Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "I find this offensive, do you find this offensive too?"
    Some people do, others question why you feel entitled to push your opinions on others.

"I have a right to voice my opinions."
    You do? Where? Are you forced to be part of these groups that share Mog photos that offend you so greatly? Are you subjected against your will to these photos?

"I don't [think it's an important topic to discuss]"
    And yet... you created a thread to discuss just this topic. Certainly you felt your observations were important enough to warrant coming to the forums, posting a title, entering some content, and await replies. Maybe the reality is that you're just not getting the replies you wanted? That or you're just bored and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And you thought clothing upon a woman, particularly the choice of clothing upon a woman when selected by a woman, in a video game; was something you could and should trumpet some kind of puritanical wholesome attitude toward. That these womens shouldn't be allowed to pick what their computer game avatar wears, lest it corrupt some poor man who's self-control is usurped and lost to the primal power of their cock?
    Oddly enough, I never said as much. There's a significant difference between casting an opinion and expecting people to conform to said opinion.

Why you do not see the difference is irrelevant to me; though it does humor me to consider the idea of one day logging in and screaming at random people, "WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING WHAT I TOLD YOU TO WEAR?!"

You seem to have some kind of deep, underlying, personal issue going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    We have some "slutty" ones in both WoD and Legion
    Yup!

Skimpy Demonleather Tunic

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    look at anita
    No. I don't care about Anita, her ilk, or their opinions. The pedestal she uses to cast judgement on others is entirely unearned.

If I dress a female toon in a revealing outfit because she looks good in it and it suits her character, that is not objectification. That character is not a person. She's a set of polygons. She has no thoughts or feelings of her own. Any and all aspects of her personality are just figments of my imagination. Whether I choose to imagine an empowering female personality for her or not is irrelevant, and unrelated to how I choose to dress her.

If I treat a female player who does have thoughts and feelings of her own like an object, that's objectifying. If I treat her like a person, regardless of how her toon is dressed, that is not objectification.

And basing whether it's empowerment or not on the gender of the player is inherently sexist.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Some people do, others question why you feel entitled to push your opinions on others.

You do? Where? Are you forced to be part of these groups that share Mog photos that offend you so greatly? Are you subjected against your will to these photos?

And yet... you created a thread to discuss just this topic. Certainly you felt your observations were important enough to warrant coming to the forums, posting a title, entering some content, and await replies. Maybe the reality is that you're just not getting the replies you wanted? That or you're just bored and trolling.
    Right then. You're reaching a bit too much here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Oddly enough, I never said as much. There's a significant difference between casting personal judgment and expecting people to conform to said judgment.

Why you do not see the difference is irrelevant to me; though it does humor me to consider the idea of me logging in one day and screaming at random people, "WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING WHAT I TOLD YOU TO WEAR?!"

You seem to have some kind of deep, underlying, personal issue going on here.
    Damn fucking right I have an issue. That womens clothing is such a contentious topic that everyone needs an opinion on.

Deleted
    maybe it's just me but what a worthless way to spend your time.

edit: caring about mog-shaming

I couldn't care less how people transmog THEIR toons and I really couldn't care less what they think of my toons. Kids will be kids, move along.

Damn fucking right I have an issue. That womens clothing is such a contentious topic that everyone needs an opinion on.
    Get over it. You're acting as if someone just proposed we create laws, on a game no less, to restrict peoples' access to certain clothing options. It hasn't happened. All you have is an OP concerning one's distaste for X because it'd be interesting to see how other people felt about it. This isn't some inquisition. We're not demanding anything. Posting up names. Going out of our way to belittle or defame.

In other words, you're getting far too bent out of shape over nothing. I personally don't care what you wear at the end of the day. Just don't expect me to like it and never remark on it because your personal feelings have to be shielded. It's a free country, or in this case, a free forum(for the most part). If you don't care for these sorts of discussions, you're more than able to steer clear and go about your own way. Crazy, right?

Hell, you can even make a thread about how you don't like people who make threads about other peoples' mog choices. Knock yourself the fuck out.

Well. I can't say I care.

I put some thought into my transmogs and also dislike the slutty outfits, but man, I don't give a damn what other people do with their characters ... or their real bodies, for that matter. I'm so not interested.

Yeah because my opinion towards how one appears is limited to only women, right.
    Way to skip over the part of the post that truly explained how neurotic and sociopathic this entire thread and concept of 'mog shaming' is. You need to reevaluate yourself, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    some, and its mostly just bras, and even then they arnt as revealing as the old sets that barly cover the nipples...
    the demon hunter order hall set chest is a thin strip of cloth that if you were wearing, one slightly hard step would make your nipples out from natural bounce.

why can't they add a simple breast binding like kor'vas wore in harbingers? v.v

i have to say, it does make me think of a person in a specific way if they're slutmogged to hell, until they prove my wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Way to skip over the part of the post that truly explained how neurotic and sociopathic this entire thread and concept of 'mog shaming' is. You need to reevaluate yourself, seriously.
    I don't think so. The irony is how high atop your white horse you stride while laying such accusations upon me. It's so palpable it almost has a taste to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over it. You're acting as if someone just proposed we create laws, on a game no less, to restrict peoples' access to certain clothing options. It hasn't happened. All you have is an OP concerning one's distaste for X because it'd be interesting to see how other people felt about it. This isn't some inquisition. We're not demanding anything. Posting up names. Going out of our way to belittle or defame.

In other words, you're getting far too bent out of shape over nothing. I personally don't care what you wear at the end of the day. Just don't expect me to like it and never remark on it because your personal feelings have to be shielded. It's a free country, or in this case, a free forum(for the most part). If you don't care for these sorts of discussions, you're more than able to steer clear and go about your own way. Crazy, right?
    You don't like my counter-points, so I can go away so your own world view is shielded and reinforced? I mean, it doesn't sound like you want to restrict peoples access, by shaming them and trying to bring them down and make them insecure about it; to tell them it's wrong, not at all. No, that wouldn't be right.

What someone is wearing has literally nothing to do with you. If you don't need to interact with them, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It didn't used to look that bad but slutmogs are almost all from vanilla and their textures look horrible on the new models.

It kind of seems like blizzard is just trying to forget when being sexy was ok and just trying to discourage there use with low pixels that stretch over the new models ;<
    mostyl because in the world of tumblr and anita/femanazi's if wow "the most popular mmo" starts bringing back sexy female charecters/armor it will be a prime target, look at all the arguments about alexstraza that popped up in wrath...

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the demon hunter order hall set chest is a thin strip of cloth that if you were wearing, one slightly hard step would make your nipples out from natural bounce.

why can't they add a simple breast binding like kor'vas wore in harbingers? v.v

i have to say, it does make me think of a person in a specific way if they're slutmogged to hell, until they prove my wrong anyway.
    The only thing I think of a person when they're slutmogged, is they're dying for attention. Outside of that, I don't dig much deeper.

...and yes, like I said, some revealing and or sexy clothing wouldn't be so bad if they were actually designed well. Instead they always look gaudy and ridiculous. Even worse, often low-res as all hell.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-08-17 at 03:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargai View Post
    I don't get this one to be honest.
    Where are the pauldrons attached and the gloves look they'd chafe like crazy because they look way too heavy when the chest piece is a hint of nothing.
    idk, ask the devs.
    im using them cause it looks good.

Formerly known as Arafal

OP is just being a douche, there are a million more common mogs around than the plate-kini ones anyway, people tend to just use those for bank alts.

I actually do like to /w people to compliment their mogs though if they look cool. People clearly put time in and sometimes you see something special (and then steal it)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is all about personal taste, I don't see the point in putting someone down because you disagree with the items they chose to transmog. If it gets under your skin and you keep it to yourself that's totally different, I hope that's the case here. I can't for the life of me wrap my mind around the thought of someone seriously saying something to a person about their transmog.

You don't like my counter-points, so I can go away so your own world view is shielded and reinforced? I mean, it doesn't sound like you want to restrict peoples access, by shaming them and trying to bring them down and make them insecure about it; to tell them is wrong, not at all. No, that wouldn't be right.

What someone is wearing has literally nothing to do with you. If you don't need to interact with them, don't.
    Your counter-points are irrelevant, that's the problem here. I'm not going to stop and go, "Oh gee, I'm sorry, I'm never entitled to my own opinion on anything because it might upset you!" If you're getting insecure because I'm remarking on mogs I don't like, then you weren't secure with yourself to begin with and my original opinion of said mogs ironically stands as true.