOL[/QUOTE]

I guess I have black privelege since I can resist the self destructive choices regularly chosen by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Citation needed?

To be honest their isn't even many liberals left... Their political identity has almost been entirely consumed at this point at least if you define them by the values of classical liberalism.

For that matter what are we defining as educated? Most of higher education has turned into social studies with stem taking up a smaller and smaller percentage of the academic population.

I am very skeptical of the divide and how they gained their information among the poor. Was this just a phone survey?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/op...eral.html?_r=0

Educated people tend to be smarter... and make more money, they also tend to be liberal. Which to me is kind of funny because the "pull yourself up, all poor is the fault of the poor!" types are usually part of the party that is undereducated and poor...

Where's your proof that people can't pull themselves out of poverty because they're being held down by history?
    Not proof - evidence in support, which is income inelasticity in the US.

You require proof though, for your claim, which is harder.

so you think the Irish faced just as much as blacks did? Funny I don't recall a jim crow era that was severely targeting Irish people, nor do I recall any extreme oppression and eclusion through to the 80s concerning Irish people.
    See? It's all about "blacks have it the worst wahh". How dare people that aren't black have issues? Only we had it bad. No one else.

7+ Year Old Account
    White privilege isn't keeping people in poverty though.
    So it is a personal problem after all. If I can get out of it and they can't, then that is on them.

Yeah? Gary Johnson? LOL
    No, the only one who interested me was Bernie.

Yeah? Gary Johnson? LOL
    I guess I have black privelege since I can resist the self destructive choices regularly chosen by the community.
    I want to play too, why is it that the white community is always rioting over games and pumpkins?

You'd expect Chinese people to be doing terribly, maybe below whites and slightly above hispanic/blacks. Except they do better than whites. In a "white supremacist" country.

You'll have to admit some of this comes down to culture and ethnicity.

See? It's all about "blacks have it the worst wahh". How dare people that aren't black have issues? Only we had it bad. No one else.
    You bring up another group of people and say "well look how they're doing"

If you're going to beign fucking comparing groups, you better fucking be ready to be able to provide the history of that group or shut the fuck up.

I want to play too, why is it that the white community is always rioting over games and pumpkins?
    Because they have a subsection of idiots that think that makes sense.

The difference is they don't have people like you saying it's justified like you do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You'd expect Chinese people to be doing terribly, maybe below whites and slightly above hispanic/blacks. Except they do better than whites.

You'll have to admit some of this comes down to culture and ethnicity.
    It doesn't come down to culture... Black africans and west indians do better, but they're coming here for entirely different reasons. Firstly they're coming here usually with a job or for school That's why immigrants usually always do better than the native population regardless of country.

As you go down the generations though Chinese people begin to become more amercanized, their grades drop, they don't do as well in school, they're less likely to seek higher education, they're less likey to make as much as their parents did.

It doesn't come down to culture... Black africans and west indians do better, but they're coming here for entirely different reasons. Firstly they're coming here usually with a job or for school That's why immigrants usually always do better than the native population regardless of country.

As you go down the generations though Chinese people begin to become more amercanized, their grades drop, they don't do as well in school, they're less likely to seek higher education, they're less likey to make as much as their parents did.
    But we're wholly racist, why would black africans do better than the native blacks, then?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Because they have a subsection of idiots that think that makes sense.

The difference is they don't have people like you saying it's justified like you do here.
    When did I "justify"the riot. Quote it, of course, you can't because you're just spouting bullshit as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    But we're wholly racist, why would black africans do better than the native blacks, then?
    What the fuck did you like ignore the fucking bolded part of the quote?! This is a dumb question becuase the answer is in the quote and it's fucking bolded.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/op...eral.html?_r=0

Educated people tend to be smarter... and make more money, they also tend to be liberal. Which to me is kind of funny because the "pull yourself up, all poor is the fault of the poor!" types are usually part of the party that is undereducated and poor...
    This is a really awful source...

The majority of people in the study were mixed yet he lumped them in as liberal...

There is less then a 10% difference between liberal and conservative views with the lions share being "mixed"....

Honestly we live in the age of the Lügenpresse... read through any study in a publication carefully...

White privilege isn't keeping people in poverty though.
    No, the only one who interested me was Bernie.
    Bernie insists differently...and the GOP actually agrees with him.
    So it is a personal problem after all. If I can get out of it and they can't, then that is on them.
    Maybe you should move back out of the country...because your perspective isn't based upon reality in the US. And you'll never understand that.

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't come down to culture... [b]Black africans and west indians do better, but they're coming here for entirely different reasons. Firstly they're coming here usually with a job or for school That's why immigrants usually always do better than the native population regardless of country.
    Marginally better from what I can see for many of them and then you have one group of black africans that are doing considerably worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...usehold_income

When did I "justify"the riot. Quote it, of course, you can't because you're just spouting bullshit as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck did you like ignore the fucking bolded part of the quote?! This is a dumb question becuase the answer is in the quote and it's fucking bolded.
    Because the bolded part doesn't matter. If we are wholly racist, the job or education would be worth as much as the paper it was printed on. They'd be spit on for their troubles and sent to Section 8.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.