Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There seem to be some issues with the baseline ilvls awarded from some of the quests in the pre-release events.
    In Alpha all of the scenarios awarded 700 gear if i remember correctly.

However, at the end of the day these are just intended as
    a) lore and hype bombs
    b) transmog gear
    c) catch-up mechanic for returning players so they don't have to enter Legion with 630 gear.

The gear itself will be irrelevant almost instantly upon Legion release, so the actual ilvl is more or less unimportant.

I mean, did people really expect to get upgrades from this while wearing HFC HC or Mythic gear?

Go home, you are drunk. Ilvl is irrelevant this close to launch.

Kind of jealous of the guys who dinged warforged on the quest gloves. Guess I need to learn to rng. Ten post requirement is retarded.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    got my gloves about 5 hrs ago. were 685 on Alliance.

Weird.

out of topic question (yet still relevant to the quests): Will we need to do these quests in order to advance to expansion? I mean if we dont do them now, will we have to do it before we go to expansion zones?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Got 695 as Horde and I got 738 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So my gloves were 700 earlier, logged back in and they are now 685.
    Ive only done it on 2 toons (1 horde, 1 alliance) so far & this is the same for me - they were def 700 when they dropped. Now 685

I got the gloves at 700 with an ilevel of 685 for my char
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Got the ring at 685 (and they still are) with my 8 horde toons (all very low itemlevel, below 650). My alliance toon got the ring at ilevel 700 (and it still is), also with a rather low itemlevel (691).
    The trinket and the weapon were 685 on all toons. I did the karazhan quest with another horde char (itemlevel 704), and got 685 gloves.

I think it's either completely buggily random, or the items can proc as soon as you start the quest (the ring was 700 already in the quest log).

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a visual bug as when I link my gloves they are 695 (Warforged) for me, but my guildies say they are still 710. When I got them this morning it also was 710.
    Weird stuff.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    To follow up on this, Alliance gets ilvl700 gloves from Karazhan quest, Horde gets ilvl685.. So it's consisten with Broken Shore and Karazhan.
    It's because Alliance players in general suck so Blizz boosted them ... ... sorry I just had to ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    My 710 alliance rogue got 685 gloves
    Honestly I don't even know what's happening, for me I 685 Gloves on Horde and 700 on Alliance, then the Horde gloves turned into ilvl700 at some point last night. As for the rings all my alliance chars have ilvl700, hordes have 685 apart from the one that procced epic which is 700.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Bohoo, poor kid!
    Wow, you need some help my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

My gloves were 685 and stayed that way. I sold them already...

On horde I always got ilvl685, on my alliance I always got ilvl700. Not talking about a proc either, it showed ilvl700 as the quest reward in the quest for my mage the other day for the Broken Shore ring, and today with my Druid for the Karazhan gloves, directly after doing it on Horde (literally in last 20mins) and getting ilvl685.

your using a addon that is not correctly updated, so delete cache, i had the same issue, hovering over the item in the quest it shows 685 for the gloves and ring, but when in my bags/equipped it switched over to 700, cause before launch they upgraded it to 700 to make it abit better, both of them

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    out of topic question (yet still relevant to the quests): Will we need to do these quests in order to advance to expansion? I mean if we dont do them now, will we have to do it before we go to expansion zones?
    You will need to complete these quests at least once. After that when Legion starts and you have completed the Dalaran teleportation then you will be given an option on your alts to skip all of that. Otherwise once Legion hits if you haven't done it yet then you will still need to do it at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    your using a addon that is not correctly updated, so delete cache, i had the same issue, hovering over the item in the quest it shows 685 for the gloves and ring, but when in my bags/equipped it switched over to 700, cause before launch they upgraded it to 700 to make it abit better, both of them
    Yes and no. The items have now reverted back to 685 even if you got them at 700. When I opened up the quest myself it showed the the 700 gloves, gave 700 gloves, but now reverted to 685.

Also, you would be partially right in your statement. If there is an error given it would not be from an add-on would pull the data from the cache folder. Deleting the cache folder won't affect the add-on at all. All it does is clear out any stored data you have and resets it essentially. So the add-on would show the correct information provided your system does. Since this is the first time he's seeing the quest then the data would be accurate, unless you are suggesting that between the time he opened the quest and saw it all that data got corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You will need to complete these quests at least once. After that when Legion starts and you have completed the Dalaran teleportation then you will be given an option on your alts to skip all of that. Otherwise once Legion hits if you haven't done it yet then you will still need to do it at least once.
    Thanks for the info
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by billymm View Post
    Ive only done it on 2 toons (1 horde, 1 alliance) so far & this is the same for me - they were def 700 when they dropped. Now 685
    Today I cleared my game cache & the horde version changed to 700, but the alliance stayed at 685

When i got the gloves they were 685 ( I am alliance) but somehow now they are ilvl 700

10+ Year Old Account
    I got gloves with GS 685 and no 'offline-update' like someone postet yesterday. I did this with my main who has GS 725, so these gloves are not helpful.

On horde I always got ilvl685, on my alliance I always got ilvl700. Not talking about a proc either, it showed ilvl700 as the quest reward in the quest for my mage the other day for the Broken Shore ring, and today with my Druid for the Karazhan gloves, directly after doing it on Horde (literally in last 20mins) and getting ilvl685.

A little off topic but can you tell me what font that is? I haven't been able to find a font this clear in-game so far.